-fixed- Lowering graphics/display settings does basically nothing to increase FPS

+
ryzen 5 3600 , gtx1060 6gb, 16gb ram, game installed on m.2 ssd

standing around in the city, (low population density)

at 1080p highest graphics: ~30fps (GPU ~99% utilization)
at 1080p lowest graphics : ~49fps (GPU ~90% utilization, no CPU cores capping)
at 1080p lowest graphics + 50% resolution scaling : ~49fps
at 720p lowest graphics : ~49fps
at 720p lowest graphics + 50% resolution scaling : ~49fps ( GPU ~35% utilization, no CPU cores capping)

changing fullscreen/borderless/windows does nothing
changing vsync on/off does nothing

even the title screen and menus are capped at ~55fps for some reason

checked nvidia control panel settings for any framerate cap settings, its all off, and monitor is running at max hz (144)
even changed to a 60hz display, same results

EDIT
fixed the issue of the weird fps cap by installing the october windows update. i went from version 1909 to 20H2. had to manually download the update as windows update didnt seem to notice for some reason. also enabled 'Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling' in windows settings.
general performance issues still persist but i guess this is the limit of a gtx1060.

Last edited:
I have similar issue with i7 i7-6700k, rtx2070, 16gb, running on m.2ssd.

MSI Afterburner shows 5 to 10 FPS and less than 8% GPU utilization and high CPU in all cores but in my case even the lowest of graphic options will not show any improvement.

I even wipe nvidia drivers(safe mode) twice and no issue, i move the installation file to a normal SSD still same. Allocating high GPU resources to the game .EXE did not do anything.

I have similar issue with i7 i7-6700k, rtx2070, 16gb, running on m.2ssd.

MSI Afterburner shows 5 to 10 FPS and less than 8% GPU utilization and high CPU in all cores but in my case even the lowest of graphic options will not show any improvement.

I even wipe nvidia drivers(safe mode) twice and no issue, i move the installation file to a normal SSD still same. Allocating high GPU resources to the game .EXE did not do anything.

which version of windows 10 are you on?

i was on Version 1909, but i manually installed the october windows update to Version 20H2 after making the forum post. i gained an almost ~+10fps from it. graphics settings such as resolution scaling is actually making a difference now. also the menus/title screens are running at full speed too, at 300+fps.

Hi after applying this Windows patch that was missing it seems like the issue was fixed. Thanks for the tip. For some reason Windows did not show this patch in the list after a couple of refresh in the tool but now is in my system and now the game FPS it solid.

Thanks for the value information.

I algo update some other forums and gog support on the same so people is aware of this.

Top Bottom