Is this game completely unbeatable now?

+
Minor spoilers ahead maybe, but here goes:

I've beaten the game once and I decided to come back to it after the next-gen patch and this path tracing patch to clean up achievements. The only ones I'm really missing are different endings. So I've been trying to reload the save to meet with Hanako at Embers and do all the endings from there. HOWEVER...

I decided to accept Hanako's offer and got to the mission "Totalimmortal". In this mission there's a bit where you go down an elevator to an area called "Arasaka Jungle" or something, however as soon as the elevator door opens and you walk out the game crashes immediately to desktop. I reloaded this three times and it crashes in the exact same spot each time. I even tried quicksaving in the elevator and I can't load that quicksave, it loads about two thirds and then crashes to desktop. So I figured I'd send a bug report about it and give up for now and try a different ending.

The next time I chose to go with Panam. There's a bit where you stand on the back of a pick up and make a speech, during this moment the game crashed to desktop again. Reloaded, again. A third time... again...

I don't even know if the other paths work at this point. When I originally beat the game the first time I decided to take Johnny's plan. I haven't tried doing that in patch 1.62 yet, but as of right now it seems like you can't even beat the game anymore.

Is anyone else having issues like this? I don't have any mods installed, I've tried verifying the files several times, I've reinstalled my GPU drivers and do have the latest version, I've messed with different graphics presets - I'm out of ideas.

It's funny because I do like this game, I think it's great. But the more you play it the more frustrating it becomes... It's so hard to maintain a stable framerate, the game apparently loves to crash, there's still loads of graphical bugs and glitches from ads flickering if you move your camera too fast, textures flashing, weird black triangle shadows appearing, FOV getting stuck after cutscenes, people walking through solid things like cars... so many different issues really take you out of this awesome world and it really sucks...

EDIT: Forgot to mention I am playing the Steam version, Windows 10, RTX 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM, i9 9900K, SSD

EDIT2: A hotfix was added that has fixed the crashing for me. Very appreciative.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having issues like this? I don't have any mods installed, I've tried verifying the files several times, I've reinstalled my GPU drivers and do have the latest version, I've messed with different graphics presets - I'm out of ideas.
It's a known issue. Devs are aware of it and working on a fix.

We all are. Someone else showed that a bit of lighting called “catchlights” apparently is basically gone or wholly subdued which makes the NPC faces look worse during prominent story scenes. More bugs were added during this recent “patch” than were fixed.

We all are. Someone else showed that a bit of lighting called “catchlights” apparently is basically gone or wholly subdued which makes the NPC faces look worse during prominent story scenes. More bugs were added during this recent “patch” than were fixed.
I'm not sure about that, but the crashing issue has been fixed for me with this recent hotfix.

Top Bottom