Search results

+
  1. DankTemplar

I quit vs NG and here's why

NG have too many control options compared to everyone else. By a massive margin. While this might fit thematically, I find vsing NG to be frustrating, not fun and tempts me to quit the game for this reason. Do I think NG is imba? Not really but when you theme a faction around pissing your...
  2. DankTemplar

Mages 'n Missiles: A Siege n' Breach deck

Welcome to my seemingly competitive deck! This doesn't renly on too many gimmicks while being full of...magic 'n missiles. Enjoy the engines of destruction for they are a little imbalanced! Leader Ability: Pincer Maneuver Gold Cards: Siege Vernon Roche Syanna Phillipa: Blind Fury Royal...
  3. DankTemplar

I think Gwent is imbalanced. Devs need to listen more.

I am going to preface and say that I'm sure that the dev team for Gwent are amazing people and employees so this is not a personal attack of any sort...this is, however, critique of what I consider a laughably lousy job at balancing the game. Why do I consider Gwent's balance so bad? Because...
  4. DankTemplar

Northern Realms Alliance - Archers 'n Infantry - Control-based, consistent NR with huge power plays

Screw Siege Engines and gimmicky Scenario Artifacts. Archers 'n Infantry are where it's at! Leader Ability: Pincer Manuver Gold Cards: Portal Vernon Roche Syanna Royal Decree Tainted Ale (tech card) Donimir of Troy Anna Strenger Bronze Cards: Temerian Drummer x2 Alzur's Thunder x2...
  5. DankTemplar

The devs need to consider frustration when creating cards

Gwent is usually pretty good but imo there's a few problems, mostly stemming from how frustrating strategies, and not in a reasonable way, are the go-to. Frustration occurs when you're completely shut out of doing your stuff. Not as in losing a few units here or there but as in having all your...
  6. DankTemplar

DJ Townsfolk is meh, Hemmelfart is better.

People are super focused on DJ Townsfolk and while it's a good deck I almost always win vs it with Hemmelfart while having a superior matchup vs Foltest. To that end here's a goid Hemmelfart deck that does what DJ Townsfolk does - but better! Leader: Hemmelfart Gold: Renew Necromancy Royal...
  7. DankTemplar

Personal opinion: Ardal and Usurper issues

Been running into this a lot; Arfal and Usurper players [...] who cram as mich seize and removal special cards in their deck as possible. I get why, DJ is a broken leader and needs to be addressed but imo, Ardal and Usurper are just as bad in different ways. Ardal is unitless 2.0...
  8. DankTemplar

Personal opinion: Ardal decks are the worst thing to ever happen to Gwent.

There's a 2 parts to this. 1st off. Ardal decks are outright encouraged to be "unitless" to maximize his effect. That in combination with Ardal decks that main every possible way to seize and refrealsh their leader ability promote a very unhealthy, anti fun way of playing the game that imo, is...
  9. DankTemplar

Deck List: Cyrus Self Buff

Running a self buff only Cyrus deck and been having a blast with it! It doesn't run any removal, it's all engine overwhelm plays but has some pretty potent combos that break down into smaller combos if things go bad. Leader: Cyrus Hemmelfart Why? Only 1 reason; combos with Igor Scribe plays...
  10. DankTemplar

Deck List: Big Schong Woodland Anti-Meta

This deck is pretty much the definition of unitless deck and I fully expect it to die in a tire fire...but maaaaan is it ever amusing to troll the meta with! Enjoy! P.S. This deck is pretty much skilless and is fairly cheap to build. Great for beginners and people who just want to watch the...
  11. DankTemplar

Most imbalances in this game are a result of bad point to provision ratio and can easily be fixed.

I think Gwent is fun but the game is also not very balanced. Rather than list examples (if you have 1 or 2 tier 1 decks, that is a huge sign of imbalance) I'll cover why this happens and the easiest fix. Most of the cards that generate overpowered swings have a 1 to 1 (or damn near) provision...
  12. DankTemplar

Francesca: Weather Witch Handbuff

Here's my deck. It's mean and effective. Probably not top tier but it works fairly well. Leader: Francesca Findabair Ragh Nar Roog Land of a Thousand Fables Saesenthessis Epidemic x2 King of Beggars Impenetrable Fog x1 Torrential Rain x2 Hawker Smuggler x2 Alzur's Thunder x2 Dimeritium...
  13. DankTemplar

Bug: Treant Mantis: Stalk not triggering Elven Scout

Bug: Treant Mantis: Stalk not triggering Elven Scout (Whenever an allied trap is triggerer boost self by 2). I suspect this is because Treant Mantis: Stalk is transforming into a unit before Elven Scout can detect the trap being triggered.
  14. DankTemplar

Bug with new cards: Land of a Thousand Fables not registering Portal as a special card...

Bug: Land of a Thousand Fables (Deploy: Play any special card from your deck) is not registering Portal (Deploy Summon a random unit with 4 provision cost from your deck on both sides of this card) as a special card. Portal probably does not have the proper keyword assigned on the backend...
  15. DankTemplar

Dare to Dream: A Control Deck that packs a punch

Leader: Usurper Dragon's Dream Letho Kingslayer Vesemir Mentor Serrit Ivo of Bekhaven Nivellen Esket Pathfinder Auckes Eskel Vesemir Lambert Viper Witcher x1 Dimeritium Shackles x2 Mahakam Ale x2 Vicovaro Novice x1 Alba Armored Infantrt x2 Nauzicaa Sergeant x2 Magna Division x2 Slave Driver x2...
  16. DankTemplar

Monsters seem a bit overpowered right now...

Just their finishers, consuming from grave on deploy generates too big of a swing with no counterplay other than hoping you end up with card advantage so you go last. Might be a problem with deploy finishers being too strong in general.
  17. DankTemplar

Problem with round phases progressing oddly

Hi totally recreatable bug here, can be recreated with extreme ease. If the opponent passes and you have 1 Rot Tosser in hand, then play the Rot Tosser, leaving you with 0 cards in hand, the Cow Carcass that Rot Tosser does not trigger. Expected result: Game should pass automatically for the...
  18. DankTemplar

Made a Witcher themed control deck, would like opinions.

Want opinions and possible improvements for my Witcher control deck if you guys wouldn't mind! 25 cards 165 provisions Leader: Usurper Gold Cards: 11 Royal Decree Letho of Gulet Joachim de Wett Vesemir: Mentor Serrit Ivo of Belhaven Auckes Esket Vesemir Lambert Traheaem var Vdyffir Bronze...
  19. DankTemplar

Gwent was a really good Card Game, now it feels awful.

Hey guys, I know you put a lot of effort into HC and it shows, there's a lit of good still but overall I feel like HC stripped the identity of Gwent away but more importantly, I think a lot of the changes were not thought through and are ruining the game. I'll go into detail with potential...
  20. DankTemplar

Nilfgaard Lock and Burn

A modification to my NG reveal burn deck to make it more versatile after playing a Usurper anti fun deck that inspired changes. Leader: Usurper Gold Cards: 9 Royal Decree Alzur's Double-Cross Letho: Kingslayer Operator Roach Vryghef Eskel Vesemir Lambert Gold card breakdown: Operator and...
Top Bottom