Staff member

+
If you want npcs to do certain animations in your level, you have to really "spawn" them. Just dragging their entities in the world does not work. You need a quest file and communities for this. Following this tutorial should help you:

It may look complicated, but after a while it works like a charm.

Namco Bandai Games to distribute The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Europe

Namco Bandai Games Europe, one of the video game industry's leading distribution, marketing and sales companies, will distribute the third part of The Witcher saga and join the studio in bringing the series to key markets in Europe.Weve worked with Namco Bandai Games before, so our partners there know both The Witcher and the ideals that drive us as a studio. Were convinced that they understand our vision for the game and that they will do a great job letting gamers know how the games open world and great story are going to change the next-gen RPG landscape, said Adam Badowski, Head of Studio, CD Projekt RED.CD Projekt RED has well earned its marks as a premier, innovative studio and it is with extreme delight and pride that we are today confirming we will be adding the eagerly awaited Witcher 3 to our line-up next year said Alberto Gonzlez Lorca, VP Third Parties, NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe. We look forward to being once again the European partner of CD Projekt RED, and providing first-class service to one of the most revered video game franchises as it is coming to next-generation consoles in 2014.Namco Bandai Games will be responsible for the distribution and promotion of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Europe and will bring the game to PC, PlayStation4 and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. The full list of countries includes: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Malta, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, and United Kingdom.

BlackLeopard said:
Is it technically possible to define different moonlight (lighting) depending on night hour ? if yes then I think that would give your mod something unique. (currently in vanilla game, night is mostly the same in the period of 9pm - 5am)

Is it possible to add heavy cloud and fog in REDKit ?

Everything is possible, it just depends on how good it looks in the end. I will experiment with some things. :)

Old Flotsam Mod

Old Flotsam Mod

I played a little around with the Flotsam level in Redkit after looking at the Witcher 2 Artbook yesterday. The first pictures in the artbook show Flotsam as a really dark and rainy place without the giant trees leaning over the town wall. Altough I really love the Flotsam we have in The Witcher 2, I thought that I might give it a shot and try recreating the look from the artwork just to see if it is doable.
So basically right now I only erased the trees and some other minor stuff and took the lighting from Lykaon to see how it would look. I wonder, would you guys be interested in a Flotsam with this look? If yes, then I would add different trees, create a lighting that fits the artwork, etc.
Those are two screenshots from Flotsam without trees and using the Lykaon lighting and sky:

Dandelion is still pretty young when the adventure of Lykaon takes place. He is not yet that famous and still an aspiring young bard, trying to find his style.

"Women like the individualistic type."

Your favorite Witcher moments - Contest

The Witcher series is turning 6! The past few days we all have been reminiscing about our favorite moments from all of the games here at the studio. To celebrate this anniversary, we would like to hear your most cherished stories related to The Witcher and/or The Witcher 2. We are curious: What stood out the most for you? Are there things you saw in the games that you will never forget? Let us know! Authors of the most original/touching/funny answers will receive Witcher prizes such as t-shirts, witcher medallions, GOG.com codes for both of our games or posters signed by the developers of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Dont wait any longer! Share your most beloved moment with us by replying to this news post now! We will announce the winners on Monday. Our friends at GOG.com have just wrapped up their celebrations of the 6th anniversary with a Witcher story contest (the results of which you can check out here). Ready? Set, go!

Six million Witchers for Geralt’s Sixth Birthday!

Six million Witchers for Geralts Sixth Birthday!We are proud to announce that Geralt of Rivia, as known from your favorite video games, is now six years old!Six years have passed since weve embarked on the magical journey of bringing one of the most unique and recognizable fantasy worlds into the realm of video gaming. Weve started with a dream and a few rough ideas and today were on the forefront of the next generation of role playing games. The continued support of gamers worldwide has been one of the keys to our success and a reason we have such a strong foundation to build from. Wed like to announce that six million copies of The Witcher games have been sold up to this day and our community is growing into one of the strongest RPG fandoms in the world. It is because of your dedication and constant involvement that the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 has achieved Classics status in Europe and we are able to grow as a developer and bring you games that we hope will stay with you for years.CD Projekt RED was built on the idea that giving gamers more is always worth it. Since the very beginning of our journey we have seen that the approach of inviting gamers into a dialogue with the developer is really important and can shake up the - sometimes self-destructive - business side of games. We hope youll stay with us for the years to come and that we will continue to make these changes together, said Adam Badowski, Head of Studio, CD Projekt RED.Weve prepared an infographic to show how The Witcher series evolved during the years. You can download ithere.The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is only $19.99/19.99 on Xbox 360 - its the perfect time to embark on one of the most captivating dark fantasy adventures on the current generation. Visitbuy.thewitcher.comfor more information!

Delete the spawn point tags (because you already have a timetable, so they spawn in actionpoints) and mark "Start in AP" for every npc. In your timetable, you also need the correct categories for their actionpoints (open the actionpoint - not the entity you drag on the level, but the jobtree - to see the correct category like "work_man").

Seriously, I never had that problem before. I have no idea what it is. o_O

Could you post a picture of your scene script + the part of the quest where the scene script and the community of the people is activated? This is a really weird bug.

I was asked repeatedly to make another long video walking through the level, so here it is. It shows the quite linear start of my level, a modified sidequest from the demo and a walk through Lykaon to the little village.
I did not polish this version, so there may be some bugs or weird behavior visible. The framerate also is not great, since the recording program FRAPS does not like Redkit. My usual FPS are around 60 or more and they are much better than the fps from the demo I released.

Cooking means the process of "making your level ready" for being played inside The Witcher 2. If you finished your level in Redkit, you can push the cooking button and then make your mod ready. It is a little gear called "Launch Content Cooker".

Ps: Nope, when I started, I was asking a whole lot of questions, too ;)

I was asked repeatedly to make another long video walking through the level, so here it is. It shows the quite linear start of my level, a modified sidequest from the demo and a walk through Lykaon to the little village.
I did not polish this version, so there may be some bugs or weird behavior visible. The framerate also is not great, since the recording program FRAPS does not like Redkit. My usual FPS are around 60 or more and they are much better than the fps from the demo I released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPLtOcIMi6U

blackgriffin said:
well this was another pointless interview with no new info at all, just sa same safe answers to easy questions like why did you start making games and so on

Not really. For example, as you can see above Smiki finally got his answer:)

Top Bottom