Game crashes on load save game from in-game; crashes during Phantom Liberty decision (spoiler); and crashes upon starting Op55n1

+
As subject states, I am experiencing a bizarre combination of crashing issues. Every time I load the game while currently in-game using the "Reload Checkpoint" or "Load Game" options from the start menu, the game will crash. I am able to load games from the main menu upon launching the game, this crash can be circumvented.

Additionally, I am unable to begin the Nocturne Op55N1 mission. The moment I get in the elevator and hit the button, my game crashes. I am unable to complete the game as a result which is very disappointing. The only other time the game crashes in this manor is during Phantom Liberty if I choose the option to wipe the Engram. When I take the plane outside of Night City and undergo the operation, as soon as I "wake up" and start hearing doctors talk about me, the game will crash, making this another option I cannot experience.

I use Steam. I have tried updating all drivers, verifying integrity of files, reinstalling the game, amongst other various suggestions I have seen online. Looking forward to potential help, I love the game and really want to finish it.

(very) Important question : Do you use or ever used mods?
Then did you try to clean-install your drivers in case :
NVIDIA
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.
AMD
I. Uninstall your graphics drivers using the AMD Cleanup Utility software.
II. Download and clean install the latest drivers from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support
To "re-install" the game, did you use the launcher or clean install the game?

Hi, no I have never used mods. I have not tried a clean-install of my drivers. I'll give that a shot.

To re-install the game, I just used Steam which installs the launcher as well.

Hi, no I have never used mods. I have not tried a clean-install of my drivers. I'll give that a shot.

To re-install the game, I just used Steam which installs the launcher as well.
Ok, worth to try to clean-install your drivers in case.
If you never used mods, maybe not that useful to clean-install the game.

One thing, knowing "when" the game crash, maybe worth to try to disable the "cross-progression" feature in the settings if it's enabled (it caused some issues in the past).

Ok, worth to try to clean-install your drivers in case.
If you never used mods, maybe not that useful to clean-install the game.

One thing, knowing "when" the game crash, maybe worth to try to disable the "cross-progression" feature in the settings if it's enabled (it caused some issues in the past).
Drivers clean installed, followed the clean install guide for CP2077, turned off cross-progression feature, same crash at the same time still happens unfortunately.

Drivers clean installed, followed the clean install guide for CP2077, turned off cross-progression feature, same crash at the same time still happens unfortunately.
Annoying :(
Can you check if you have a save named something like "Point Of No Return" ?
(An automatic save which is normally created before get in the elevator and which is used to "respawn" you after the endings)

At least wait until tomorrow, try with the new 2.1 update and if the game still crash, send a ticket directly to the support ("contact us" button).

Annoying :(
Can you check if you have a save named something like "Point Of No Return" ?
(An automatic save which is normally created before get in the elevator and which is used to "respawn" you after the endings)

At least wait until tomorrow, try with the new 2.1 update and if the game still crash, send a ticket directly to the support ("contact us" button).
It is named "point of no return." Should I try from one of the other autosaves I have?

Editing to say my other save did not work either. The moment the Relic malfunction begins, game crash lol

Last edited:
It is named "point of no return." Should I try from one of the other autosaves I have?
Ok, if the save is here, that's fine. It was in case the game struggle and crash while creating this save.
Do you have a "manual" save created just before?
(Better to not use this save at all, it's just there to make you respawn after the end credits).

Ok, if the save is here, that's fine. It was in case the game struggle and crash while creating this save.
Do you have a "manual" save created just before?
(Better to not use this save at all, it's just there to make you respawn after the end credits).
Yeah I have 4 other auto saves that I kept from various side gigs I was doing before proceeding to the end of the game. I tried them and it did the same thing once I got into the elevator.

Yeah I have 4 other auto saves that I kept from various side gigs I was doing before proceeding to the end of the game. I tried them and it did the same thing once I got into the elevator.
Yeah, very strange the game always crash there :(
So wait tomorrow, to check if it's the same with the new patch (2.1). If the game still crash, send directly a ticket to the support (the sooner, the better).

Top Bottom