How do you make frustrating Arasaka random ambushes stop?

+
Hi everyone. Merry Christmas.

Someone please tell me there's a way to make the random Arasaka ambushes stop. I understand it from a story perspective but its got to the point I can't drive anywhere in the city anymore, not without getting killed three or four times until by luck I manage to get away. They're way OP. They all have red skulls over their heads. This last time I ran away up several flights of stairs thinking I'd loose them on foot, but I turned around and one had chased me and was right on top of me. Two hits with her katana and down I go.

This is really frustrating. What the heck are you supposed to do?

Unfortunately not much you can do other than waiting for a patch… some people are flooded by gang atks some don’t get any encounter at all… this new „feature“ from 2.1 just seems poorly implemented : /

Rumors tell that they stop after a set amount of encounter but not sure if that’s true…

Is this a plot thing? I haven't reached a stage where it might be but I know I experienced something similar with Tygers on a mission where I was traced whilst underground on a Gig (upload b@d's malware). I thought I'd taken them all out and didn't even notice that I remained in combat and on getting out of the elevator, was mobbed by half a dozen Tygers.

Generally (and it doesn't always seem to work this way) ambushes are tied to specific gigs or main/side missions and depend how you did them. Silent/Non-lethal may get no ambush. Messy violent... yeah. That b@d's malware gig seemed to be an exception. I did that one literally without touching anyone or being detected and I still got ambushed on leaving. So there are some kinks in the system.

I think people experiencing frequent ambushes are playing pre-2.1 savegames and are getting a whole line of ambushes queued up from previous gigs. If you play a new game in 2.1, these are way more spread out. Sometimes you'll even get a text from the fixer telling you someone has put out a hit on you. And then you get attacked a minute later.

I do remember a couple Arasaka ambushes where they were carrying "Lie in Wait" notes and mentioning some NPC I'd never met. Not sure what those were about. I think I ended up killing that NPC in one of the ambushes and then they stopped.

Kill them. Just... kill them. These attacks are caused by quest events, probably depends on how you solve certain quests.
Depending on how you did it, you get one, maybe two attacks. You kill the attacker and thats it. You run away and they try again.

Spoilers ahead!

Arasaka attacks are somehoiw related to the abduction of Hanako in Play it Safe. How do I know this? Because they carry a note saying so. Not sure if there is a way to not cause these attacks after finishing the quest. Maybe if you dont rescue Tokamura? Anyone did this lately?
VDB attacks are caused by killing Brigit and Placid in Transmission. Again they carry a note explaining that. So I'd guess if you spare them they wont attack you.
Maelstrom attacks are cause by attacking Maelstrom during the Pickup. In this case I'm sure you can avoid the attacks by not picking a fight with them, because I did this in my current playthrough (I just gave them the Militech eddies, we shook hands and parted as friends) and I was never bothered by Maelstrom.

Tyger Claws? Hmm, dunno really. They are the ones with the 'Lie in wait' note. But this note references somone named 'Nitta', and I have no idea who that might be. Maybe it is related to the Maiko/Clouds thing.

Last edited:
Never accounted them. Did encounter some Tygers after the B@D gig, and more importantly after cleaning out the Allfoods I died four times because the three cars filled with Maelstrom gang members hyped up on drugs and revenge owned my ass.

Oh and apparently some people got pissy because I diced a bunch of Netwatch agents so got in an ambush by mercs hired by Netwatch at one point.

Anyway, the idea is that all of these things are tied to specific quests. (Unfortunately) It seems the game doesn't have a karma or reputation system, so the game won't throw random gangs at you for no reason.

I'm not yet so far in "vanilla" story line but guess I may progress it a bit before finish PL part ... looking forward to Arasaka ninjas anihilation ;). Since I tend to go for violent solutions (with very few exceptions), I guess will experience those ambushes rathar sooner as later.

for OP: staying in open space and waiting for all ambushers at once is not a good way how to dealt with them. Little run, taking one by one worked well in my case to other upset gang members :). I used roofs, cloak and mostly ranged attacks over obstacles till advanced in skills enough to go more in close combat action (alternative is using sandevistan or berserk ... with the latter I previously anihilated MaxTac easily).

Last edited:

Kill them. Just... kill them. These attacks are caused by quest events, probably depends on how you solve certain quests.
Depending on how you did it, you get one, maybe two attacks. You kill the attacker and thats it. You run away and they try again.

Spoilers ahead!

Arasaka attacks are somehoiw related to the abduction of Hanako in Play it Safe. How do I know this? Because they carry a note saying so. Not sure if there is a way to not cause these attacks after finishing the quest. Maybe if you dont rescue Tokamura? Anyone did this lately?
VDB attacks are caused by killing Brigit and Placid in Transmission. Again they carry a note explaining that. So I'd guess if you spare them they wont attack you.
Maelstrom attacks are cause by attacking Maelstrom during the Pickup. In this case I'm sure you can avoid the attacks by not picking a fight with them, because I did this in my current playthrough (I just gave them the Militech eddies, we shook hands and parted as friends) and I was never bothered by Maelstrom.

Tyger Claws? Hmm, dunno really. They are the ones with the 'Lie in wait' note. But this note references somone named 'Nitta', and I have no idea who that might be. Maybe it is related to the Maiko/Clouds thing.
Yeah I know why they're coming after me, and I did manage to wipe out a couple of squads but that hasn't stopped them. It may have made them less frequently though, as it doesn't seem to happen that much.
Post automatically merged:

Never accounted them. Did encounter some Tygers after the B@D gig, and more importantly after cleaning out the Allfoods I died four times because the three cars filled with Maelstrom gang members hyped up on drugs and revenge owned my ass.

Oh and apparently some people got pissy because I diced a bunch of Netwatch agents so got in an ambush by mercs hired by Netwatch at one point.

Anyway, the idea is that all of these things are tied to specific quests. (Unfortunately) It seems the game doesn't have a karma or reputation system, so the game won't throw random gangs at you for no reason.
I got a couple of attacks from gangs after certain missions but they stopped, probably since I left their territory. Arasaka are just relentless.
Post automatically merged:

I'm not yet so far in "vanilla" story line but guess I may progress it a bit before finish PL part ... looking forward to Arasaka ninjas anihilation ;). Since I tend to go for violent solutions (with very few exceptions), I guess will experience those ambushes rathar sooner as later.

for OP: staying in open space and waiting for all ambushers at once is not a good way how to dealt with them. Little run, taking one by one worked well in my case to other upset gang members :). I used roofs, cloak and mostly ranged attacks over obstacles till advanced in skills enough to go more in close combat action (alternative is using sandevistan or berserk ... with the latter I previously anihilated MaxTac easily).
That's really good advice and how I adapted to handling them. Ass soon as I hop on my bike and the map starts flashing I just stop, hop off and delta down an alley, or up some stairs or up on a roof or something and just crouch down somewhere until they give up.

I tried outrunning them at first but their cars are like ridiculously fast.

It just stopped for me all of a sudden, now no one in NC cares about my crimes
yeah you seem to encountered all of the scripted decision atks... personally i thought it wont stop at all, i expected that you would be atked time by time at the endgame without a fix set amount of encounter... it feels a bit weird that at first every gang is on V and than out of sudden noone cares anymore at all...

Top Bottom