Gorilla arms question

+
I got my gorilla arms (rare). They have one mod slot. I also have a battery (rin3U), but it doesn't show as an option to install on the arms when I open cyberware, only an electric hands option. Does this have to do with the rarity of the battery (leg), or the rare arms can't receive batteries?
Edit: I got a rare battery, and it still can't be applied to the arms.

Last edited:
Yep, I think on rare one, you can only change the type of damages. :)
Epic you can add a mod. I don't remember which type "booster" or "battery" (I think it's "booster" mod. Health, armor, crit bonus,...)
Legendary, you can add both mods.

In short :
First slot > damage type
Second slot > booster
Third slot > battery
-------
Rare - One slot > First slot
Epic - Two slot > First and Second slot
Legendary - Three slot > All three slots.

Jep1st

Forum regular
I'm not sure if this is accurate with game version 1.6 but according to Wiki it used to be:

Rare: Street Cred: 20
Epic: Street Cred: 25
Legendary: Street Cred 45

Can be bought from various Ripper docs in the Night City.
This is also why I personally always skip the rare version of any arm mod because the difference between rare and epic is only 5 levels of SC so it feels like a waste of money to buy the rare ones first.
Sure you can't get epics in Act 1 but then again, you don't really need it anyways.

With the arms the first one before "the heist", which is the "twins" is over in two or three hits.

I'm not sure if you can uninstall the arms. I'll try.

Edit: I can't uninstall them.

Can you win in boxing using gorilla arms?
Thing is I don’t want arms looking well, odd.
I would say that it's almost impossible to win the harder fights without gorilla arms. At least I'm having hard times with couple of those fights even with them. But you can always just buy the arms, then do all the boxing and then change them to something else if you don't like using GAs outside of those boxing fights.

However I have a theory that I can go and buy Mantis Blades and Gorilla arms gone, I think😂 I’m a NetRun built but it’s fun truly experimenting.
That exactly what I generally do :)
I wait until the very end of the game, buy legendary gorilla arms (to have the best stats possible), complete all the fights in a row, then switch with Projectile Launcher which look the most as natural arms in my opinion.

I would say that it's almost impossible to win the harder fights without gorilla arms. At least I'm having hard times with couple of those fights even with them. But you can always just buy the arms, then do all the boxing and then change them to something else if you don't like using GAs outside of those boxing fights.
Last two take quite a bit of patience, or at least used to. I'm not up to date with what has happened since 1.5 also I have only played on normal difficulty.

Anyway, those who want to keep their biological hands. high Body and high Dexterity. Body so you can take a hit and recover, Reflexes keep you out of incoming attacks.

While melee ignores armor, clothes with mod slots can be very useful. Mods for faster movement (leg work is important), damage mitigation, prevent bleeding, for better crit change and damage and reducing stamina costs for melee attacks. I don't recall what cyberware I used exactly but worth a look.

Top Bottom