What''s the deal with CDProjekt Red locking players from returning to previous playable areas?

+
I just don't get the logic with preventing players from having players revisit previous areas.
For example, Konpeki Plaza has some highly missable loot and the Iguana Egg.

I don't get why CD Projekt Red is locking players from re-entering that location.
I'm seeing thousands of Youtube videos on how to glitch back into the building and get that missing iconic weapon if you didn't bother to explore the rooftop because the game provided you with a sense of false urgency when there isn't. This is no time sensitivity at all and players who genuinely play the game will feel a sense of regret when they realize they fucked up 50 hours in and want to collect everything realizing they can't. It would be nice just to simply walk in grab what was missing and move on. Players would do some parkour shit and glitch to get something they missed out on or explore boundaries out of curiosity.

I just don't get the game design at all. Players feel a sense of regret and if anything they are more compelled to play a guide rather than play a game.
Why bother playing the game blind when there is a high probability that if you do you will be locked out of certain endings and iconic weapons.
The choices don't feel balanced at all. Either you make these choices or make these choices and get nothing.

Just some bewildering game design choices.
Save Takamura or don't. If you don't you miss out on the achievement and text messages from him.
There is no balanced choice if you didn't that would give you an alternative choice that feels relatively balanced and equal.
Just saying the choices feel lacking and the consequences even so.

Hopefully, there are some rewards for players who chose the natural options if they hurt Fingers or didn't save Takemura, some choices for those players that missed out.

Just my two cents.

I will sound like a old gramdpa, but in my days of gaming which are probably long gone except for Cyberpunk or some simulators you used to play a game to live a story and not cput some rewards or achievements at a first place. Well if some people prefer a chase after them, then I guess you make an effort to read and know where to look and prioritize exploring of areas instead of going with a plot.

I`m pretty sure that they made this choice because it would feel really stupid to visit Yorinobu suite or even going close to Konpeki plaza after a Heist. Yeah, it would be accepted by a game which is some sandbox or doesnt care about keeping things even a bit realistic, but looks like devs were aiming higher than that.

This is not only a deal with CD Projekt Red. Few days ago, I wanted to open a thread about all these games that close certain main quest locations to the player after you finish the missions related to them.
My first "bad" experience with this was the Doge's Palace in Assassin's Creed II, and since then in so many games, not only in C2077 whick stays rather open by taking advantage of mods (on PC at least), I've often been disappointed not to have the ability to revisit some previous locations without glitching.
It's a "feature" inherent to video games themselves, not just Cyberpunk. In video games, this mostly concerns interior environments that are open for the duration of a specific mission and then closed afterwards. Nothing new.

I will sound like a old gramdpa, but in my days of gaming which are probably long gone except for Cyberpunk or some simulators you used to play a game to live a story and not cput some rewards or achievements at a first place. Well if some people prefer a chase after them, then I guess you make an effort to read and know where to look and prioritize exploring of areas instead of going with a plot.

I`m pretty sure that they made this choice because it would feel really stupid to visit Yorinobu suite or even going close to Konpeki plaza after a Heist. Yeah, it would be accepted by a game which is some sandbox or doesnt care about keeping things even a bit realistic, but looks like devs were aiming higher than that.

This is my view on things as well. Who says that we need to get absolutely everything in games? Roll with your character and unique story instead. There is no need to obsessively compare what you do in your game to what everyone else is doing.

And it can lead to fun things when replaying as well. I completely missed the gun in Yorinobu's suite the first time around (didn't think to look for it even though I'm pretty sure I scanned it in the braindance) but was pleasantly surprised that you could find when I replayed it.

That being said, I think it's cool when games allow you to visit key story locations later on and the locations have somehow changed. It would've been cool to revisit Konpeki plaza in some other capacity because... it's just a cool location. But not just so I don't miss out on the loot or "content".

I think spawning different enemy factions in these areas would be a better alternative than closing them after the events of the story. It would offer the chance to revisit and add replay value.

There are even cool interiors from side gigs that get closed. Why not have a few in game days pass and then have Scavs takeover? You know instead of permanently locking down that cool warehouse, office, or condo.

Top Bottom