Do CDPR developers prefer mod-users NOT to send their Crash Reporter?

+
Greetings, @Alicja. @Dominika

Today I saw this mod below with this text, "On a modded game, I do not want to send any crash reports to CDPR, as they are probably useless to them anyway."

I've actually always wondered, since everyone says that, "But are they?" After all, you guys offer modding support.

So, should mod-users refrain from sending their Crash Reporter? If you say yes, then I'll take on this mod, and from here on out, recommend other mod-users to never send theirs, which I have to admit always especially encouraged to send. Will you please clarify?

##############################################################################################

Pozdrawiam @Alicja. @Dominika

Dzisiaj widziałem ten mod poniżej z takim tekstem: „W zmodowanej grze nie chcę wysyłać żadnych raportów o awariach do CDPR, ponieważ prawdopodobnie i tak są dla nich bezużyteczne”.

Właściwie zawsze się zastanawiałem, skoro wszyscy tak mówią: „Ale czy oni?” W końcu oferujecie wsparcie w zakresie modowania.

Czy zatem użytkownicy modów powinni powstrzymać się od wysyłania swojego narzędzia Crash Reporter? Jeśli się zgodzisz, zajmę się tym modem i od tego momentu będę polecał innym użytkownikom modów, aby nigdy nie wysyłali swoich, do czego, muszę przyznać, zawsze szczególnie zachęcam. Czy możesz wyjaśnić?

Since mods can be the entire reason you're experiencing problems, then yeah, I imagine it's not too helpful to CDPR.

If we want to help them fix bugs then it's gonna make their lives way easier if the crash reports and save files they're analysing are from playthroughs that have never been affected by a mod.

If I see any bugs in a modded game that I want to report, I now make it a point to do a clean install, so that I can start a completely new game from scratch and basically speed-run my way through to reproduce those bugs. Incidentally, ever since I took that approach, almost every bug I've reported has been fixed I think.

Since mods can be the entire reason you're experiencing problems, then yeah, I imagine it's not too helpful to CDPR.
Yeah same here, only send crash reports if it's un modded
You two are right ofcourse, but how do you figure that, for instance, Cyber Engine Tweaks, THE dependency mod for many mods, initially crashed the game to desktop when left in the game after a patch, but somewhere around 1.2 I believe, it simply stopped working while the game played on?

I'm guessing CDPR fortified the game so that CET was no longer able to crash it. To fix a crash, you need to know what's causing it. For that you need feedback. That feedback coming from players using mods.

Another question. How do you think a link can be made between CET's Border Teleport Cancel selected, and the game freezing in Act 1 when Jackie's in front of Afterlife, going into Afterlife, going into the Delamain cab with Jackie, and with Panam in the Basilisk when she drives it away from camp?

Ask any modder on Nexus, on Discord at the time of 1.5 about the current modding tools they had at their disposal. They'll all tell you the same. Based on that, with all due respect for the modder of CET, I deem that impossible. Such a link can only be made by the host. And even the host cannot find such a link without mod-user feedback.

As a company stand point, yes, it's common sense that CDPR would only accepted reports from un-modded versions.

But from a moral or communiry stand point, they should accept crash logs from modded versions. CDPR allows mods to begin with and they even released tools.

Imagine if the technical support do still accept crash reports from modded versions and can exactly solve the issue for the mod and even might contact the modder with the fix.

This way you have a way better engaging community.

I'm even down to pay a little contribution for this......

I would also like to see a better relationship between modders and CDPR. They can learn so much from eachother, for the sake of the community.

And maybe CDPR could come with a "community package DLC" filled with optimized famous mods.

Last edited:
Top Bottom