The new forum skin and formatting...

+

Forum veteran
Dragonbird;n6875130 said:
I didn't expect them to tell everyone what their deep dark secrets are
Marcin Iwinski once killed a man with his bare hands. Not Iwinski's. The man's own hands.

Also, I shall miss you if you leave. We've already lost so many, and this place just isn't going to feel like home without you.

Side note: curse you for making me write something heartfelt and genuine, you monster.

227;n6886110 said:
Marcin Iwinski once killed a man with his bare hands. Not Iwinski's. The man's own hands

I heard they were actually Marcin's bear hands, that he'd torn off the bear while armwrestling it over cranberry futures.

Hrm. Didn't see a thread talking about the frequency with which the site logs us out, but figured this would be as good a place as any to start.

So: what causes that, and is there anything, we, the end-user can do?

This might be a stupid question but how do I make the different "forum styles" work? I tried "Blood & Wine" and "CD Projekt RED" and everything in the community and witcher sections looks the same (light blue and white with a "Hearts of Stone" header).

volsung;n6971740 said:
This might be a stupid question but how do I make the different "forum styles" work? I tried "Blood & Wine" and "CD Projekt RED" and everything in the community and witcher sections looks the same (light blue and white with a "Hearts of Stone" header).

If you tried to change it in you profile, that doesn't apparently work at the moment. You need to change between HoS and BAW under where you write your forum posts. They are working on to fix these issues, so maybe it starts to work properly at some point. I also have to select BAW again every time I come to these forums.

I can't connect to some threads since the new look (firefox). Not once have I managed to open the hairy bear.

M4xw0lf;n6981420 said:
I can't connect to some threads since the new look (firefox). Not once have I managed to open the hairy bear.

You need to limit the number of posts per page in profile settings. By default it tries to load all of them, and that's too much for some huge threads. It's a bug.

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n6981490 said:
You need to limit the number of posts per page in profile settings. By default it tries to load all of them, and that's too much for some huge threads. It's a bug.

You're my hero of the day! :geraltfeelgood:

Sunsibar;n6979520 said:
If you tried to change it in you profile, that doesn't apparently work at the moment. You need to change between HoS and BAW under where you write your forum posts. They are working on to fix these issues, so maybe it starts to work properly at some point. I also have to select BAW again every time I come to these forums.

That was it, thanks! Didn't like the other theme either. At least Hearts of Stone is more readable. *sigh*, this is a total mess. Looks like CDPR didn't test anything before going live. Did they fire their entire staff and hire web developers right out of college or something? I hope this is not a sign of things to come in CP2077...

BTW I would give you a red point but, alas, the new forum...

volsung;n6983750 said:
That was it, thanks! Didn't like the other theme either. At least Hearts of Stone is more readable. *sigh*, this is a total mess. Looks like CDPR didn't test anything before going live. Did they fire their entire staff and hire web developers right out of college or something? I hope this is not a sign of things to come in CP2077...

BTW I would give you a red point but, alas, the new forum...

Sadly, we've ran into some technical difficulties but the forums should be back to normal in terms of features in a matter of days. All the missing things such as REDpoints, achievements as well as problems with login sessions will be addressed as soon as possible. We've decided to update the visuals so they are more in line with the rest of our website. For people who prefer darker theme, there's an alternate forum skin (to be chosen from the bottom of the page). I would like to apologize for all the technical problems you've encountered.

Marcin_Momot;n6986550 said:
Sadly, we've ran into some technical difficulties but the forums should be back to normal in terms of features in a matter of days. All the missing things such as REDpoints, achievements as well as problems with login sessions will be addressed as soon as possible. We've decided to update the visuals so they are more in line with the rest of our website. For people who prefer darker theme, there's an alternate forum skin (to be chosen from the bottom of the page). I would like to apologize for all the technical problems you've encountered.

Thanks Marcin. We know technical issues are bound to happen but add to that poor communication and participation from the REDs themselves, and we get a very frustrating experience. We'd like you see you and the others around more often :)

Top Bottom