Really big Thumbs Up for CDPR with 2.1... however...

+

Surma.

Forum regular
I wasn't really expecting too much of changes but damn there's actually some pretty nice stuff being added. Smasher looking a bit more like anime villain, gangs attacking you randomly now instead of just witnessing events etc. METRO SYSTEM?!? Very nice. Damn nice to see these quality of life updates being added.

However no mention of 3rd person mode... It's just something been bugging me since release that we got so many nice cosmetics out there and we can only see them in menu.

So I'd say this was 99% win, and probably will make new players very happy with the game... but to get old players back into the game, the 3rd person could be something that would make playerbase stay above 50 000 in steam to infinity.

So I got fingers crossed for 2.2 patch where this could be added, along with some other details like drinking/eating in restaurants granting bonuses, rather than you having to go in menu and then pressing on an item.

I think if these two would be added, this game would easily go from 92% positive to 99% positive steady flow in newer reviews. I think it would be totally worth the investment, especially considering future of the franchise.

-

Anyway, thanks a lot for working and improving the product. Can't wait to play this game in lets say 4-10 years when I'm able to run this with whatever comes after Path Tracing, in 144fps mode etc. :D

This is not metro or NGplus which at least have been questioned and taken into consideration, 3rd person never seemed like an option to begin with because the game is designed to be experienced in 1st person only. That's why 3rd person mods look very off.

This is more of a question if Cyberpunk sequel will have 3rd person.

Surma.

Forum regular
This is not metro or NGplus which at least have been questioned and taken into consideration, 3rd person never seemed like an option to begin with because the game is designed to be experienced in 1st person only. That's why 3rd person mods look very off.

This is more of a question if Cyberpunk sequel will have 3rd person.
There is 3rd person in game, it's just only when you're in a car or motorcycle, which includes head tracking to the character who you're talking to, lip-syncing with audio etc.

We also can see V in 3rd person when hacking a camera, so it's not like we are stuck inside in our heads.

---

Only thing missing is adding this elsewhere, since it's clearly possible to move camera away from 1st person.

Sure it's an angle they went for, but it's a very weird angle considering the existence of 3rd person in vehicles. It's just something that was very much anticipated / requested and CDPR has been following through with a ton of updates from 1.5 to 2.0 and now 2.1.

All we need now, on top of bug fixes is camera to be set into 3rd person.

Why not?

---

Of course it's not easy as "just do it" and have someone buy the modders code, because we know what it looks when modders just force the camera in other angle, with the strange body + movement due to game still thinking the camera is on top of players head.

If they did some "if" option to the animations, and added some NPC movement animations to the 3rd person, it'd be possible. Of course it would require some extra assets... but once again, this is going to be FRANCHISE, so getting it right would help to solve what sort of direction game needs to go, it's in everyone's wish book even for just being able to walk outside the city in 'cruising' mode, with slow walk and having V show off the clothes. Maybe even doing poses from the camera mode.

---

I only see one obstacle and that's some extra work on facial animations of V whenever in dialogue, and some events in game where character just appears behind a player. But those can be remade, and I don't think there's "WAY TOO MANY".

I mean in worst case scenario you could just lock V in first person for cinematic events and dialogues, but still would enable V for 3rd person in combat or at least cruising.

There should be option to completely:

- Lock game in 1st person, including vehiceles (default)
- Lock game in 3rd person
- Hybrid

Last edited:
What surprises me most is that nobody ever talks about adding feminine walking, sitting, running, and shooting animations. All of female V's animations are copied from male V. I'm not a programmer but I don't think it would be that hard. It would also be nice to see female characters wearing skirts sitting with their legs crossed instead of sitting as if they were wearing pants. And for those people who are so inclined, imagine giving Male V the female animations.

Given how much time and effort they have put into these updates, it would be nice to add this.

There is 3rd person in game, it's just only when you're in a car or motorcycle, which includes head tracking to the character who you're talking to, lip-syncing with audio etc.

We also can see V in 3rd person when hacking a camera, so it's not like we are stuck inside in our heads.

---

Only thing missing is adding this elsewhere, since it's clearly possible to move camera away from 1st person.

Sure it's an angle they went for, but it's a very weird angle considering the existence of 3rd person in vehicles. It's just something that was very much anticipated / requested and CDPR has been following through with a ton of updates from 1.5 to 2.0 and now 2.1.

All we need now, on top of bug fixes is camera to be set into 3rd person.

Why not?

---

Of course it's not easy as "just do it" and have someone buy the modders code, because we know what it looks when modders just force the camera in other angle, with the strange body + movement due to game still thinking the camera is on top of players head.

If they did some "if" option to the animations, and added some NPC movement animations to the 3rd person, it'd be possible. Of course it would require some extra assets... but once again, this is going to be FRANCHISE, so getting it right would help to solve what sort of direction game needs to go, it's in everyone's wish book even for just being able to walk outside the city in 'cruising' mode, with slow walk and having V show off the clothes. Maybe even doing poses from the camera mode.

---

I only see one obstacle and that's some extra work on facial animations of V whenever in dialogue, and some events in game where character just appears behind a player. But those can be remade, and I don't think there's "WAY TOO MANY".

I mean in worst case scenario you could just lock V in first person for cinematic events and dialogues, but still would enable V for 3rd person in combat or at least cruising.

There should be option to completely:

- Lock game in 1st person, including vehiceles (default)
- Lock game in 3rd person
- Hybrid
I think the points you made here are excellent, and really hit home with a lot of my own opinions.

This is something that has been talked to death here on the forums and based on everything we've seen about it I wouldn't get my hopes up.

And honestly while I personally don't disagree with you, TPP would be a nice addition if you could just toggle it on and off, I've compared it to Fallout in the past, I'd like it while just walking around NC taking in the sites.

But.... It's most likely not going to happen, CDPR have made it pretty clear, it was a creative decision not to include it, there has been a ton of discussion about how in a very early build it looks like it was there because of some dev footage in the documentary, maybe it was removed, maybe it was just working in a tool set and never actually in game, who knows for sure. It sounds like it's not about if they can do it but if they want to do it, and CDPR have said that they felt like with the story they were telling and the game they were making FPP was the better more immersive choice, and they have no plans to add TPP to CP2077.... Maybe it will be considered for the sequel whenever we finally see what ever Orion becomes.

Now I should add, they said some similar stuff about the metro, that it didn't work how they liked, so they removed it, and there was no plan to add it back into the game, and well, they eventually did, so I don't want to say it's impossible. But I think most of us are surprised that 2.1 is even a thing with so many new additions, it would be almost unbelievable if a 2.2 update came around early next year and brought TPP with it. But with how many times it's come up, and the little CDPR has commented on it, I really don't think it's going to happen, but like I've said before more player choice is a good thing so here's hoping I'm wrong, or that we at least get the option in Orion.

What surprises me most is that nobody ever talks about adding feminine walking, sitting, running, and shooting animations. All of female V's animations are copied from male V. I'm not a programmer but I don't think it would be that hard. It would also be nice to see female characters wearing skirts sitting with their legs crossed instead of sitting as if they were wearing pants. And for those people who are so inclined, imagine giving Male V the female animations.

Given how much time and effort they have put into these updates, it would be nice to add this.
I'm not sure how the shooting animations would be different? But the others are already in game, I'm not sure why they weren't applied to the player character.

It's what should have been in the game at lauch..
Better late than never. They could have just abandoned the game completely, but they didn't. So we're getting things that they probably couldn't implement back then...now. Better than not getting them at all. And they're free.

If they were going to invest the extra money in animations and models for 3rd person I'd rather they really complete the first person aspect to a higher degree first. The arms/weapons and animations we got do deserve a passing grade, but they should have been immaculate and far more customizable given that they get the most screen time out of anything in the game save the UI.

The third person animations we got for swinging a sword on a motorcycle make me glad the game is first person only most of the time. 3rd person would look so jank unless they decided to get serious.

I wasn't really expecting too much of changes but damn there's actually some pretty nice stuff being added. Smasher looking a bit more like anime villain, gangs attacking you randomly now instead of just witnessing events etc. METRO SYSTEM?!? Very nice. Damn nice to see these quality of life updates being added.

However no mention of 3rd person mode... It's just something been bugging me since release that we got so many nice cosmetics out there and we can only see them in menu.

So I'd say this was 99% win, and probably will make new players very happy with the game... but to get old players back into the game, the 3rd person could be something that would make playerbase stay above 50 000 in steam to infinity.

So I got fingers crossed for 2.2 patch where this could be added, along with some other details like drinking/eating in restaurants granting bonuses, rather than you having to go in menu and then pressing on an item.

I think if these two would be added, this game would easily go from 92% positive to 99% positive steady flow in newer reviews. I think it would be totally worth the investment, especially considering future of the franchise.

-

Anyway, thanks a lot for working and improving the product. Can't wait to play this game in lets say 4-10 years when I'm able to run this with whatever comes after Path Tracing, in 144fps mode etc. :D
I am super happy about 2.1, it is a welcome surprise update! On the flip side though, I agree about adding a few more cool features. Yes, I'm getting a bit greedy here but hear me out...I think that being able to order/eat food in restos and stalls like in GTA:SA/Yakuza/P5R etc. would be a great add-on to immersion. And while I'd be fine with or without a 3rd person view one thing I would like to see them add is car customization. I know they did not make any promises about that but I want that feature, especially in a game like Cyberpunk. Heck, I'd be fine even with just being able to change the vehicle colours and add stickers.

With PL being more spy/assassin based it would be good if this can be carried across all missions, so that if you kill someone silently, that afterwards you are not then hacked by someone in the area that has not seen you or make it so that hacks can be used as covert the same way weapons can be.
Post automatically merged:

So after looking about in the forums, there is refs to Patch 2.02 already being out but the patch coming on 05/12 (5th Dec) is saying it is Patch 2.01, is something being missed or have the patch releases been mixed up?

Last edited:
So after looking about in the forums, there is refs to Patch 2.02 already being out but the patch coming on 05/12 (5th Dec) is saying it is Patch 2.01, is something being missed or have the patch releases been mixed up?
Should be 2.1

Additional content typically moves a higher digit in the patch name. Next after that will likely be 2.11

CDPR has made it very clear, even back in 2020, that they have no plans for a third-person mode.

Frankly, with how gameplay works, I don't think it would gel very well.

One thing that drives me nuts is there aren't actually that many gang attacks.
It seemed there was at first, right after the patch, then they just completely stopped.
Also, the Trauma Team vs gang that takes place on the newly opened highway never resets for me. I did it once on each of my different game saves, then that was it.
Otherwise, though there are still plenty of things that REALLY should be added to the game to take it to the level of perfection, the new patch and additions have been outstanding, and PL was incredible, IMO.

It seemed there was at first, right after the patch, then they just completely stopped.
Also, the Trauma Team vs gang that takes place on the newly opened highway never resets for me. I did it once on each of my different game saves, then that was it.
yeah gang atks are tied to quest-decisions and therefor are set to a limited amount. The Trauma Team (and other events as well) are coded with 1-time only appearance - which is a bit questionable because you can miss/lockout items the way its currently is (at least the BFC9K event is reported and in "gathering data" state...) :(

For gang atks i whish they would be repeatedly triggerable in some way... like autofixer and races are unlimited as well... why arent gang atks? (There should be a way to make them optional rather than force them on everyone tho...)

edit: they could tie them to several autofixer gigs f.e - the ones you steal gang cars for Muamar… It would make sense at least a little bit : /

Last edited:
Yes! This! Please this!

I’d love to see the chaos when roaming that you see in Assassins Creed Syndicate. One gang attacking another and then the police getting involved. And you rushing in to try to save as many civilians as you can. Let’s at least add a menu option to crank up the number of random gang fights we run into when we‘re out in the world!
Otherwise, though there are still plenty of things that REALLY should be added to the game to take it to the level of perfection, the new patch and additions have been outstanding, and PL was incredible, IMO.

Top Bottom