New Game+ explanation needed

+
No, it's not another "where's my NG+ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" thread.

It's the opposite.

Can one of the people whining about it for a year now, explain to me why you need it? Especially in the game which you finish with maxed out character level, 20 in two most important stats, 15-18 in a secondary one, maxed out perks in key skill trees... There's nowhere else to go. Nothing more to improve. Game is finished. It's not like Fallout 2 where you had 99 levels and you were finishing the game on level 35.

What's the deal here?

I deleted all my saves and will start a fresh game, it's better that way.

My only disappointment was that there was nothing of the sort what is shown by these mods

I mean sure it must have taken a quite a lot of time for these modders to add these, but CDPR must have like 30-50 people working on these systems... like can't you just enable all of these?

At least making it possible to install 3rd party mods for the console players is a must for this game to start truly shining, if they aren't capable patching these in.

I'll probably wait a few weeks to see if these mods still work for 1.5 and then start playing with a serious tone.

Last edited:
Also i would like too point out that alot of people also just wanna continue there V. Restarting isent really the best way of doing it but atleast its something compared too a empty city with nothing too do.

People want to play the early part pf the game with their maxed characters.
But why? It doesn't make any sense story wise, doesn't take you anywhere since your char is lvl 50 anyway... It's pointless. Unless the point is to keep complaining?

I deleted all my saves and will start a fresh game, it's better that way.

My only disappointment was that there was nothing of the sort what is shown by these mods

I mean sure it must have taken a quite a lot of time for these modders to add these, but CDPR must have like 30-50 people working on these systems... like can't you just enable all of these?

At least making it possible to install 3rd party mods for the console players is a must for this game to start truly shining.
Issue with that is that you can always pick a mod that didn't ended up in the game and keep on criticizing. Plus mods don't have to realy worry about not working on all systems. But that's beside the point anyway... NG+ doesn't make sense.

Guest 3847602

I used NG+ only in two games - TW3 and DE:HR. In Human Revolution to play as a maxed out Jensen and breeze through the story, in TW3 so Geralt could wear matching set of grandmaster armour from the start and look good during cutscenes.
Edit: I forgot Mass Effect 1 - I wanted to equip my entire team with colossus armour + spectre master gear and I did after 3-4 playthroughs.
I don't really see NG+ being useful to me in Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited by a moderator:
But why? It doesn't make any sense story wise, doesn't take you anywhere since your char is lvl 50 anyway... It's pointless. Unless the point is to keep complaining?

What part of leveling makes sense storywise? That is pure game mechanics and has nothing to do with the story.

It would be far cooler to level up a character if we had animated scenes at a ripperdoc though and not just them standing there like a NPC from early 2000s.

What part of leveling makes sense storywise? That is pure game mechanics and has nothing to do with the story.
Dunno... Starting as low level nobody with shitty gun and ending up as faster than sound, cybered up, fully armoured top tier badass taking down one of the NC legends or lowlife scum locked in prison without any paticular skills ending up saving the world from ancient godlike threat sunds like it has everything to do with the story.
In every RPG leveling is required by the story, because in pretty much all of them you start as a newbie and end up being The One.

Dunno... Starting as low level nobody with shitty gun and ending up as faster than sound, cybered up, fully armoured top tier badass taking down one of the NC legends or lowlife scum locked in prison without any paticular skills ending up saving the world from ancient godlike threat sunds like it has everything to do with the story.
In every RPG leveling is required by the story, because in pretty much all of them you start as a newbie and end up being The One.

This has nothing to do with leveling. It would make more sense for you to buy better guns and cybernetics as you improve in street cred.

This has nothing to do with leveling. It would make more sense for you to buy better guns and cybernetics as you improve in street cred.
Maybe I missunderstood, but when I complete the Star ending, I'm always level 50, Street Cred 50, all my equiped weapons are upgraded level 50 fully modded with legendary mods (the same with clothes) and all my cyberwares are the best that I can equip (with my attribute).
So in short, if I restart with my stuff, I will no longer need any weapons, clothes, cyberwares or anything in fact.

No, it's not another "where's my NG+ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" thread.

It's the opposite.

Can one of the people whining about it for a year now, explain to me why you need it? Especially in the game which you finish with maxed out character level, 20 in two most important stats, 15-18 in a secondary one, maxed out perks in key skill trees... There's nowhere else to go. Nothing more to improve. Game is finished. It's not like Fallout 2 where you had 99 levels and you were finishing the game on level 35.

What's the deal here?

I would iike NG+ because on my first playthrough I started off as a Nomad, now that I've played the game and finished the story, I want to start again while keeping my progress and go down the Street Kid route (where she is fairly perked up). Once that's done I want to do a Corpo (hopefully by Corpo time my V will be maxed out and to me anyway, fits in with the Corpo playthrough when she's fully maxed out and has every perk available (or close to)).

For me, NG+ allows me to continue the 3 different story arcs in the way I want them to be and builds the immersion for me.

We know NG+ is apparently coming from datamining and if TW3 was anything to go by, we'll have NG+. For me, the lack of NG+ is stopping me from replaying the game again.
Post automatically merged:

I used NG+ only in two games - TW3 and DE:HR. In Human Revolution to play as a maxed out Jensen and breeze through the story, in TW3 so Geralt could wear matching set of grandmaster armour from the start and look good during cutscenes.
Edit: I forgot Mass Effect 1 - I wanted to equip my entire team with colossus armour + spectre master gear and I did after 3-4 playthroughs.

I didn't know you could do NG+ in DE:HR, I must have missed that but I have replayed the game at least twice. Fantastic game.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

I didn't know you could do NG+ in DE:HR, I must have missed that but I have replayed the game at least twice. Fantastic game.
Yeah, NG+ wasn't there originally, it was only included in Director's Cut. Fantastic game, indeed (though, not as good as the first DE).

Yeah, NG+ wasn't there originally, it was only included in Director's Cut. Fantastic game, indeed (though, not as good as the first DE).

Ah, so it's not in the standard edition of the game?

Got a big soft spot for DE games, played all of them, multiple times and enjoyed them every single time.

Personal opinion, NG+ is a cheap gimmick masquerading as something extra. Always has been. So the complaint surrounding it doesn't resonate with me either.

To devils advocate a bit, people want features and functionality for many reasons. Wanting X, Y or Z and expressing disappointment because it's not there kind of goes with the territory of creative works.

I don't care anymore about ng+ because the experience is better from the start but I need higher difficulty.
And if possible more end game content, the last mission comes way too fast and we were all frustrated about it while wanting to keep our character and progression to immerse more into the world, we didn't have enough of it in short that's why everyone wanted ng+.
Also at initial release economy didn't allow you to buy everything thats why we wanted ng+ too.

I would iike NG+ because on my first playthrough I started off as a Nomad, now that I've played the game and finished the story, I want to start again while keeping my progress and go down the Street Kid route (where she is fairly perked up). Once that's done I want to do a Corpo (hopefully by Corpo time my V will be maxed out and to me anyway, fits in with the Corpo playthrough when she's fully maxed out and has every perk available (or close to)).

For me, NG+ allows me to continue the 3 different story arcs in the way I want them to be and builds the immersion for me.
So you basically want to start a new character and not have to do any of the work? Not how New Game+ works, and should never be. That'd be like me beating the original Resident Evil with Chris, and then having the unlimited rocket launcher with Jill. If you start a different character, than you should do the legwork.

I'm not interested about NG+ what comes to my experience but it's a feature that appear to be frequently asked.

There's also interesting that IMO most productive discussions relevant to game difficulty also tended to feature NG+ as NG+ could have exclusive features like Ultrahard difficulty with enemies packing a lot of cyberware, taking better advantage of quickhacks and that and that's very important because that might be a recipe for getting real challenging combat, without turning enemies to bullet sponges.

I definitely see that combination as a where CP 2077 could meet most hardcore percentage of games audience, without making game boring bullet sponge experience for others.

What comes to the rest, wanting to play game in practically God mode, maybe take a short cut for completing game in hardest difficulty, getting more value for money. It's not me nor you, but I don't see it strange as it appears that have place in gaming culture.

For NG+ to be meaningful the game has to be planned as such right from the conceptual stage. "Meaningful" would be enemies with new abilities and more potent equipment that became available only to players starting NG+. Otherwise it's just the same as starting a new game but with the player and enemies having higher numbers.
My only experience with NG+ in gaming is TW3 and I consider it to be much easier, simply because Geralt starts with Aerondight (probably) that never gets obsolete; superior versions of all potions, oils and bombs; a pretty decently developed skill tree; and some mutations already under the belt. Gold is not a problem and neither are ingredients. Compare this to a regular start, where I had to scrimp and save, search for recipes, steal everything not bolted down and pick every bush for ingredients just to get by.
I doubt that a proper NG+ has been planned for CP2077. Even if CDPR were to implement it subsequently, it's basically MOTS (more of the same) - just you and enemies with higher numbers - unless some serious thought goes into the design and development of the DLC. Which I doubt very much they have the time for as CDPR have their hands full as it is - hopefully there are more patches/DLCs to come with more features (e.g. paint jobs for V's cars; garage to show off his vehicular trophies) PLUS the promised expansions.

Top Bottom