Game crashing after 1.05 patch

+
Game keeps randomly crashing, I am submitting the crash reports when it does. I did not have this problem prior to this patch! Now I am feeling the pain that others do and see why everyone is upset at you guys :(

I am experiencing the same issue, game was running fine before hotfix 1.05, now crashes after 15 minutes of gameplay, playing on PC.

Have you tried to clean install your graphics driver? Not just update but remove them with ddu. Somehow the drivers get fucked after every update.

iam with you - 1.04 at least worked without crashes.
1.05 crashs radomly, but surely 10-15 Minutes.
Its doesn´t matter if i just stand there or moving around.

What i did so far:
- NOTHING ! it worked before - keep that in mind, before modding ur system, the game is the problem not your system!

and because i can´t sit there do nothing, i did everything, from reinstall the game, repair, install drivers old new, older, newer, beta - it changed nothing, as i told ya, its THE GAME !

btw: waiting for 1..06 because i can´t play it anymore ...

Last edited:
Having very similar issue. 1.04 never had a crash. Now with 1.05 it crashes very often, full stop and machine restarts. Most of the time I notice a drop in fps and input lag just a couple seconds before it happens.

AMD 3600xt
EVGA XC ULTRA RTX 2080 Super
ROG Strix x570-E gaming MB

Last edited:

Guest 4478408

you have to admit that its a bit strange that it runs rock solid for most but not for you.
pc is a complex ecosystem, and many machines never go through any validation by system integrators.

thinking about it one possible reason comes to mind: cpu utilisation was improved with amd 4 and 6 core cpu. do you by chance use one of these? higher utilisation could trigger instabilities that did not occour pre patch.

you have to admit that its a bit strange that it runs rock solid for most but not for you.
pc is a complex ecosystem, and many machines never go through any validation by system integrators.

thinking about it one possible reason comes to mind: cpu utilisation was improved with amd 4 and 6 core cpu. do you by chance use one of these? higher utilisation could trigger instabilities that did not occour pre patch.

That could be a possibility, but if many are having an issue, more likely a bug was introduced with the new code that affects those it was targeting. When I first built this pc a month ago I stress tested it with no issues. And just to make sure I ran a mem diagnostic today. No issues.

Guest 4478408

how did you stress test it? if you have not used prime95, use that.
in any case, if it really was the game, it would most likely crash for everyone, not just a few.
that said: as its just the game that crashes and not your system, it is possible that it is the game. just does not seem very likely to me, simply because at this point it seems to run very stable for the vast majority.

i know this sounds ridiculous but i am having nearly same issue. Start a stream, (works for me with discord) and see if it crashes still.. the stream can be turned off almost immediately as well.. this works so far 2/2 times ive tried to play. My game normally crashes in a few seconds, but am able to play so far without any issues when starting the game with a (discord) stream open..

So i should search a error in my machine, while the most can play it - how u know that? Not everybody regs here and makes a post.

So if 1.04 runs without crashes, 1.05 is now my machine the problem? what kind of problem solving is that ?
Good to see that nvidia is in, as AMD, as iam on a 5700XT and a 10400 i5 - every game i play runs like a charme, but for CB2077 its my machine - thats how u argue.

Guest 4478408

i did not argue but i was offering advise. i have, as it is, zero interest in arguing over the fact if you fix your issue or not.

of course its just the advise i can give to the best of my knowledge. and certainly i could be wrong and you are free to make of it what you want.

however, seing that you are unwilling to explore anything that is not putting the source into the game, and that - as said - i think the game is unlikely to cause your issue, i suggest now you play all the other games your machine actually can run.

I think (hope rather) the issue I'm experiencing is in this category of 1.05 breaking things. Up until now I've experienced very few issues at all; some minor visual stuff like dropping trouser and airing bits through Dels sunroof... but no major bugs or even crashes... until 1.05.

The game crashed ("flatlined") for the first time during an endgame (beyond point of no return) boss fight, and I haven't been able to load any of my save (auto or manual) since. All of my saves are well under 5MB, so I don't think they're corrupted. Running 2080 Ti and i9 9980XE... so not AMD related either.

I've tried the usual; reinstall game, drivers, etc. DxDiag has nothing to add, and stress tests with 3DMark, Doom Eternal, Witcher and other games turn up no issues at all... praying the 1.05 patch didn't fry some remote area of my GPU only CP touches... couldn't get the new card I want (EVGA 3090 hydro) even if I was OK with paying scalpers (which I am not).

i did not argue but i was offering advise. i have, as it is, zero interest in arguing over the fact if you fix your issue or not.

of course its just the advise i can give to the best of my knowledge. and certainly i could be wrong and you are free to make of it what you want.

however, seing that you are unwilling to explore anything that is not putting the source into the game, and that - as said - i think the game is unlikely to cause your issue, i suggest now you play all the other games your machine actually can run.
trust me it aint hes machine, the same sh#t happening to me here, and i run a 2080ti and a i9 9900k
Post automatically merged:

I think (hope rather) the issue I'm experiencing is in this category of 1.05 breaking things. Up until now I've experienced very few issues at all; some minor visual stuff like dropping trouser and airing bits through Dels sunroof... but no major bugs or even crashes... until 1.05.

The game crashed ("flatlined") for the first time during an endgame (beyond point of no return) boss fight, and I haven't been able to load any of my save (auto or manual) since. All of my saves are well under 5MB, so I don't think they're corrupted. Running 2080 Ti and i9 9980XE... so not AMD related either.

I've tried the usual; reinstall game, drivers, etc. DxDiag has nothing to add, and stress tests with 3DMark, Doom Eternal, Witcher and other games turn up no issues at all... praying the 1.05 patch didn't fry some remote area of my GPU only CP touches... couldn't get the new card I want (EVGA 3090 hydro) even if I was OK with paying scalpers (which I am not).
exact same with me no major bugs or experience taking before 1.05 at all, after 1.05 cant run the game more then 4 minutes without a crash we [even have the same grafcs card] i even tried to put everithing on low specs just to se if it is my machine but it aint becouse everithing in low it can run like 10 min more but it crashes the same way. before 1.05 i was running everithing on ultra and psycho getting around 80/70 fps on 1080p

exact same with me no major bugs or experience taking before 1.05 at all, after 1.05 cant run the game more then 4 minutes without a crash we [even have the same grafcs card] i even tried to put everithing on low specs just to se if it is my machine but it aint becouse everithing in low it can run like 10 min more but it crashes the same way. before 1.05 i was running everithing on ultra and psycho getting around 80/70 fps on 1080p

Last edited:
Yes iam total unwillig to accept your expert tipps, right - sry dude don´t feel offended, that was not my intention. I can´t follow your suggestions as they make no sense, for me and for some others.

But i would like to grab some hardware infos, from User who experiencing issues

So iam on a Asrock H470M + i5 10400 (BFB ON/OFF makes no diff.), 32 GB RAM Kingston HyperX Pred., PC 5700XT, Chieftec 750w.

In my case the time span from which iam start playing, until crash is almost the same, so its something that gets triggered while gaming.
Anyone else playing from a USB-C/USB3 HDD/SSD, maybe power save is triggered, which would fit into the timespan?!

Guest 4478408

The game crashed ("flatlined") for the first time during an endgame (beyond point of no return) boss fight, and I haven't been able to load any of my save (auto or manual) since.

this sounds odd and not at all as if your gpu is the likely offender.
if it was me i would verify the installation and see if that fixes the problem.
IF this fixes your problem, also use a smart monitoring program to check your drive. if it shows your drive is dying, you know whats what.
if your drive is fine and thats an isolated incident, id probably ignore the issue untill something like that happend again.
if your drive is fine but you see data corruption on your drive a lot, this would indicate some other issue. instable memory could be one reason then.

if verifying your installation does not fix your issue, i dont think ill be able to solve this mystery remotely.

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x229.
File: <Unknown>(0)

Thats the error, the process wants to read something at 0x229 - but can´t.

Found a Fix at least for me, after remembering similiar issues with death stranding at release, i decided to remove 2 of the 4 rams - voila´ - played a good hour now.

But the Modules are fine, tested them while playing in another pc - no errors.
Now i switched the modules, and while iam typing here, the game runs in the background.

So my advice is, if your on 4 Rams - remove the 2nd and fourth (1 and 3)

Last edited:

Guest 4478408

you cant test ram by running a game for 30 minutes. even testing ram for a day using memtest86 with caching disabled can not guarantee memory is really stable.
thats why there are compatiblity lists provided by mainboard manufactureres that specify which modues run at which frequencies.
you also can not relay on autoconfiguration by xmp profiles to work flawless. in fact, the vast majority of systems i ever configurated required manual adjustments.
anyway. you likely found your problem. i would guess its possible to get all your 4 modules stable by tweaking frequences, timings and voltages.
to complex a topic to explain it all here. google will have all the info you need.

Yes iam total unwillig to accept your expert tipps, right - sry dude don´t feel offended, that was not my intention. I can´t follow your suggestions as they make no sense, for me and for some others.

But i would like to grab some hardware infos, from User who experiencing issues

So iam on a Asrock H470M + i5 10400 (BFB ON/OFF makes no diff.), 32 GB RAM Kingston HyperX Pred., PC 5700XT, Chieftec 750w.

In my case the time span from which iam start playing, until crash is almost the same, so its something that gets triggered while gaming.
Anyone else playing from a USB-C/USB3 HDD/SSD, maybe power save is triggered, which would fit into the timespan?!
i just removed my drivers from my card and installed it again for the second time and didnt experience a single crash been playing for an hour now

this sounds odd and not at all as if your gpu is the likely offender.
if it was me i would verify the installation and see if that fixes the problem.
IF this fixes your problem, also use a smart monitoring program to check your drive. if it shows your drive is dying, you know whats what.
if your drive is fine and thats an isolated incident, id probably ignore the issue untill something like that happend again.
if your drive is fine but you see data corruption on your drive a lot, this would indicate some other issue. instable memory could be one reason then.

if verifying your installation does not fix your issue, i dont think ill be able to solve this mystery remotely.

yes, well, I would tend to agree given I'm not having any issues with the GPU anywhere else, but... the 'flatline' dump shows a couple nvidia drivers (the jit compiler specifically) at the bottom of the stack... but I've seen this in other reports here, and could be completely irrelevant.

Also, unlike most of the reports here, I cannot play for "few minutes" before crashing... not even a few seconds... the game crashes immediately after loading the save right as it would normally start rendering first person perspective at the players saved position. Again, maybe irrelevant, but 100% reproducible... happens no matter which save (of about 50 manual and 10 auto) I try to load... they all crash right at the point of being loaded.

I have verified the files several times via Steam and even reinstalled the game completely. Same for the nvidia drivers using ddu. The system was built just a few months ago, the game install/data drives are all Samsung 970 pro nvme SSDs. OS is on an Intel Optane 905p... all drives in excellent health.

I suppose the one thing I haven't tried is doing a more thorough test of my RAM, or removing / swapping out new RAM (which thankfully I have extra 16GBx2) but the ram is also very high end and rated well above what the MB / bus requires. It's a water cooled system though, and I'm reluctant to start messing with any hardware until someone has a handle on what might be the cause... spent wayyy to much time troubleshooting this already on top of 80+ hours in game.

Top Bottom