Cameras can be turned off twice; earn XP twice

+
After turning off a camera and earning breach XP, you can go near the camera and turn it off again and earn engineering XP. I wonder if this is a bug or feature. If a camera is already off, that should be it. The player shouldn't be able to double-dip on XP.

It's a feature I think.

Because a camera turned off with hacking can be turned on again. I seen this happen.
Like npc see camera off on terminal and enables it.

If turned off with engineering and you go to terminal it will not say offline it will say no power instead.
So with engineering you cut power to it so they can't turn it on again.

You can do the same with mines and turrets. You get xp for each attribute only once (once for Int, once for Tech), so not a big deal.
Actually, since something broke with my engineering and shooting through walls with tech-guns triggers xp gain very rarely, I use every camera/mine/turrent for that little skill progress I can get.... :(

Same with turrets if hacked to only be offline, not as assist, they can also go active again if you go into combat and start shooting at you.

So I turn them off if possible and then go rip them off and throw away so they can't activate again.

It's irritating that you can cut around a building's cameras to tag enemies, but the camera will still be hostile toward you even though you've already used it. Just a little discontinuity there.

Top Bottom