Cyberpunk 2077 - GOLD

+

Cyberpunk 2077 has gone gold! 📀

See you in Night City on November 19th!
CP'77 got gold. Hmm! I wonder which life path it has.:cool:

I se everyone cheering so it means something good, but what does it mean exactly?
When software goes gold, it means that all the coding, testing and debugging is finished and the item is ready for duplication and distribution. It signals that the item will be released soon.
I think the term "gold" comes from the fact that the code is burned into a gold-coloured disc, which serves as the master from which all other copies are made. Of course, this is from the pre-internet/early days of the internet so I'm sure the practice now is different. Still, the term "gone gold" means the same thing.

Cyberpunk 2077 has gone gold! 📀

See you in Night City on November 19th!
Thank you guys for all the hard work!! Can't wait to see what you guys made over the years accumulated to this one product, I'm hoping to play this for a loooooong time, based on what I've seen already too, I definitely will be! Congrats again CDPR!!! :cool:

So the 8 years of hopes, wishes, brainstorming and arguments finally comes to an end.

I kinda feel a bit nostalgic over a few past debates and the wishful feelings around them.

Congrats.

Don't worry, you'll soon be making fun new memories once we all get a few hours playtime in.

I'm sure the feedback will provide plenty of opportunity for 'lively' discussion :beer:

I mean, I personally can't wait for the final verdict of FPP vs 3rdPP and, of course, everyone's favourite - is it an RPG?...:oops:

The wait for Cyberpunk 2077 has been so unbelievably long that this announcement feels almost surreal to me o_O Truth be told, even though the concept of the game alone got me “hooked” to it I wouldn’t have cared as much about it as I do now if whatever demos and glimpses of it they would’ve showed through all these years weren’t as impressive to my tastes as they gladly ended up being. Most of what they’ve revealed of the game so far has been fantastic beyond my initial expectations... and a bit more! The city alone is a videogame wonder to behold:cry:

I don’t know if CP2077 is going to make it to my list of top 5 games, let alone dethrone The Witcher 3 from my personal GOAT spot, but I don’t care, that’s frankly not what I’m expecting the game to be and that’d be a pretty quick way to ruin my experience with it. (Almost like dating a potentially amazing girl while still not being over that one wonderful ex I once had, so to speak :LOL:) What I do know is that there’s not going to be a single gaming experience out there that’s going to compare to it and that has the potential to stay with me for a long, long, long time like this one... well, that or the game’s going to end up being just alright. Who knows? ;) I’ll be the judge of that once I’ve played it.

Whatever the case may be, a huge congratulations to you gals and guys at CD Projekt and R. Talsorian Games (by the way, Cyberpunk RED has gone gold this week as well!) and I wish you all the best in these trying times. Night City and its denizens await :cool:

Last edited:
Haha... thanks for the laugh. That was a good one :smart:
Don't worry, you'll soon be making fun new memories once we all get a few hours playtime in.

I'm sure the feedback will provide plenty of opportunity for 'lively' discussion :beer:

I mean, I personally can't wait for the final verdict of FPP vs 3rdPP and, of course, everyone's favourite - is it an RPG?...:oops:

Yeah, well... End on my part. This is the point in time I find little reason to discuss or debate about things I hold important, since the game is finished, the gameplay direction of expansions and the possible sequels is set in stone, and things're not likely to change much anymore in that regard.

Yeah, well... End on my part. This is the point in time I find little reason to discuss or debate about things I hold important, since the game is finished, the gameplay direction of expansions and the possible sequels is set in stone, and things're not likely to change much anymore in that regard.

What?! You mean you won't be back to tell us what you think? :(

What?! You mean you won't be back to tell us what you think? :(

I'm sure I'll be around to give a round of more or less condescending impressions ( ;) ) in one form or another, but other than that, I'll probably be taking the backseat until there's a sequel or a smaller scale spinoff to speculate the gameplay of. Unless of course, to my surprise, the game hits me in the head with how absolutely awesome it is - which is questionable, but perhaps still possible to some degree.

I'm afraid the people here have been pulling a prank on you - telling you about 'master discs made of gold' and what not. As if! Sounds like something from Zelda.

The truth is that it actually originates from this:

Lol what is that even from? Just one of those cool old songs? It's got a thing to it lol. It's really not half bad at all.

Lol what is that even from? Just one of those cool old songs? It's got a thing to it lol. It's really not half bad at all.

Heh, that 'it's got a thing to it' was unfortunately the reason it was played mercilessly at one point in the 80's. I hesistated even looking it up again because of ptsd.

They were a big band back in the day and had a fierce rivalry with Duran Duran.

I inadvertantly saw the singer (minus the band) live at a club in Southend, England, around 1998. He was half drunk and had a mic in one hand and a pint of beer in the other. Classy :) He sang one song - and yes, it was 'Gold'. Triggered ;)

Top Bottom