Hotfix 1.04

+
[PC] (Steam) I still have an issue where I get put into an infinite black screen when trying to load a save. I've seen others with the same exact problem. A new game is fine but if I die or continue after closing. I get black screened. Please fix. I wanna play the damn game this weekend.

The 1.04 Patch is taking for ever to apply. Stoppes at 56 and 57% just as the first patch did. Been applying at 57% for over 15 minutes now. Anybody else having problemes with slow patch applying?
nah bruv, seems like a you problem. Every patch has downloaded fine for me.

Ten Patch nic nie dał. Nadal zaraz po intro z Night City (Nomad) wywala się gra. Nie wiem czy mają to tylko użytkownicy Steam, ale to jest żałosne. Mieliście na to 8 lat.

The game still crashes randomly for me...i tried to verify/reinstall/update drivers/ turn off overlays/turn off all other soft etc. nothing helps, at the first day i managed somehow to play 10h!!! straight without a single crash and now i can barely pass the loading intro screen the game crashes after 5 sec of playing or at the intro movie itself... at least i have 60 stable fps on ultra settings, tnx for that but i want to at least lauch a game now.

Nice fix, however I'm still experiencing some weird pop ups with the npcs, only when walking through the city itself. They are in very lowpoly/lowtexture even when they are less than a meter from me.

Also a bit of a problem in certain cutscenes (specially the "new life" one where Jackie is invisible for a while before popoing up).

And of course the classic "lips don't move during dialogues" thing.

Those are the only things that remains to be fixed to fully enjoy the game. At least for me.

My rig: Core i7 7700, Geforce 1080, 16 Ram Corsair, runing from an HDD (although loading time are accepatble)

Thanks, but can you fix it for consoles? Still looks terrible. I will say... despite my disappointment with the bugs and graphics, it's still very engaging.

Last edited:
Just a few bugs I found (PC, GOG version, pre 1.04 version, so maybe some of them are already fixed in the hotfix):
  • The center mouse button does not work in game, but a few things are bound to it (and cannot be changed), for example to take off a set of clothes. The only way to do it is to fire up a controller and press the button on that
  • The language resets to English at every start
  • T-posing flashing in vehicles and other places sometimes
  • Streaming is almost impossible. Huge framedrops without no specific reason and significantly lower FPS while streaming. But it's present only in 4K. In 1440p it's flawless. (Ryzen 3900X, RTX 3080, 64 GB RAM, Streamlabs OBS, borderless window mode). No framedrops in the stream, though, the health of the stream is flawless.
  • The right side doors of my vehicle stayed in the air detached from the car when I jumped in and started driving
  • Not really a bug, but why is "X" the default action button on an XBOX controller, why not "A"?
  • Using mouse and keyboard, during dialogues, you can cycle the dialogue options with mouse wheel, but cannot select them with mouse button, only "F"
  • the game sometimes crashes when I die and want to reload the last checkpoint
  • "Flyers" are not "Repülők" (airplanes) in Hungarian but "Röplapok" :) There are a few typos and mistranslated texts in Hungarian. The overall quality of the translation is superior, though, especially the slang expressions and swear words.
  • Photo mode: no free camera mode
  • Photo mode: the aperture distance cannot be freed from MY character, no matter what distance I set. For example, if there's a conversation and I want to focus on the other character, I cannot really do that with depth of field and unfocus my character. Additionally, it would be great if the focused object or character could be selected with a simple click
  • The sliders cannot be dragged with mouse. Really annoying, especially in photo mode.
Apart from these, I'm really satisfied and impressed. The game is the most beautiful game I've ever seen. The performance (without streaming) is also better than expected. Thanks and keep up the good work! :)

PC Specs:
  • i7-8700k
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
  • 32GB RAM
  • Windows 10
  • SSD
  • Resolution - 1920 x 1080 (60fps)
  • Platform - GOG
  • Nvidia Drivers 460.79
  • Game version 1.04
Bugs/Issues:
  • Occasional spawning in of NPCs directly in front of player character or within camera view
  • NPCs stuck in T-pose position (image below)
  • Noticeable pop-in (e.g. cars, pedestrians, crosswalks, concrete barriers, various objects) even on max settings
  • NPCs walking into and standing inside walls and objects (e.g. chairs, tables, countertops)
  • NPCs sitting incorrectly on chairs, clipping through them (image below)
  • NPC poses and animations resetting
  • On occasion, NPC drivers will stop in the middle of the road and won't move
  • NPC pathing issues, such as with NPC cars being driven into concrete barriers and other objects (e.g. outside V's apartment complex), or NPCs teleporting from one spot to another
  • After leaving Viktor's place for the first time, V's car was floating in the air over its parking space (image below)
  • In a couple scenes, I encountered noticeable pop-in of detail on car models, namely after a quick cut during the opening montage with Jackie, and for a brief moment whenever I first load into the game (image below)
  • Some signs/billboards can become blurry or fail to load in at full resolution (image below)
  • V's own reflection is missing completely in ray-traced reflections in the open world
  • Character self-shadows or those cast onto the character by clothing and worn objects can sometimes flicker under certain lighting conditions
  • Occasional duplicate NPCs, usually right next to each other
  • Missing clothing (e.g. shirts, pants), as well as parts of clothing (e.g. certain collars on jackets) when looking into a mirror, sometimes resulting in the player character's reflection being completely naked
  • Player character model clipping through clothing
  • Clipping between certain pieces of clothing (e.g. certain shirts and jackets, certain headgear and shirts)
  • When calling Regina at V's apartment, her character model will suddenly appear beside the player character, and will vanish after the call ends (this happens consistently - image below)
  • Some NPCs that spawn in the open world lack lip sync when speaking
  • While grabbing NPCs in combat, shadows on the NPCs' headgear (e.g. baseball caps) and neck (e.g. collars) will flicker (image below)
  • Some NPCs fail to respond/react to nearby combat
  • During melee finisher animations (e.g. katana) in certain locations and NPC positions (e.g. lying down, standing on stairs), NPC will pop up or teleport for the animation and ragdoll will bug out (e.g. clip through nearby objects)
  • When throwing NPC bodies in certain locations, body will glitch out (e.g. fly around, ragdoll strangely, clip though objects)
  • Bathroom light in V's apartment being too bright at night, causing the mirror to become unusable as V's reflection becomes overblown
  • When V shakes hands with Jackie before entering his apartment for the first time, player camera will momentarily clip through roof of car
  • Occasionally, while driving, player character will teleport and T-pose on roof of car (image below - happens consistently in that tunnel)
  • NPC vehicles in traffic can suddenly spawn/despawn when out of camera view, even when they are very close to the player
  • Texture/object rendering bugs (e.g. a banner outside V's apartment not rendering properly and stretching in all directions - image below, happens with all instances of such banners)
  • Ray-traced reflections on car windows pop-in very noticeably at a short distance
  • Flickering textures, especially on what appears to be seams between certain ground textures
  • NPCs and objects spawning/despawning, particularly during or after cinematic sequences, have a tendency to fly around the world in camera view
  • After a vehicle explodes, the vehicle body and license plate will remain floating in the air
  • When V downs the shot in the Streetkid opening with Pepe, V's render-to-texture reflection becomes detached from the mirror
  • On occasion, player camera becomes choppy when sliding
  • Some objects stuck in the air (e.g. cardboard, debris)
  • Translucent clothing is clearly visible behind fog/smoke effects (e.g. check background NPC during montage sequence where V throws gun at enemy)
  • Physics on objects behaving erratically (e.g. boxes and bags of garbage flying around when approaching them)
  • Chance of getting stuck in map menu when opening it while running, keys become unresponsive
  • After committing a crime, police will simply spawn in very noticeably close to the player, often within camera view
  • Crosshair getting stuck on screen, even while driving
  • FOV/camera stuck being zoomed in after certain cinematic/dialogue sequences
Other Issues:
  • When driving with mouse and keyboard, it can be difficult to modulate acceleration, braking, and steering inputs
  • Rotation in the character creation menu is too fast and imprecise on mouse and keyboard
  • No toggle-to-walk button
  • No alternative button mapping for strafing/dodging
  • After civilian NPCs react to combat or gunfire, many remain in a crouched animation indefinitely
  • Jackie constantly burning rubber when driving through the parking garage to V's apartment in the prologue
  • NPC driving AI does not seem to know how to navigate around parked cars and stationary objects
  • Flickering shadows/lighting with DLSS enabled
  • Extremely blocky shadows from certain streetlights
Updated list: List of Bugs and Issues | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

Attachments

• Floating Car.png
    Floating Car.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 224
  • NPC Clipping through Chair.jpg
    NPC Clipping through Chair.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 185
  • Regina Bug 2.jpg
    Regina Bug 2.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 215
  • T-pose NPC.jpg
    T-pose NPC.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 389
  • Player T-pose in Vehicle Bug - Full Body.jpg
    Player T-pose in Vehicle Bug - Full Body.jpg
    686.7 KB · Views: 819
  • Player T-pose in Vehicle Bug - Map Location.jpg
    Player T-pose in Vehicle Bug - Map Location.jpg
    769.1 KB · Views: 210
  • Low Res Ads Bug.png
    Low Res Ads Bug.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 265
  • Vehicle LOD Bug.png
    Vehicle LOD Bug.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 246
  • Rendering Bug - Outside V's Apartment.jpg
    Rendering Bug - Outside V's Apartment.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 160
  • Black Flickering on NPC.png
    Black Flickering on NPC.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 249
Last edited:
GUYS! Please add toggle option for ADS on PC or fix controller options. Its impossible to ADS and shoot with controller on PC. Using Xbox controller

There's a lot of things they need to improve:
-the bugs
-the phasing/clipping towards the cars, clothes, environments, etc.
-unbalanced gameplay (perks, attributes, and modifiers) with no downside
-awkward animations in either cinematics or in game
-some of the lip syncs are not working
-broken AIs
-damage sponges
-graphical issues
-junky combat
-no blood and gore execution
-lack of meaningful variations of cybernetics and weapons
-lack of dynamic and trigger events
-lack of impacts of the story
-lack of alternative route of the story like the alternative way to get an info instead of using brain dance
-lack of variations of the enemies
-some of the choices are decoy decisions
-overwhelming amount of HUD marks like loot mark, inspect mark, etc.

Last edited:
Please remove Male V's underwear when not wearing any clothing. I have nudity on, yet he still wears it. I just wanna see the 'little guy' in action...

sounds like you didn't do much do address how horrible this game looks on console

it was made for PS4, and I'm playing on a Pro. This game looks terrible.

this game was not made for old ass consoles specifically, it was made to run on them but dont expect any next gen title to run good on those turtles of consoles get a ps5, series x or pc especially with a title like this your truly missing out on greatness trying to utilize old hardware.

Top Bottom