Crashing After 2.12 - Loading Saved Games

+
The game still crashes when trying to load a game. The only key I have rebound is "dash" to my MB4, and I just bound that key immediately after updating to 2.12 hoping that the issue was fixed from 2.11. Still remains.

For crash issues please see the official CDPR support website:

If the suggestions from the article do not solve the issue, you can contact support by clicking on "contact us".

Keep in mind though, if mods are installed, things can be trickier.

Well, to put it simply, since patch 2.11, if I bind any commands to the side buttons on my Logitech G903 then the game will always crash upon loading a save. And now, following the release on patch 2.12, the exact same issue occurs. Removing the binds from the side mouse buttons immediately resolves the issue.
Post automatically merged:

Update: I reached out CDPR support. I supplied a DXDIAG. Their advice was to update the GPU drivers. I'm not an expert, but I'm not clear on how the GPU drivers relate to a crash happening due to commands bound to side buttons on a mouse.

Last edited:
Updating drivers did not help. This has been happening since 2.11. I have all the default settings in the game. I have my MB4 bound through Logitech's software, not in-game. Saves still crash.

Updating drivers did not help. This has been happening since 2.11. I have all the default settings in the game. I have my MB4 bound through Logitech's software, not in-game. Saves still crash.
By "default settings", you also mean default keybinding in game?
(maybe just to try, don't bind anything on "additional" mouse button in case)

Edit : Also, just to know, did you ever used mods on the saves you try to load?
If yes, might "simply" be a mod issue.

Hey, I’m just reporting in to say I’m experiencing what I believe is the same issue on a Steamdeck. Providing my scenario in hopes it helps identify the issue.

Problem happened immediately after updating to Cyberpunk 2077 2.12. Upon first launch, I was presented with a pop-up error message:

“User settings data appear to be corrupted and cannot be loaded. They will be replaced with default settings data.”

I’ve only seen this pop-up twice out of quite a few attempts. After it reset the settings, it let me in the game, but upon quitting the game, restarting it, and pressing “Continue”, it locks up again without the pop-up. I haven’t determined what triggers the pop-up, but one of the two times it was presented was the first launch since patching to 2.12 from 2.11.

Issue is that the game seems to lock up when loading a save file. Often after a long pause during loading it will cause the Steamdeck to reboot entirely, but not every time. On the times it does not, it seems to hang indefinitely. I’ve allowed it to sit there supposedly loading for an hour with no change observed.

Cyberpunk itself launches fine. Issue happens every time I try to “Continue” or load a saved game.

I do normally change the default controls, but only mildly. I invert the Vertical Axis on the Controller section for both first and third person. Resetting to default controls does not avoid the issue.

Environment:
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.12
No mods ever
Steamdeck 1 TB OLED
Steam Version 1709168962
SteamOS Version 3.5.17 Build 2020228.2
Kernel 6.1.52-valve16-1-neptune-61
BIOS Version F7G0107

Things I’ve tried with no change to results:
. Checked the integrity of the Cyberpunk 2077 files through steam
. Attempted older save games
. Attempted saved games that were created manually and those that were autogenerated by the game’s checkpoints
. Rebooted the Steamdeck
. Launched Cyberpunk and quit it gracefully without attempting to launch a saved game, then launch again and attempt to load a saved game
. Launched Cyberpunk, set Controls to default, attempt to launch a saved game

If anyone figures out anything, I’m interested! Otherwise, I hope this helps anyone who‘s tracking down the issue.

Last edited:
The game still crashes when trying to load a game. The only key I have rebound is "dash" to my MB4, and I just bound that key immediately after updating to 2.12 hoping that the issue was fixed from 2.11. Still remains.
you have to find the CChromaEditorLibrary64.dll file and rename it, i just added a 4 at the end and it works fine. that's how i fixed the issue in 2.11 and i had to do it again this update too. the path to find the file is

steam: Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64'
GOG: GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64

I have the same problem as OP here. Unbinding Mouse Button 4 fixes the crash...
my comment above should fix the issue, you should be able to use any binds and not experience crashes

Thanks ChelM! I haven't been able to play for months, and renaming CChromaEditorLibrary64.dll finally fixed it. I have an awkward config that uses mouse buttons for forward and jump. The game always crashed while loading.

Well, to put it simply, since patch 2.11, if I bind any commands to the side buttons on my Logitech G903 then the game will always crash upon loading a save. And now, following the release on patch 2.12, the exact same issue occurs. Removing the binds from the side mouse buttons immediately resolves the issue.

Update: I reached out CDPR support. I supplied a DXDIAG. Their advice was to update the GPU drivers. I'm not an expert, but I'm not clear on how the GPU drivers relate to a crash happening due to commands bound to side buttons on a mouse.
Of course it doesn't do anything, it's just their shitty ass excuse to not fix it.
Not only you need a mod to map all the options, they even break something that worked before and worked for almost 30 years flawlessly.

Remove key maps is not a solution.

you have to find the CChromaEditorLibrary64.dll file and rename it, i just added a 4 at the end and it works fine. that's how i fixed the issue in 2.11 and i had to do it again this update too. the path to find the file is

steam: Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64'
GOG: GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64

my comment above should fix the issue, you should be able to use any binds and not experience crashes
Sorry, what name should be at the end? CChromaEditorLibrary644.dll?
Or you suggest to just rename it in any way to not be found by the game?

Last edited:
Of course it doesn't do anything, it's just their shitty ass excuse to not fix it.
Not only you need a mod to map all the options, they even break something that worked before and worked for almost 30 years flawlessly.

Remove key maps is not a solution.

Sorry, what name should be at the end? CChromaEditorLibrary644.dll?
Or you suggest to just rename it in any way to not be found by the game?
just rename it in any way. if you wish to make it CChromaEditorLibrary644.dll then that will work, as that is what i did with mine

Thanks ChelM! I haven't been able to play for months, and renaming CChromaEditorLibrary64.dll finally fixed it. I have an awkward config that uses mouse buttons for forward and jump. The game always crashed while loading.
i'm glad i could help hun

Top Bottom