Dying Light

+
Dying Light

I have been playing this game for the last 7 days or so, it is pretty awesome,and if I would have to grade it so far it's an 8/10 for me.It' is an open world zombie parkour game made by Polish developers Techland of Call of Juarez series and Dead island.
The game has a three major selling points:
1)Parkour - it works like the one seen in Mirror's Edge and as you progress and unlock abilities related to it becomes more fluid and fun to use.
2)Nightime gameplay - during the evening this game becomes this intense and exhilarating thing that you can rarely experience in games these days..seriously it's really something else.
3)Soundtrack - the game's music was made by Pawel Blaszczak who worked on the Witcher series as one of the composers.This man did a fantastic job making something that mostly reminded me of John Carpenter's 80's synth music and you can listen to it here.
The combat is pretty similar to the one in Dead Island and also becomes pretty good while you unlock abilities connected to it.
Now,this certainly isn't a perfect game and it heavily borrows from games such as Far Cry series,Mirror's Edge,Fallout 3/New Vegas and others.... but at the same time it feels quite unique especially when you are chased by zombies during the night on rooftops while desperately trying to reach that safe house.

Last edited:
I like how it keeps tossing in extra goodies.

You can mod your weapons!

And upgrade them!

And increase your weapon skills!

Or, you can focus on Escape and Evasion, mostly operating at night in stealth mode and have a very different game where using your weapons usually means your death.

I really enjoy the precision of the jump/leap/grab mechanisms. Every game should make moving at high speed this intuitive and exciting. Seeing this in CP2077 with Cyberwear would make me quite happy.

I enjoy the ruthless cynicism of the story, where so far the only only good guys are on a steady ride to being boned by everyone else. You being an agent doing counter-good-guy things is also a nice twist.

Overall, quite liking it.

Sounds interesting

Is it hard?

No difficulty setting.

I've died a few times.

Don't mess with Volatiles.

When you die, you lose XP, so avoid that.

If you are trying for a no-death Ironman playthrough, like a badass, yeah, it's very hard.

If you're trying to die only when you screw up as opposed to the game having it's way with you, it's mildly hard.

If you don't care how often you die and gauge difficulty in how tough the bosses are, it's easy.

Sounds interesting

Is it hard?

It can be at times especially at the beginning when you are still really vulnerable and don't have a lot of skills unlocked.Just don't underestimate the biters because while being slow these fuckers when in groups can make your life a living hell.Anyways,I also like the progression in this game because you basically have these 3 skill trees:Agility,Survivor and Power and you need to use all of your abilities related to each of them to gain experience and get skill points.All in all this game really surprised me just how fun it is and you can really see just how much love and effort was poured into it .I SERIOUSLY can't recommend it highly enough.
It really saddens me that the WB fucked up with the review copies by not giving them in time and basically every major gaming outlet is taking it out on this game by giving it poor reviews because of that.
Almost forgot...can't wait to get that grappling hook and looking forward to visiting the Old Town :) .

Last edited:
Top Bottom