outdated mod please delete

+
the info provided in this thread is outdated, moderator please delete thread. Thanks!

Last edited:
I guess, you used DDU to rollback your drivers in previous version and so, also to install again the last version. So your drivers should be clean and shouldn't cause the crashes.
The same for the game installation. Just to be sure > game clean-install

Did you try on a new game?
- Start a new playthrough, selecting to start Phantom Liberty, to have access to the area right away.

I guess, you used DDU to rollback your drivers in previous version and so, also to install again the last version. So your drivers should be clean and shouldn't cause the crashes.
The same for the game installation. Just to be sure > game clean-install

Did you try on a new game?
- Start a new playthrough, selecting to start Phantom Liberty, to have access to the area right away.
yeah I used DDU to remove the drivers and restart, then found older versions and tried them, no luck. Drivers was the only thing I changed on my PC so I thought that could have been a cause.

Yup, I followed the CDPR guideline to completely reisntall the game, removed every CDPR files inside appdata, including user settings, as well as all save files too just to be sure.

I started a new PL start save file to test as well, crashes just like my previous saves. Even other people's saves I downloaded crash too, but interestingly, not on any first attempt, only after I use these saves for a bit. It's as if my system is infecting these saves lol.

yeah I used DDU to remove the drivers and restart, then found older versions and tried them, no luck. Drivers was the only thing I changed on my PC so I thought that could have been a cause.

Yup, I followed the CDPR guideline to completely reisntall the game, removed every CDPR files inside appdata, including user settings, as well as all save files too just to be sure.

I started a new PL start save file to test as well, crashes just like my previous saves. Even other people's saves I downloaded crash too, but interestingly, not on any first attempt, only after I use these saves for a bit. It's as if my system is infecting these saves lol.
Strange, even more if it's only in this area and only with RT enabled :(
If you didn't, you should directly contact the support for help > "contact us" button.

Might be CPU related, did you try prioritize P-Core if intel ?
I don't have any crash with RTX 4070 (undervolted) + 12700k with path tracing.

Strange, even more if it's only in this area and only with RT enabled :(
If you didn't, you should directly contact the support for help > "contact us" button.
I know, whole situation is quite weird. But after playing some more, it seems it's not limited to Japantown. Just got 2 CTDs in other districts too (Santo Domingo). But that area in Japantown is the most consistent and guaranteed to crash for me.
I have sent them a report, thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Might be CPU related, did you try prioritize P-Core if intel ?
I don't have any crash with RTX 4070 (undervolted) + 12700k with path tracing.
yeah this crashing is new for me too. Never had them in 1.63 or 2.00 with the exact same PC.
I do have intel CPU (i5-13600K). Never noticed this prioritize P-core setting before, must be new. I will try it out, thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:
I get this too sometimes, when driving very, very fast in that area. I think it may just be an issue with the amount of assets being streamed at speed. It doesn't happen every time I'm there, though.

I get this too sometimes, when driving very, very fast in that area. I think it may just be an issue with the amount of assets being streamed at speed. It doesn't happen every time I'm there, though.
I played this game with RT on for 100 hours and later PT another 200 hours, never had these crashes. They only seem to have appeared after patch 2.10.
I just got a crash in Santo Domingo while driving there. It was pretty barren, under the highway, without all the shiny and reflections from Japantown. So apparently it's not limited to that area though that part was the most consistent for me.

Top Bottom