In 2077, I'd like to see these negative effects:
1. Affect mostly NPCs. I do NOT enjoy being on fire!
2. Affect Player and NPCs roughly equally. Fair is fair-ish!
3. Shock when damaged - if hurt enough, you shake and screen blurs or something similar.
4. Flammability! On fire, scream, fwoosh, set fire to other things!
5. Stuns - if hit with certain effects or in certain locations (!) stunned for a bit. Groin kick!
6. Slows - weapon effects, but also if you lose a limb, you/they should have to limp or crawl.
7. Fear - AI morale check - flee if hurt or enough friends die. PC - screen shake, breathing messed
8. Poison/ radiation - health loss, ability loss, etc. Recoverable with treatment of course.
9. Gear damage! Them and us! Preferably less from use than from environment, but tech breaks!
10. It seems to me, Doctor, that Jackie has passed from this mortal coil. Into...eternity.