So weapons are pretty much just guns and knives?

+
The weapons were designed after the vision of Mike Pondsmith. This is not a sci-fi game. We probably haven't seen all the weapons and cyberware so let the game come out before you make a call on if something is good or not.

Here is the interview and Mike talks about the design behind guns.

In terms of Flathead. While the Flathead as a companion was removed the Flathead still has part in the game. We dont know what exactly but you'll still get to play around with it. Maybe its locked into specific mission(s)

The weapons were designed after the vision of Mike Pondsmith. This is not a sci-fi game. We probably haven't seen all the weapons and cyberware so let the game come out before you make a call on if something is good or not.

Here is the interview and Mike talks about the design behind guns.

In terms of Flathead. While the Flathead as a companion was removed the Flathead still has part in the game. We dont know what exactly but you'll still get to play around with it. Maybe its locked into specific mission(s)
I made it to the 3 minute mark where he talks about the looks of the guns. The fact that they look the way they should is swell.

However I was talking about gameplay ... maybe I'm just expecting too much and should set my expectations to "Witcher 3 in Night City where combat is just 'there' and the game as a whole is more akin to a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' book". That I should not be expecting the 2nd coming of Deus Ex with next level emergent gameplay.

PS: Am I the only one that thinks default V looks a lot like Chance Morris?