1.61 gig. Goodbye night city problems

+
so i'm currently trying to do a 100% run of the game, but while doing the badlands gigs i found a problem with goodbye night city. first of all dokota don't call when i approach the area. i can tho force the quest to start if i climb the rock side to the left of the main gate, but i wont progress. tried some different methods, and found that i can progress the mission to the point where i need to talk to Bruce in the camp, if i run in there while talking with dakota on the phone, but then Bruce wont talk no matter what i do.

happend with 1.60, and now also on the new patch just released.

so i'm currently trying to do a 100% run of the game, but while doing the badlands gigs i found a problem with goodbye night city. first of all dokota don't call when i approach the area. i can tho force the quest to start if i climb the rock side to the left of the main gate, but i wont progress. tried some different methods, and found that i can progress the mission to the point where i need to talk to Bruce in the camp, if i run in there while talking with dakota on the phone, but then Bruce wont talk no matter what i do.

happend with 1.60, and now also on the new patch just released.

I had multiple problems with Dakota’s missions, TLR, MIA, and this one, but managed to get around them via the Save Editor (Project CyberCAT-SimpleGUI) and in conjunction with Cyber Engine Tweaks/Simple Menu - An In-Game UI including Hotkeys:

This is only advice and I would highly recommend backing up any save files or making a fresh save for the purposes of doing this. C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077: Also I'm no expert this worked for me and might work for others.

In the save editor which has been updated for 1,61 support open the save file click on Quest facts and sort by name then look for entries ina_ as these are the ones that relate to Dakota or at least in some form.

I had to add the lines via add +new fact

ina_09_start
ina_09_finished

Setting the value to 1 for each.

Then I used the end quest function in Simple Menu, this both finished the gig (goodbye night city) and moved Dakota's gig tally thus helping me get her reward.

As said I had trouble with TLR and MIA, same quest facts as above for TLR it was ina_08 and MIA ina_05

Last edited:
I had multiple problems with Dakota’s missions, TLR, MIA, and this one, but managed to get around them via the Save Editor (Project CyberCAT-SimpleGUI) and in conjunction with Cyber Engine Tweaks/Simple Menu - An In-Game UI including Hotkeys:

This is only advice and I would highly recommend backing up any save files or making a fresh save for the purposes of doing this. C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077: Also I'm no expert this worked for me and might work for others.

In the save editor which has been updated for 1,61 support open the save file click on Quest facts and sort by name then look for entries ina_ as these are the ones that relate to Dakota or at least in some form.

I had to add the lines via add +new fact

ina_09_start
ina_09_finished

Setting the value to 1 for each.

Then I used the end quest function in Simple Menu, this both finished the gig (goodbye night city) and moved Dakota's gig tally thus helping me get her reward.

As said I had trouble with TLR and MIA, same quest facts as above for TLR it was ina_08 and MIA ina_05

1668009562457.png

this is how my save editor looks, not sure what it all means tho, but tried to do exactly what you wrote and can then "complete" the gig but nothing else happends so i can start the reward quest or anything sadly. any idea?
And thank you very much for the response.

View attachment 11328500
this is how my save editor looks, not sure what it all means tho, but tried to do exactly what you wrote and can then "complete" the gig but nothing else happends so i can start the reward quest or anything sadly. any idea?
And thank you very much for the response.
The only thing I can think off is going back to a save before that mission and add _na_09_start and ina_09_finished then use simple menu to finish the quest whilst having it selected as your current gig, I didn't even get the phone call for mine. But in TLR I had some of it done but just adding start and finish before doing the mission worked, as it skipped all the in-between bits as it might be one of them causing the problem, but which one and how to fix it is a bit beyond my working knowledge of the save editor and coding as a whole. I sort of hit it with a big stick and it worked.

Edit: also look for any #ina entries (sort by name as they are near the start) as that might lead you to the problem, I don't have any for 09, but as I forced it to finish I'm not sure if I should, but I do have some for the other gigs.

Last edited:
the odd part is that i haven't even been at the place the gig is at, maybe that could be a problem with the quest that all of the things to do are already done. anyway when i do the method as you said it actually starts the mission again, or atleast shows the gig as all other non done gigs.

the odd part is that i haven't even been at the place the gig is at, maybe that could be a problem with the quest that all of the things to do are already done. anyway when i do the method as you said it actually starts the mission again, or atleast shows the gig as all other non done gigs.
Yeah I had that as well, the gigs were still on the map, I found selecting it and moving away helped. but if I recall it still pops up as undiscovered even though I had it done.

Top Bottom