so i am getting random crashes on 4090

+
example @ 1:17:47 ->

anyone experiencing this? i am playing at uhd and everything maxed including the new path tracing tech

it's random, sometimes on exiting to menu, when loading, entering vehicle - random

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: E:\R6.Release\dev\src\common\gpuApi\src\dx12\gpuApiDX12Error.cpp(42)
Device Removed Reason: 0x887a0006 :
GPU Crash Reason: Unknown
cpu: Intel Core i7 11700KF 8x3.6 GHz BOX (LGA1200-G11, 16MB, 125W)gpu: GIGABYTE GF RTX4090 24GB GDDR6X 3DP HDMI GAMING OCmb: Gigabyte Z590 Gaming X, Intel Z590, DP, DDR4, SATA3, 3xM2, RAID, ATX, LGA1200-G11ram: Ballistix MAX RGB, DDR4, 32 GB, 4400MHz, CL19 (BLM2K16G44C19U4BL)ssd: SSD SAMSUNG 250GB 2.5 SATA3 540/520 SSD850 EVO MZ-75E250B/EUfan: Be Quiet Pure Rock 2 (Srebrny, BK006)tower: SilentiumPC Armis AR7ps: ATX 1000W Corsair HX1000 (135mm, Platinum)

Could be the factory OC on the gpu. I got those messages from crashes when i OCed my card to far. If you are OCing the GPU try to run it at stock settings. You can even test to downclock it a bit by limiting power % to 90% or something. Is there any errorlogs in Eventviewer?

If you slightlty undervolt, underpower, then limit FPS with NVCP you'll have your card running quiet, cool, and stable with just roughly 1-3% performance loss.
Amazing card.

EDIT: this will also cut power consumption drastically. Reducing temps further inside your PC.

Last edited:
i do not have any overheating issues- it runs ~65 Celsius under full load
running everything system wise on stock settings and keeping everything updated
Zrzut ekranu (1980).jpg

Last edited:
Just game crashes with engines "send us the error data" dialog. Seems like the GPU is fine all the time.

Mind checking event viewer? Could be a driver issue if the hardware itself is fine. I know I had an issue like that with a bad riser. If you're not using one then possibly try re seating the card.

this matches error from the recording -> when exiting to main menu from game - will check next time it happens too
error.jpg

no idea, feels different to what i had on 3080ti [diablo4, sons of the forrest and other random heavy gpu titles] when screen went black and fans were spinning on max when game crashed

from what i've checked that model had some issues that caused spike in voltage that either fried the card or if you had good PSU like i did ended with pc reboot

anyways here on 4090 game just crashes and i have no fan's going on full throttle or anything like artifacts on screen or reboots

i pick fresh install with each nvidia drivers update that pops up in geforce experience, i'm keeping all components updated down to bios level and as stock as possible

i think the only changes are XMP profile change on memory for it to run on 4400 and enabling Resizable BAR https://www.gigabyte.pl/microsites/182

i have this issues only in cp, starfield or diablo 4 both run just fine
Post automatically merged:

got few of those crashes so far

1695499428533.png

Last edited:
i pick fresh install with each nvidia drivers update that pops up in geforce experience, i'm keeping all components updated down to bios level and as stock as possible
DDU can still help since it completly removes the driver before you reinstall it. Ive never updated drivers trough GFE tbh. Old files from drivers can get left behind and cause trouble, or windows update has installed an old driver (DDU can block this too). Not saying thats thecase here but you be suprised how often this helps.

Other then that one thing it could be is windows hang timer beeing too short. It assumes the gfx card is unresponsive and "unmounts" it. Your error log kinda suggests it, it requires regedits to increase the time it waits before unmounting. Its nr 10 on this site:

again, do not have such issues with any other new games like starfield, diablo 4, sons of the forest etc

and 3rd party software to clean install new drivers should not be an option to fix issues because like i stated above no other heavy GPU title has the issue

will try to corelate event loger with those cras times from redengine crash reporter a bit more when i will have time or crash will happen once again

that's the last crash in event logger
1695502691256.png

the 13:44 from today has no error in event logger
1695503150208.png

hey reds hook me up with some nda and test builds and i can provide you with quality error reporting :)

Last edited:
Same issue but on 3080, already tried:

-Reinstalled the game
-Deleted Local\RedEngine and Local\CD Project Red
-Disabled Steam and Discord overlay
-DDU the drivers and reinstall
-DDU and installing old drivers
-Ran Memtest
-Ran heaven benchmark for 1h and it was fine

Also when I’m running the game through nvidia NSight Graphic is fine. (was able to play for 10 hours without crash and while launching it through steam its just a crash fest. (or its just luck and it doesnt matter)

stacktrace:
Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: E:\R6.Release\dev\src\common\gpuApi\src\dx12\gpuApiDX12Error.cpp(42)

Link to drive with files for all crashes:

Last edited:
maybe you've got some matching hardware other than gpu that is different?

here are my crash logs so far https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zOxoGo7H5xgO3ui-Zhj9Onzv6Hyuf3cV/view?usp=drive_link to be honest have not seen them since the post [and system had no updates in that period] but also not been doing much in game aside of driving around as everything is completed -1 broken "freedom of the press" regina jones gig

got another one when exiting game from main menu after triggering this vehicle event
1695660595508.png

Last edited:
three times today
1695936738231.png

i'm pretty sure that i've lost ~20% fps since installing and entering main story line in Phantom Liberty however stupid that sounds

86% gpu util ???!!!

Zrzut ekranu (2015).jpg

the more i play the more it crashes

Last edited:
Top Bottom