New Game+ explanation needed

+
I don't care about NG+ either, the only thing I'd like to do is keep my custom V, don't care about the stats or equipment, I just want the model.

Mass Effect used to have a character code that you could enter and it'd be your custom characters attributes, something like that would be appreciated, or just an option to load the character in.

Not going to say they shouldn't put a new game + in though, because there's obviously an appetite for it.

okay here is my honest thoughts on why i want a NG+

Weapon Wall display
Thanks to a bug with the mission where you get mugged and lose all your stuff i ended up with 2 skippy. one i kept somehow and the other was in the locker

So my wall is complete with all mission done. if they want to lock the wall and make those guns unavailable i am fine with that. If they reset all my perks and remove all other guns, that is fine to but i don't want to lose my wall

(But upon thinking about this with me basically going to end up living with the aldecaldos it might not matter much to me and i have considered a fresh restart)

So you basically want to start a new character and not have to do any of the work? Not how New Game+ works, and should never be. That'd be like me beating the original Resident Evil with Chris, and then having the unlimited rocket launcher with Jill. If you start a different character, than you should do the legwork.

Not really, no and you have misunderstood but I can see it from a point of view of where and why other gamers would want "God mode" as per the way you're explaining it, but most NG+ keep your perks while everything else resets, so in the case of CP2077, you would lose all of your weapons, clothing, cars, etc. You would only keep your perks.

NG+ for me would be a higher difficulty level while still keeping my existing perks so the game is scaled accordingly. AFAIK, if I do NG+ in The WItcher 3 GOTY, I keep all of my character progress and the world around me scales accordingly (if I have it enabled). I effectively replay the story either at the non scaled difficulty or scaled difficulty and I am allowed to continue character progression to get all of the perks and of course, make different decisions/take a different story arc in the game. If memory serves me right, I lose all my equipment and I need to get all of that again.

I loaded up CP2077 again yesterday and I'm at the final mission, I've completely forgotten how to play it, so I think I'm just going to replay the Nomad arc again to get to grips with the game again, taking advantage of playing it on Series X compared the One X previously and all of the new fixes.

Either way, previously we saw that NG+ was coming as per the data mining and if TW3 is anything to go by, it might come when the next story DLC's are released. I don't see NG+ as a negative thing anyway, I never have, it allows replayability and in the case of Deus Ex, it opens up different areas/avenues/options that you wouldn't have had available to you early on in the game on your first play through. I.e. I can access different areas because my character has the necessary buffs to do so. I can play more stealthily because my character has the relevant buffs. I can hack/access doors that I wouldn't otherwise have been able to because my character has the buffs to do so.

I don't really understand why people DON'T want NG+. If you don't want/despise NG+, all you need to do really is ignore it and not use it?

Last edited:
NG+ is a gamer standard feature of these types of video games.

NG+ in Cyberpunk... V meets the V character model of the previous game in 1 of 20 possible cutscenes. This character may or may not assist, revive, gift and /or inform V during the course of the game. Will have occasional cameos.

coming 1.6.

Not really, no and you have misunderstood but I can see it from a point of view of where and why other gamers would want "God mode" as per the way you're explaining it, but most NG+ keep your perks while everything else resets, so in the case of CP2077, you would lose all of your weapons, clothing, cars, etc. You would only keep your perks.

NG+ for me would be a higher difficulty level while still keeping my existing perks so the game is scaled accordingly. AFAIK, if I do NG+ in The WItcher 3 GOTY, I keep all of my character progress and the world around me scales accordingly (if I have it enabled). I effectively replay the story either at the non scaled difficulty or scaled difficulty and I am allowed to continue character progression to get all of the perks and of course, make different decisions/take a different story arc in the game. If memory serves me right, I lose all my equipment and I need to get all of that again.

I loaded up CP2077 again yesterday and I'm at the final mission, I've completely forgotten how to play it, so I think I'm just going to replay the Nomad arc again to get to grips with the game again, taking advantage of playing it on Series X compared the One X previously and all of the new fixes.

Either way, previously we saw that NG+ was coming as per the data mining and if TW3 is anything to go by, it might come when the next story DLC's are released. I don't see NG+ as a negative thing anyway, I never have, it allows replayability and in the case of Deus Ex, it opens up different areas/avenues/options that you wouldn't have had available to you early on in the game on your first play through.
you misunderstood what i said. You said you want to be able to switch lifepaths but have all your skills and weapons from the other. Basically creating a new character without having to do the work, which should never be a thing.

you misunderstood what i said. You said you want to be able to switch lifepaths but have all your skills and weapons from the other. Basically creating a new character without having to do the work, which should never be a thing.

With all due respect, no, it is you who is misunderstanding buddy, you chose to read that and misunderstood my initial response and I don't know how you got to that point considering I'm talking about Perks. My original response is below and as you can see, I don't make any mention to weapons or inventory, I mention perks and most NG+ playthroughs in other games keep perks across different playthroughs. inventory resets back to essentially nothing. For interest and not meaning to sound rude, have you actually played a game that has NG+ and utilised that feature? The way you come across is that you haven't and you don't understand how it works.

To be clear, you play one story arc, finish, start NG+, your perks move across (inventory and cyberware resets although I can see why some gamers would want to keep their existing cyberware. For me, I wouldn't be fussed if I kept it or lost it - in the case of Deus Ex, I'm fairly sure Jensens enhancements were carried across to the next playthrough) and you choose whatever story arc you want next, either the same or another and your playstyle evolves accordingly as the character has evolved. My post above this one explains it quite clearly.

I would iike NG+ because on my first playthrough I started off as a Nomad, now that I've played the game and finished the story, I want to start again while keeping my progress and go down the Street Kid route (where she is fairly perked up). Once that's done I want to do a Corpo (hopefully by Corpo time my V will be maxed out and to me anyway, fits in with the Corpo playthrough when she's fully maxed out and has every perk available (or close to)).

For me, NG+ allows me to continue the 3 different story arcs in the way I want them to be and builds the immersion for me.

NG+ is a gamer standard feature of these types of video games.

NG+ in Cyberpunk... V meets the V character model of the previous game in 1 of 20 possible cutscenes. This character may or may not assist, revive, gift and /or inform V during the course of the game. Will have occasional cameos.

coming 1.6.

Is it actually coming in 1.6 or is that another rumour? It was rumoured to be coming in 1.5.

Last edited:
yes I remember when GTAV could not handle the complex NPC character interactions sometimes, the 360
Post automatically merged:

With all due respect, no, it is you who is misunderstanding buddy, you chose to read that and misunderstood my initial response and I don't know how you got to that point considering I'm talking about Perks. My original response is below and as you can see, I don't make any mention to weapons or inventory, I mention perks and most NG+ playthroughs in other games keep perks across different playthroughs. inventory resets back to essentially nothing. For interest and not meaning to sound rude, have you actually played a game that has NG+ and utilised that feature? The way you come across is that you haven't and you don't understand how it works.

To be clear, you play one story arc, finish, start NG+, your perks move across (inventory and cyberware resets although I can see why some gamers would want to keep their existing cyberware. For me, I wouldn't be fussed if I kept it or lost it - in the case of Deus Ex, I'm fairly sure Jensens enhancements were carried across to the next playthrough) and you choose whatever story arc you want next, either the same or another and your playstyle evolves accordingly as the character has evolved. My post above this one explains it quite clearly.

Is it actually coming in 1.6 or is that another rumour? It was rumoured to be coming in 1.5.
1.5 just came out sir and/or ma'am... the general internet public are not aware of the future schedule plans.

I used NG+ only in two games - TW3 and DE:HR. In Human Revolution to play as a maxed out Jensen and breeze through the story, in TW3 so Geralt could wear matching set of grandmaster armour from the start and look good during cutscenes.
Edit: I forgot Mass Effect 1 - I wanted to equip my entire team with colossus armour + spectre master gear and I did after 3-4 playthroughs.
I don't really see NG+ being useful to me in Cyberpunk 2077.
I only did Ghost of Tsushima and they have a lot of content for the NG+ version, even collectibles just for it
Post automatically merged:

NG+ will probably come out as a last patch/dlc because they'll need to rebalance that whole NG+ playthrough. Since they are now rebalancing the base game that would mean that for every patch that rebalances the base game would take extra work to also rebalance the same systems on the NG+ one.

Last edited:
1.5 just came out sir and/or ma'am... the general internet public are not aware of the future schedule plans.

Yeah, exactly, so you saying it's coming in 1.6 is just a guess and another rumour buddy. Just like there was a rumour that it was coming in 1.5 along with the next gen patch.

No, it's not another "where's my NG+ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" thread.

It's the opposite.

Can one of the people whining about it for a year now, explain to me why you need it? Especially in the game which you finish with maxed out character level, 20 in two most important stats, 15-18 in a secondary one, maxed out perks in key skill trees... There's nowhere else to go. Nothing more to improve. Game is finished. It's not like Fallout 2 where you had 99 levels and you were finishing the game on level 35.

What's the deal here?
Well I can tell you why I want "new game +".

In December 2020 I played through a "half assed" game :sneaky:, more or less a shadow of what it could/should have been :censored:.
Storywise awesome... the rest... not so much(n).

Because I'm obviously a gullible sucker, I also did "the grind" (money, skillpoints, vehicles, mods, gear, lots of materials), to have a have a nice head start with a new game +, for when they fix their mess, and I can enjoy the game to "its full potential".
Well, its CD Projekt I thought, in the past they have always been awesome.... can't take them too long to clean ther sh&t up and claim back their throne .. I thought :rolleyes:.

Long story short, it's 2022(!) now and finally the game seems to be half way decent now.
But I sure as sh&t will not start from scratch again, to finally get my "enjoyable game experience" - more than a year after release.

I already "put in the work" (grind), now I just want to enjoy the fruits of my labor and NOT start from scratch again, turning around every cent before spending it.

Last edited by a moderator:
To replay the game making different decisions to see how things could have gone differently, without having to put as much effort on leveling, looting, etc. That was the purpose of NG+ when it was invented back in the '90s and continues to be its most useful aspect (generally) today.

surely there are areas that the player wasn't able to explore due to the limitation of the attributes points being spent on. the NewGame+ would make it easier to give a full exploration in those attributed required door or something.

surely there are areas that the player wasn't able to explore due to the limitation of the attributes points being spent on. the NewGame+ would make it easier to give a full exploration in those attributed required door or something.

These doors always dissapoint :sad:

Plus Having To Re-Grind StreetCred And Attribute Points For Legendary CyberDecks And Crafting Recipes Is Unacceptable tbh. Why Should I have to Do all that work AGAIN??? I'm definitely not Regrinding Eddies For All the vehicles i purchased. That was a chore in it self. Besides I want to Go to back to The Heist And steamroll Those Arasaka Chumps with My Legendary Quickhacks :D Kinda Wanna Start a male V so I can bang Kerry lol.

Last edited:
But in NG+ how do you deal with the Dex's situation (where V gets overpowered by some not so strong opponent)? It works currently because V is still weak at that point.

That's an example of the story and the gameplay being different. You can be level 10+ before the mission, and Dex's stooge will beat you no matter what.

True...and I wish they didn't allow you to level so much so early. Still the question stands. I can see NG+ working nicely in dark souls and such games, but not in CP77....

True...and I wish they didn't allow you to level so much so early. Still the question stands. I can see NG+ working nicely in dark souls and such games, but not in CP77..
What??? What do Souls games have to do with anything???? You're not making any sense. The Soul's games and cyberpunk are two completely different Game types... New game plus would make absolutely no sense in a souls game....

Top Bottom