Cyberpunk 2077 2.1 patch. Bug with the "sonic shock" script.

+
In patch 2.1, the sound shock script stopped working properly. Now it is impossible to pass the game secretly. Although when I send a script and then hit the enemy with a club, he doesn't tell anyone anything. That is, this bug is only with scripts.
В патче 2.1 скрипт звуковой шок перестал работать как нужно. Теперь скрытно невозможно проходить игру. Хотя когда я отправляю скрипт, а потом бью врага дубиной, он никому ничего не сообщает. То есть данный баг только со скриптами.

Now it is impossible to pass the game secretly.

nope. you can still use system collapse or memory wipe. although sonic shock still seems to work for guns at least for me - just not for quickhacks anymore. sure it s*cks and already was confirmed as bug - but there are still ways to adapt until a patch drops.

Yes, I know a friend. There is even a mod that fixes this error. But the developers need to be reminded otherwise they won't do anything.

yabab

Forum regular
Yes, I know a friend. There is even a mod that fixes this error. But the developers need to be reminded otherwise they won't do anything.
They likely won't do anything regardless, they already moved the needle in terms of public perception and multiple devs have spoken that it is time to leave the game behind and focus on Orion, the sequel.

In patch 2.1, the sound shock script stopped working properly. Now it is impossible to pass the game secretly. Although when I send a script and then hit the enemy with a club, he doesn't tell anyone anything. That is, this bug is only with scripts.
В патче 2.1 скрипт звуковой шок перестал работать как нужно. Теперь скрытно невозможно проходить игру. Хотя когда я отправляю скрипт, а потом бью врага дубиной, он никому ничего не сообщает. То есть данный баг только со скриптами.
How annoying.. Really.. This quickhacks back trace thing is just so awful. Sonic was the ONLY way to play for me with quickhacks since this patch.
I love the netrunner playstyle so much since release but they just destroyed it for me and now it's totally unplayable for me because not even sonic is not working.

Switch out Sonic Shock for memory wipe. Problem solved. I'm sure they are aware and probably working on a hotfix, but as I've stated so many times, it's the holidays. People are on break or busy. Try to be understanding. People are supposed to be less mean during this season...

Memory wipe tier 4, as tier 5 more than triples the ram cost, is the way to go until a patch is released. Or use the bugfix mod a modder provided for free during holiday season, shocking, isn't it.

And about holiday season, we all know that. Have you told that to CDPR, forcing a broken update (and there is no way in hell they didn't know that it was broken) just before holiday season?

Memory wipe tier 4, as tier 5 more than triples the ram cost, is the way to go until a patch is released. Or use the bugfix mod a modder provided for free during holiday season, shocking, isn't it.

And about holiday season, we all know that. Have you told that to CDPR, forcing a broken update (and there is no way in hell they didn't know that it was broken) just before holiday season?
You really think they did it on purpose? ALL patches have the potential to break games. You give Larian studios the same shit for their patches breaking half the game features? I sure hope so...Some of y'all really have no chill...and before one of you tries, not defending CDPR but come on now, some of you are acting like the game breaking on your end is a personal slight and done just to fuck with you...a little unhinged.

You really think they did it on purpose? ALL patches have the potential to break games. You give Larian studios the same shit for their patches breaking half the game features? I sure hope so...Some of y'all really have no chill...and before one of you tries, not defending CDPR but come on now, some of you are acting like the game breaking on your end is a personal slight and done just to fuck with you...a little unhinged.
The problems with 2.1 are way too obvious to be ignored. And even if they didn't knew, you just don't release a major update with lot's of new features just before holiday season, because it can potentially break the game. It's pure ignorance from the management imo, not the actual developers that have to pay for the poor decisions of the "suits", by already working on an update (Steam DB verified).

Meanwhile, I'll continue my playthrough and enjoy it, reporting every issue I can verify not a problem solely on my end. This update isn't for free, because our time playtesting and reporting the issues doesn't get paid. It's voluntary, and during holiday season as well. There won't be an update before xmas or even new year, but I'm fine with it. I just wanted to point out that people have a right to complain that a fine working 2.02 got screwed and for many holiday season is one of the few times to enjoy a huge game such as cyberpunk.

ALL patches have the potential to break games.
im tired of reading this seriously. if pc player are used to this i feel sorry. for consoles tho im not used that patches break more than they fix . name one company which is as bad as cdpr/cp77 in patching of console games - there is none. patches on console might bring 1-2 bugs but not that much like cp77 does patch for patch. so please stop saying its natural because it absolutely isnt, no matter what you say. keep this argument for yourself if you sleep better but its far from the truth sorry.

The problems with 2.1 are way too obvious to be ignored. And even if they didn't knew, you just don't release a major update with lot's of new features just before holiday season, because it can potentially break the game. It's pure ignorance from the management imo, not the actual developers that have to pay for the poor decisions of the "suits", by already working on an update (Steam DB verified).

Meanwhile, I'll continue my playthrough and enjoy it, reporting every issue I can verify not a problem solely on my end. This update isn't for free, because our time playtesting and reporting the issues doesn't get paid. It's voluntary, and during holiday season as well. There won't be an update before xmas or even new year, but I'm fine with it. I just wanted to point out that people have a right to complain that a fine working 2.02 got screwed and for many holiday season is one of the few times to enjoy a huge game such as cyberpunk.
At least the PC folks can roll the patch back or mod out the issues, a console schmuck like myself just has to put up with it haha.

And yes this is in no way the developer's fault, 100% on CDPR management. Someone had to have been aware of the bugs or at least the lack of testing and gave the green light to a December patch date anyway.

At least the PC folks can roll the patch back or mod out the issues, a console schmuck like myself just has to put up with it haha.

And yes this is in no way the developer's fault, 100% on CDPR management. Someone had to have been aware of the bugs or at least the lack of testing and gave the green light to a December patch date anyway.
"ultimate" edition and holiday biz - management chose the corpo-lifepath once again.

name one company which is as bad as cdpr/cp77 in patching of console games - there is none. patches on console might bring 1-2 bugs but not that much like cp77 does patch for patch.
*Cough* Bethesda *Cough*

To be fair though, patches actually do have the tendency to break things, no matter what. Depends on the company, the engine, and maybe luck to what degree a patch may also break things as well as fixing issues.

I only started with 2.0, so I can't tell from my own experience, but I heard 1.63 was a pretty stable version, so they did fix stuff. And while 2.0 broke a few things, 2.01 and 2.02 followed pretty soon. One more reason why 2.1 was a major step back.

To be fair though, patches actually do have the tendency to break things, no matter what. Depends on the company, the engine, and maybe luck to what degree a patch may also break things as well as fixing issues.
never denied that - but in 20 years of gaming i have never encountered another console game patching in this dimension. im not talking about launches in that regard ubi and ea can keep up. but in patching/fixing? nope nowhere near.
Post automatically merged:

I only started with 2.0, so I can't tell from my own experience, but I heard 1.63 was a pretty stable version, so they did fix stuff. And while 2.0 broke a few things, 2.01 and 2.02 followed pretty soon. One more reason why 2.1 was a major step back.
yeah 1.63 was superior... i even kinda liked 2.0 in most (not all) regards but 2.1? its just sad : /

Sonic shock is bugged for me as well

The Finisher: Live Wire perk from the INT tree (melee finishers for the monowire) is bugged as well, it only performs one specific animation instead of all the different variants

The Finisher: Live Wire perk from the INT tree (melee finishers for the monowire) is bugged as well, it only performs one specific animation instead of all the different variants
This bug belongs to every finisher - no matter if mono, katana, baseball, knifes or other melee weapons

Top Bottom