Support Ticket Initial Response Time?

+
Just wanted to ask if there was supposed to be anything like an immediate response to a new support ticket, along the lines of “We have received your whining, will respond when hell freezes over,” whatever. I’m embarrassed to admit my GOG account e-mail was not in good standing with Discord and I’m just worried I might be ignored by Support. To clarify, the e-mail itself has never been rude with Support staff or anything like that, but I’ve come to realize I am a horrible person when responding quickly live via text (pretty sure my Discord is perma banned and I’ve never had the heart to check otherwise). Oddly my jerk behavior doesn’t apply to forum posting, or perhaps people are just generally nicer in forums.

From personal experience, it takes a while depending on what is being reported. Bugs are usually several weeks minimum, sometimes even longer and sometimes months later, but they do respond eventually.

They are just swarmed so that's why the response is slow.

EDIT: Holy smokes, actually they responded in less than 24h regarding the Arasaka Tower crashes. They're aware of the issue :D

Last edited:
From personal experience, it takes a while depending on what is being reported. Bugs are usually several weeks minimum, sometimes even longer and sometimes months later, but they do respond eventually.

They are just swarmed so that's why the response is slow.

EDIT: Holy smokes, actually they responded in less than 24h regarding the Arasaka Tower crashes. They're aware of the issue :D
Awesome! Out of curiousity, did you put your ticket under Crashes or something else?

Awesome! Out of curiousity, did you put your ticket under Crashes or something else?
The Arasaka Tower crash was suggested by a moderator to be sent directly to the Quest Progression Being Blocked category, but normally I would have sent it directly to the Crash category instead.

The other bug I sent regarding DLSS causing flickering during phone calls was sent to Visual category, which also got acknowledged within 24 hours.

However I personally submit all of the tickets as pure bug reports that are fully detailed, always accompanied with video proof and have everything they require to analyze it, so I don't require any additional interaction with the agents. They acknowledge it and move on, saves them valuable time.

If you do require additional interaction with them, it might take them longer to respond. Back when I reported a memory leak with the game in September 2022, I did not get a response back until January 2023, though even then I just wanted to submit it as a bug report ^^

I think the most irritating thing about this is that the response time makes me feel like my own report was worthless. I also agree with another person I spoke with, that there really should be something like an automated response (did I send my report to the void?) as well as some sort of active ticket I can eyeball for developments. It’s just frustrating to me is all.

I can vouch that the reports aren't sent into the void :D

They receive all the reports, it just takes time to get to them depending on severity, but they definitely do not ignore them as they truly take the time to respond to all of them even if they're months late. I've been religiously playing since September 2022 and been reporting issues ever since.

And most reports they acknowledge pretty quickly, while others they acknowledge eventually. Sometimes within a week, sometimes a month later, sometimes two months later. But they do get to them eventually. I even keep an entire playlist of submitted issues, along with archives of all emails from Support so that I am aware what of I reported and what they're aware of.

This is how I usually report the issues;
Greetings,

there is an issue going on with Arasaka Tower jungle level during endgame causing guaranteed CTDs and preventing progression during "TotalImmortal" (Hanako path) and "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" (Rogue path) missions.

If the player enters the jungle level of the building with RTX already turned ON or turns it ON during the level, the game will hard crash, however many players are also reporting this happening without RTX as well. This was not happening before the latest 1.62 update and started happening immediately after.

Here is a video showcasing all the graphical setting turned off and it crashing if RTX is turned ON.

Extra info;
- Never used any mods nor trainers whatsoever.
- Provided two savefiles for both paths, one for Hanako and the other for Rogue. Both will crash as soon as you enter the jungle.
- Drivers have no effect on this nor does verifying the game's files.
It's just a matter of patience since they're very busy, especially due to invalid reports as people do use mods and such, which only wastes their time from getting to legit reports.

Thank you @Crimsomrider that does destress me a bit. I will say I did not have the option to even upload a screenshot let alone a video so I’m curious what the exact link was that you contacted them by.

So regarding the Arasaka Tower crash for example, you go here;

Then you choose which category is the closest to the issue you're having, so;
  • I am unable to complete/ progress in a quest
  • Contact Us in the bottom right
  • Fill out the forms
  • Add File - Browse (For zipped savefiles and screenshots)
  • Add DxDiag - Browse (For DxDiag containing your system specs)
The videos however are not uploaded directly, they're instead uploaded to Youtube and available in my public playlist, so I just post a link to them in the report.

Ahh, I see, thank you. I’m assuming you just put a link in the description as I was eyes out for a screenshot spot and didn’t see one.

Yup. Screenshots I upload directly zipped together with the savefiles if my report requires them, while the videos I just link.

Response times seem fairly quick as of now - got answers for both tickets I've made in less than a week.
One was about constant crashing on 1.62 (requested crashlogs) while the other one was acknowledgement for the fence draw distance issue so I'm hopeful both of these will be resolved in an upcoming patch shortly.

Top Bottom