Severe performance degradation after 2.1 on some systems?

+
Hey everyone,

Just starting a thread to see if people are suffering from the same performance loss in 2.1 as I am.
Pre 2.1, I would be able to get 100+ FPS stable on the Ultra preset without DLSS & DLSS Frame Generation at 1080p.
I am now getting a horrible, unstable 45-70 FPS no matter what presets or settings I pick.
Enabling DLSS Frame Generation is the only thing that "fixes" this, but that's beyond the point and merely a band-aid.

I have tested this issue and confirmed it on both my PC and my partners laptop.
I am running an RTX 4070, an R5 5600 and 16GB DDR4 3200CL16.
My partner is running an RTX 3060M, an R5 5600H and 16GB DDR4 3200CL16.

This game should be performing alot better, and the presets should definitely NOT be giving me the same FPS.
I have tried clean installing Windows 11 23H2, clean installing my NVIDIA drivers after using DDU, and reinstalling
my chipset drivers. I have the game on an NVMe SSD, I only have SSDs in my PC as my boot drive is also one.

If anyone else is having these issues, I'd like to know just so I know I'm not going crazy.
It would also be a good idea to boost this so CDPR can swiftly fix it.

EDIT: Completely closing Steam and running the game through the executable seems to somehow mostly solve the performance issues.
I am suspecting that it's either something to do with SteamWebHelper.exe or the overlay. I will test it without the overlay on.

EDIT #2: I can now confirm that turning off the Steam Overlay mostly fixes the games performance. I went from having 45-70 FPS
to a WHOPPING 75-130 FPS. If you are having performance issues, I would GREATLY recommend disabling the overlay.
The game DOES have performance issues still, but nowhere near as bad for me at least after doing this.

Last edited:
EDIT #2: I can now confirm that turning off the Steam Overlay mostly fixes the games performance. I went from having 45-70 FPS
to a WHOPPING 75-130 FPS. If you are having performance issues, I would GREATLY recommend disabling the overlay.
The game DOES have performance issues still, but nowhere near as bad for me at least after doing this.
:oops:

If you can, please send this in as a ticket to CDPR Support. That's a...lot...of FPS loss for an overlay.

Top Bottom