• Noctua NH-D15S 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler
  • Asus CROSSHAIR VI HERO ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance LED 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory
  • Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
  • Western Digital Caviar Black 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
  • Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8 GB NITRO+ OC Video Card - GPU CARD 1
  • Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8 GB NITRO+ OC Video Card - GPU CARD 2
  • Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case

Is there anyway to get crossfire working in this game? Is it officially supported? Anyone got a profile for the AMD software to enable it?

Why is there no SLI Support?

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...ort-transitioning-to-native-game-integrations
To me this means that CD Project just didnt bother coding it in?

I don't really feel like upgrading from 2x1080TI's to be able to play the game at more than 50FPS on high....
Damn :(
Post automatically merged:

No SLI support =

1607598104255.png

Last edited:
Mate same drama here 2x RX480X 8gb MSI's on 3 screens
Now i can get it to launch playing around with settings but its crashes drivers if a try to get past character creation

On HD 8990 the game runs in ~14FPS with default crossfire profile. 1080p @ low settings. AA is tanking the performance hard.

I don't think this game is well optimised, I am running Microsoft Flight Simulator and Watchdogs 3 on one RX 480 absolutely fine. Hopefully this thread keeps going and we can work out together / get somewhere with cross fire. People keep saying cross fire is dead, but theres still a lot of people who use it. Hopefully the devs see this and code it into the game.

They started development 6 years ago, when SLI was more popular. Yet they didn't develop for it.

Rather than support their PC fans who helped them get to this point, they would rather cater to multi platform release first.

Add SLI support please.

They started development 6 years ago, when SLI was more popular. Yet they didn't develop for it.

Rather than support their PC fans who helped them get to this point, they would rather cater to multi platform release first.

Add SLI support please.
This is a good point.

Haven't you realized that SLI is dead? Even the experts on tech says the same thing. I get it's a niche market, but honestly they probably never will add support unless SLI gets popular again. But I also doubt that too, because people just want one card, not 2 or 3.

I hope you get your support, but don't hold your breath.

Haven't you realized that SLI is dead? Even the experts on tech says the same thing. I get it's a niche market, but honestly they probably never will add support unless SLI gets popular again. But I also doubt that too, because people just want one card, not 2 or 3.

Hello, I was waiting for one of you to show up and say this, hopefully that is not repeated throughout this topic. Basically my main point here is there are still players who use more than one card so they should support it ideally. Just saying it is dead is not really helpful to my initial issue, because it is not technically dead if people are still using it.

There are cards that have 2xGPU on 1 PCB

Would be great if MultiGPU would be enabled for Cyberpunk 2077 there is still a big difference in my case on AMD Cards RX590 in other games.
Crossfire is still not dead.

Would be great if MultiGPU would be enabled for Cyberpunk 2077 there is still a big difference in my case on AMD Cards RX590 in other games.
Crossfire is still not dead.

And Red Engine 3 supported perfectly SLI or Crossfrair. Witcher 3 works perfect SLI.

Please add the support.

From what i understand, given that Cyberpunk is a DirectX12 native game, SLI is not enabled by default. But I do remember gameplay demoing in previous years being done on SLI beastly configurations, so it must be a code away. Would it not be an issue to enable SLI for all of us that have invested in dual (and more) GPU systems?

Hi

Any news if they are gonna support SLI for Cyberpunk 2077? It works on Witcher very well and it would allow me to buy this game and play on my Geforse GT 650 SLI on better than minimum requirements as second graphic card is not in use.
Thank you

Sorry to break it to you guys - but SLI / Crossfire has been dead for a looong long while now. As far as I know there is no support for the 1% feature audience planned, there might be AFR to just try. Try the NVIDIA Inspector and force AFR or any other mode and see if that works. Doubt it tho.

Stay safe and merry christmas y'all =)

Edit: Also AFAIK this incarnation of the RED Engine works vastly different. SLI itself, as a "technology" is 100% EoL and was kinda suceeded with mGPU built into DX12. If CP2077 can use mGPU - we don't know. As this would require deep understanding of how this engine renders. So yeah, maaaaybe some mad lad can force it to use some vastly inefficient AFR method... but ya. Wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Sorry to break it to you guys - but SLI / Crossfire has been dead for a looong long while now. As far as I know there is no support for the 1% feature audience planned, there might be AFR to just try. Try the NVIDIA Inspector and force AFR or any other mode and see if that works. Doubt it tho.

Stay safe and merry christmas y'all =)

Edit: Also AFAIK this incarnation of the RED Engine works vastly different. SLI itself, as a "technology" is 100% EoL and was kinda suceeded with mGPU built into DX12. If CP2077 can use mGPU - we don't know. As this would require deep understanding of how this engine renders. So yeah, maaaaybe some mad lad can force it to use some vastly inefficient AFR method... but ya. Wouldn't hold my breath for it.

The only thing long dead is developers imaginations that some of us run Crossfire or sli, its not dead and its more common than you think, just cause the industry claim its dead doesn't mean its dead, just that they don't want to cover it or do the extra hard yards

Just look for the Logo's Crossfire Supported or SLi Supported. If its not there on the Box, on the System Supported Specs, its not available for that game.
Crosssfire/SLi has been more of a developmental gimmick. While SOME developers still dabble in the feature, it involves a heavy amount of coding to support it which MANY developers dont care to do especially considered how large of GPU's and VRAM on individual cards has become. There is practically no reason as the benefit if any is very minor.
There is also issues involved in keeping Crossfire/SLi support throughout a games life as it can easily be broken by a Driver Update or even a games patch.

Its considered dead among the big name AAA Developers that update their games constantly, but still in use with games that have fewer to no updates.

That's the spirit =)

No, just because some company announces stuff does not make something invalid or less worthy of your time & money - that's true, obviously. However, NVIDIA annoucing the end of SLI does make it "end of life", technically. But I hear you, that's hair-splitting - granted. But @Sparks090 - I think you misunderstood what I was saying:

SLI or Crossfire is - and never was - truly mainstream. It's a nice way to utilize more than one GPU - in the new times, meaning DX12 and Vulkan, there are better and more efficient ways to do this -> mGPU. But in order to make use of it - game devs need to implement this feature set fully into their engine. This means, from what I gathered, their entire pipeline (or certain integral parts of it) need to be aware that this is a viable option and therefor need to be designed to function with it accordingly. In other words: Your engine will need to be able to split workload FAST and EFFICIENTLY to benefit from this at all.

Now - nobody (apparently) does that. Why? Well - PC ain't the focus of big titles. Period.
This has somewhat changed during the current console craze, but the fact remains: Large projects will focus on their slowest denominator - any cross gen title will either suffer or degrade the technical experience overall - can't have it both ways. So yeah - if you (meaning whoever reads this =) get enjoyment and more graphics powwa out of it - gr8 for you. But anyone not locked into maintaining two gpus - should totally buy a single card and reap all the benefits of this. Will this change - especially with some exciting multi die GPUs from AMD mayyybe later? Dunno. We'll have to see and wait.

Top Bottom