[BUG] 2.1.1 Radioport options bugged

+
Synch to Vehicle Radio option, if turned off, still synchs music when entering a vehicle (if music was playing before entering). Tested with motorcycles, but probably applies to all vehicle.

If you enable Cycle Stations with Button Press option, it gets really difficult to disable radioport music. You are forced to open radio view and manually select no station, which is very tedious.
This really needs to be handled better. Maybe as a compromise, have it so that if you open radio view by holding Z, then holding it again in radio view open to turn off radio port. Alternatively, have double tab turn off radio (without need to open radio view), while single tap toggle songs in that mode.

On top of that, for me the radioport still starts playing out of the blue, even if there is no station selected. Happens with both the car radio and the port, very annoying as it happens randomly and can't be reliably reproduced.

On top of that, for me the radioport still starts playing out of the blue, even if there is no station selected. Happens with both the car radio and the port, very annoying as it happens randomly and can't be reliably reproduced.

Yeah, I think it's the issue it to it being bound to Z, which is used for other things too.

And rebinding it to something else is also currently blocked and not working.

Happens to me too. But the worst part is that the button for radio outside a car has been changed, and it ignores the keybind in the settings so it cant be changed. No matter what you change the keybind to, the actual button ignores it. How could they fit THIS MANY bugs that seem completely tangential to the actual changes into this update?

Now the game is esseentially unplayable to me cause I cant stop the radio turning on while doing anything.

Yeah, I think it's the issue it to it being bound to Z, which is used for other things too.

And rebinding it to something else is also currently blocked and not working.
Actually, no, because I bound the radioport to a key exclusively for it via the inputUserMappings.xml config file. It still starts sometimes on it's own without me interfering with the controls. For now, only solution is setting the volume to zero when I'm not listening to the radio.

To clarify, I don't mean the radio gui itself shows up, just the music starts playing out of the blue and then suddenly stops. Happened before starting with update 2.1, and is still not fixed. The key binding issue you guys talk about happens in addition and can only be fixed by manually editing the config file.

Edit: Radioport/Carradio occasionally activating seems to be a remnant in my old save from before the update, the new game startet after the update doesn't seem to have the problem anymore (almost 10 hours in, fingers crossed). So only the new problems with the radio introduced with 2.11 needs to be adressed.

Last edited:
Yeah, the radio switches itself on even when no other button except movement buttons are pressed.

Also, the keybind in usersettings.json seems to be correct, but its still not the one in the game? The game puts it on Z regardless of the usersettings file?

You need to edit the "inputUserMappings.xml" located in ...\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config

Search for the line <mapping name="PocketRadio_Button" type="Button" > and change "IK_Z" into any key you like (but not Mousebuttons 4 and higher). Make sure your desired key doesn't conflict with other settings.

Top Bottom