Two Favorites

+
Two Favorites

I didn't know whether or not to post this here but they are pics of favorite area in game and visual effect .This first pic is favorite area once the violent creatures are cleaned up it is a beautiful area.

The next is the beam effect it is one of the visuals that really impress me giving the game a life like quality . I know other games probably use it but I think this is some of the best I have seen.

Flotsam forest is probably my favourite area of the game too :)
Upon seeing it for the first time, I had the same warm feeling of wonder I had when I first played TES IV: Oblivion, confronted with this big and detailed landscape, ready to be explored.

About the "sun through fog effect", I believe Alan Wake has a similar thing. That game deals a lot with light, but I never got a chance to play it, so can't say for sure if it compares to this particular effect.

Alan Wake mostly takes place by night, in forests. For an XBox games it has really nice lighting effects, but it's usually flashlights or car's lights piercing through fog and vegetation, oh yes and flares, lots of flares lol. It's a pity Microsoft ditched the pc version after XBox sales weren't that great. Remedy Games, the developer, had the pc version ready and polished, waiting to be released. Must have been a real disappointment for them when big M said no, won't happen.

OP, your screenshots are gorgeous! Lighting effects in the game are indeed very beautiful :] If you'd like, you can post them in our screenshot thread :]

yayodeanno said:
It's a pity Microsoft ditched the pc version after XBox sales weren't that great. Remedy Games, the developer, had the pc version ready and polished, waiting to be released. Must have been a real disappointment for them when big M said no, won't happen.
What kills me is that Alan Wake was made for the PC, originally. They ditched it literally three months before the release. I don't think I've ever been that bitter with a game publisher in my entire life :/

Top Bottom