Overwatch

+
Overwatch

What do people think of Blizzard's newest IP? Total Biscuit & gang gave quite an endorsement on the latest episode of the podcast. Say it's TF2 meets Doom.

21 characters, 4 roles, 6v6 matches, 2 game modes.
Game costs $40 (not F2P), sells cosmetic DLC, and will release on PC & consoles in Q1/Q2 2016.

Last edited:
I can't help but be annoyed by two things about this game now that I've seen it progress: how it systematically steals from the latest FPS games of the past few years - I don't mean inspired by, it straight up steals, and how saccharine and cutesy the characters are. But I have no doubt Blizzard will refine the gameplay better than most devs.

I can't help but be annoyed by two things about this game now that I've seen it progress: how it systematically steals from the latest FPS games of the past few years - I don't mean inspired by, it straight up steals, and how saccharine and cutesy the characters are. But I have no doubt Blizzard will refine the gameplay better than most devs.

This is what Blizzard has always done, starting with Warcraft 2 which was basically Dune 2 + Warhammer. They must be doing something right since so many people (such as myself) are quite obsessed with their games.

This reminds me of one of my favorite game (Super MNC). I am very curious about this one although I don't like first person views very much.
Still... I am looking forward to seeing the reviews.

"Saccharine and cutesy" pretty much characterizes the aesthetic of every game that Blizzard has ever released, with the exception of the first two Diablo games, which were made by the now defunct Blizzard North.

Stealing ideas is pretty common in this industry. Ultima Online took from Meridian 59 and other MUDs, Everquest took from Ultimate Online, and WoW took from Everquest.

I'll probably pass on this title, but I'm sure it will be successful. Has Blizzard ever released a dud?

Over-what ?
Post automatically merged:

Nah honestly (and I'm only replying to this thread because I got bored and it's on the hot list) :

I've played this game when it came out, played a few hours, it was fun but that's all. I can add one comment about their "lore" : they don't seem to use it, or it seems they kinda tryna make some kind of story around the characters, but it's just here for making views and buzz, so that's sad.

Last edited:
Denis009: Necromancer lvl 9999
Resurect Mastery: 100%
Summon: Zombie Winston

"OW and OW lore sold separately. Contact our OW2 sales support for more information" Blizz. :beer:

it was, and still maybe to some extent still is, one of my all time favorite games. it pretty much renewed my interest in taking games seriously and actually putting effort into it (i played WoW before then, but i usually just sat around and socialized/did battlegrounds. hardly got anywhere fast)

Top Bottom