Cyberpunk 2077 Process running after games closed.

+
So I have noticed and so have others Ive found on other reddit posts noticed that sometimes when Cyberpunk is closed down it keeps running and you can find the Cyberpunk process running still in your Task Manager. It has artificially inflated my hours played, and for example steam wont let you refund a game if you have too many hours played or whatever. I didnt realize the process was running and it has racked up over 100 hours played in no time at all while the game wasnt even open on my PC. (To my knowledge anyways) Please fix this. With all of the bugs and issues ive had with this game I feel like ive purchased an early access game. Come on CDPR get it together please.

Not only Steam but the GOG version too, I tested running the exe outside Galaxy and it does it too. the exe uses 3057.8MB RAM after you quit the game.
This also prevents GAlaxy from syncing your savegames.

So I have noticed and so have others Ive found on other reddit posts noticed that sometimes when Cyberpunk is closed down it keeps running and you can find the Cyberpunk process running still in your Task Manager. It has artificially inflated my hours played, and for example steam wont let you refund a game if you have too many hours played or whatever. I didnt realize the process was running and it has racked up over 100 hours played in no time at all while the game wasnt even open on my PC. (To my knowledge anyways) Please fix this. With all of the bugs and issues ive had with this game I feel like ive purchased an early access game. Come on CDPR get it together please.

Yea I've had this issue happen before as well on Steam. But I don't know how I fixed it or if it is ever fixed LOL. I just verified the integrity of the game files on Steam. Not sure what the root fix is.

Top Bottom