Game only freezes when approaching Dogtown (Dog Eat Dog quest) from the north (South of Night City).

+
UPDATE to original post below:
I managed to install another older GPU I have, AMD RX580 8GB and problem persists with no change in the way the game freezes. I also found in one of the report.txt crash log that I am getting this error:
Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason
Sig[1].Value=Assert
Sig[2].Name=InternalVersion
Sig[2].Value=3.0.4912681 P4CL: 6422997 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release

The crash logs have a lot more than this but I quickly noticed the word error so I pasted the few lines in that part of the file here.
My game crashes the exact same way in the same exact places in Night City. Like I said I went through all steps I mention below and now I tried another GPU that is totally different and same thing happens. I also have a GTX 1070 in another computer which I will not bother taking out and testing here as I see it will not fix my problem. I didn't mention it below but my computer is rock solid in everything else including having tons of browser tabs open and my other game is Microsoft Flight Simulator and nothing crashes except Cyberpunk. I have never seen a blue screen in windows on this computer either. I'm starting to think my save file has something in there that the game don't like but then why it worked 100% stable prior to 2.0? I am clueless at this point. Please read below. Thanks!
Original Post:
Hello. I have crashes whenever I get near Dogtown. Like within 250 meters. I cannot figure this out. I cannot start the Dogtown Dog eat Dog misson because game freezes near it. I already installed the game from scratch and no mods. Game plays absolutely stable everywhere else on the entire map of the game. My PC is more than capable. Windows 10, AMD 5900X, 64GB ram 2TB NVME SSD, RTX 3080TI, and I am using my old TV as a 1920x1080 60FPS monitor. I have all graphics settings maxed except all RTX features are off. Like I said the game freezes only near the Dogtown gate entrance. When it freezes the video stops but audio is still heard for about a minute and then the Cyberpunk flatlined popup shows. If anyone has any idea then quote reply to this post. Thanks. Oh and I messaged CDPR Support shortly after Phantom Liberty got installed on my PC and I started noticing these Dogtown crashes. No reply! They have a support page but no support!

"from scratch", you mean like that :
Beside, by "no mods", you also mean that you never used mods on this save?
Yes I followed CDPR instructions and reloaded windows and new drivers. I have used mods. on and off. I can play the game with no mods anywhere in night city, save, come back to same location and the game freezes. This happens with or without mods.
Post automatically merged:

Try starting new game directly with PL and see what happens.
I am afraid to lose my progress so far thats why I did not want to try that. When I start a new game will I be able to load up my previous game state from my original playthrough?

Yes I followed CDPR instructions and reloaded windows and new drivers. I have used mods. on and off. I can play the game with no mods anywhere in night city, save, come back to same location and the game freezes. This happens with or without mods.
Ok, so you used mods on this save/playthrough?
(Mod datas can remain in save files, so removing mods or even performing a clean-install doesn't mean that you wiped out all mod data and likely issues)
If yes, (that's annoying I know), but the best way to try, it would be to start a new playthrough (fresh install/no mod) and go where the game normally crash (near dogtown). If the game doesn't crash, you get your answer. If it still crash, well... you're sure mods are not involved.
Post automatically merged:

If you worried about your save files, make a backup somewhere else on your PC ;)
You can find them here > %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

I also would like to add that my (female V) player weight without anything in backpack and nothing worn on the body is 506. 2.0 did this. 2.0 did a lot of bad things I noticed. My only 4 wardrobe sections now improve player in various parts of the game: head, face, inner torso and outer torso. Shoes and legs no longer have any items that offer some kind of perk like armor or or hacking resistance for example. This new Tier system screwed up a lot of the player abilities in weapons, cyberware and clothes. Because I have been playing the game for over a year on the same play through, I had lots of Legendary clothes and weapons. 2.0 killed all that where those Legendary items in my stash now have very little additional effect compared to prior 2.0 game versions. Am I able to downgrade to 1.63 and still play PL? If I can I will do that but I don't want to mess up the game. I will even go back to my last 1.63 save and restart PL from there and see if these crashes will happen.

Well, before I start a new game I will give CDPR some time to respond to my ticket. This may never happen and I kind of expect it knowing their track record with this game's development progress. If they created the game the right way from the beginning we would not have as many problems now. Who knows if these problems are because of earlier releases of the game and the save files are littered with crap. Mods have their own settings files so I don't think it's that. I been playing this character since 1.5 and I will play a bit more until I get bored I will stay away from Dogtown area for now. Who knows maybe this problem will fix itself with future revisions. Anyway thank you both for your responses. If I have a fix I will make sure to post an update.

^^ ticket will take a lot of time.
I posted a radio bug before 2.01
2.01 dropped and fixed it.
They mailed me yesterday to remove mods and check.
I had to reply them that it was fixed and mentioned in patch notes

^^ ticket will take a lot of time.
I posted a radio bug before 2.01
2.01 dropped and fixed it.
They mailed me yesterday to remove mods and check.
I had to reply them that it was fixed and mentioned in patch notes
I already removed mods and it made no difference. I will wait to see what they say but I'm thinking they will not do a whole lot of research and just give me a generic answer like you got.

I am happy to say that after 3 months (since 2.0 was released) CDPR fixed the game and It no longer freezes for me near Dogtown. I don't have to avoid that area anymore! Very sloppy work they do I must say. Maybe Phantom Liberty part of the game is finally ready for an official release? I am disappointed in CDPR that they do not have the support capacity of other large companies and of my 2 support tickets only one was ever replied to and only suggesting general troubleshooting tips I can find on their website myself. Maybe the hundreds of crash reports I have submitted actually got to them? Maybe it's just luck. I don't know. CDPR is sloppy and that is all I can say right now.

Top Bottom