Should bags of trash be safe landing places?

+
Well, I learned the hard way this game isn’t Dying Light, lol.

Sniped some dudes from a high spot and thought that pile of garbage nearby would break my fall so I could loot… nope, just broke all the bones in my body instead.

Would be nice if a pile of full trash bags at least reduced fall damage, no? (That is, of course, unless they’re full of broken microwaves and old kitchen knives, lol.)

Edit: FYI, trash breaks David’s fall in Edgerunners. Just saying. Lol.

Last edited:
I personally thought trash bags were a pretty dumb "safe" landing space in Dying Light.

It's trash. It could be full of sponges just as much as it could be full of needles. I don't mind it in Dying Light for gameplay purposes considering the game is all about the parkour, but it wouldn't be fitting in a game like CP2077 in my opinion.

Drawing on my expertise as a dishwasher from way way back, I learned to be careful handling the trash after I sliced my thumb on the broken glass in it. So yeah the idea of trash in reality being safe is not a good one. I mean if you're in a situation and you have no choice I imagine it's better than nothing. In game terms I supposed you need to make a Saving Throw vs Trash and if it fails a Save vs Disease.

On second thought, with all the junk vinyl records I’m finding… using them to break a fall would be like landing on some… Rock!

LOL

I salute you!

That was hilarious.

FYI, trash breaks David’s fall in Edgerunners. Just saying. Lol.

BUT... David is "built different" ;)

Edit: FYI, trash breaks David’s fall in Edgerunners. Just saying. Lol.

Dam, I was going to say that was not cannon nor realistic (needles and other med waste and broken glass and such) but then you mention Edgerunners.

So now I have to agree with you.

I wanted to start cleaning NC, and I destroyed several trash backs, only to realize that they respawn back. No cleaning career for V :D

Imagine you could get a job from the cleaning services and they pay a few creds for each trashbag cleaned... Infinite money.:sad:
In NC that job would probably be to shoot down those who don't throw the trash in the right place... if the city cared about being clean, that is.

In NC that job would probably be to shoot down those who don't throw the trash in the right place... if the city cared about being clean, that is.
After the clean(s)ing operation, employer: "holy hanna V, you did a number on the city. You took out all the trash and even cleared the landfill." Regretfully we can't pay you the sum as agreed... Since it would make you richer than Arasaka and militech combined."

Yes, but roll 1D10 to find out what you land in:

1. Dirty diapers.
2. Hypodermic needles! Oh no!
3. Is that medical waste?
4. Regular food trash.
5. A pillow.
6. Rocks, in a trash bag??
7. Leaking batteries.
8. Discarded combat cyberware, ouch!
9. Newspapers.
10. Broken glass.

Nomads add a +3 modifier.