Cyberpunk Overdrive 4090 performance

+
Hi,

I saw that 4090 can't run Cyberpunk Overdrive at native 4K resolution. It runs at more than 90 FPS with DLSS 3.0 Performance enabled according to Digital Foundry. DLSS Performance is very bad looking and worse than native 1440p. How many FPS do you think it will get with DLSS 3.0 Quality or Balanced mode and Frame Generator on at 4K resolution ?

Hi,

I saw that 4090 can't run Cyberpunk Overdrive at native 4K resolution. It runs at more than 90 FPS with DLSS 3.0 Performance enabled according to Digital Foundry. DLSS Performance is very bad looking and worse than native 1440p. How many FPS do you think it will get with DLSS 3.0 Quality or Balanced mode and Frame Generator on at 4K resolution ?
Not enough.

DLSS Performance is very bad looking and worse than native 1440p.
Well, DLSS Performance by itself doesn't mean anything. It's just a ratio / % of pixels to be upscaled. On a 4K monitor, the frame buffer has 1920x1080 pixels to work with (more pixels == more data for the algorithm), so the upscaled result is better than what you have at 2K/1440p. I would never use anything less than Quality for a 2K monitor, but from what I've seen Performance looks great on a 4K monitor (IMHO).

Well, DLSS Performance by itself doesn't mean anything. It's just a ratio / % of pixels to be upscaled. On a 4K monitor, the frame buffer has 1920x1080 pixels to work with (more pixels == more data for the algorithm), so the upscaled result is better than what you have at 2K/1440p. I would never use anything less than Quality for a 2K monitor, but from what I've seen Performance looks great on a 4K monitor (IMHO).
Final result is better than native 1440p on a 4K monitor but worse than native 1440p on a 2K monitor.

Top Bottom