The Witcher franchise thread

+
I'm going to offer this here before I move it to the much busier Witcher forums. The GOG pre-order for TW3 comes with a code to redeem the first issue of the Witcher comic book (digital copy). I already have a physical copy of this comic and don't care to have a digital version (been sitting on it all month actually). If anyone wants it just send me a PM, if there are no claims I'll post the offer in the Witcher forums tomorrow.

No. Still trying to figure the best way to get the CE here to Canada.

Sard, will you be participating in this constest -you could win your medallion! :p- or Moderators arent allowed?

View attachment 4886

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Paper Toys + Contest

New GOG.com-exclusive bonus content for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt + hot photo contest!

GOG.com digital edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt just got even more extensive than it already was! We've just added six templates for papercraft toy figurines of Geralt of Rivia, Triss Merigold, Yennefer of Vengerberg, Ciri the Lion Cub of Cintra, Eredin of the Wild Hunt, and Leshen the Forest Spirit. They've been designed exclusively for GOG.com by the top paper toy artist Tougui, and are available with every DRM-Free copy of CD Projekt RED's upcoming RPG epic. If you've pre-ordered The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com, you can download the PDF figurine templates right away!

We do hope you'll enjoy our official Witcher 3 paper toys. You can expect more GOG.com-exclusive bonus content to be added to our digital edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, before the game's launch on February 24th, 2015. Now, since these here are paper toys not paper ornaments, let's have some fun!

View attachment 4887

What you can see above, is an unexpected encounter between Geralt the Witcher, the Sorceress Yennefer, and Leshen, the elder forest demon. You can feel the tension in the air, as Geralt readies his silver sword, Yen gathers her mystical powers, and the beast slowly draws near. If you can take the paper toys and arrange an exciting scene (or a funny one, or beautiful, or…), you'll get a chance to win one of three amazing prizes! A wolf head medallion, a gorgeous Artbook, and for the first place - a sculpture of Geralt battling the mighty griffin! Each of the prizes will come complete with an official Witcher 3 T-shirt.

[BNow, wouldn't it be amazing to get your hands on that fantastic Collector's Edition figure before anyone else? How to enter? How to win? Just follow these simple guidelines:

1. Download and assemble the paper toys (templates are now available with your GOG.com pre-order of the game).

2. Arrange them into a scene that will capture our attention, and snap a photo.

3. Give your photo a title and tweet it with the #PaperWitcher hashtag (just a general tweet, please--don't start it with "@GOGcom). Multiple entries are allowed.

4. Not a Twitter user? No problem. Post your entries below, right here in the GOG.com forum thread.

5. Your photo will be added to a curated gallery that will launch as soon as we get enough photos. The gallery will be updated periodically. By submitting your work, you grant us the right to re-post it in the gallery and CD Projekt RED / GOG.com communications channels.

6. Post-processing is allowed. Adding elements in PhotoShop (or equivalent) is fine, as long as the final effect still looks more like a photo than computer graphics.

7. You have to enter the contest before Thursday, July 31, at 9:59AM GMT.

Once the submissions are closed, a joint-team of CD Projekt RED and GOG.com judges will pick the winners. We reserve the right to award any additional number of honorable mentions. The winners will be announced and the prizes will be shipped within 3 weeks after the submissions are closed.

We wish you all a good time in the fantastic world of The Witcher paper toys, and best of luck in the contest![/B]

Attachments

• aacd64b23347cd2861ac6ee4261b91cadd1f4d95.jpg
    aacd64b23347cd2861ac6ee4261b91cadd1f4d95.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 2960ff32d2cb3a6547f071b5d01cdc6f8c68a9b5.jpg
    2960ff32d2cb3a6547f071b5d01cdc6f8c68a9b5.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
AGGGH.

IT IS MY NEMESIS: ART!

NNNOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I lack the means of taking photo's or printing out the paper crafts for that matter so I won't be. But I have the files downloaded anyway.

:sad:

Oh well my CE pre-order is secure.

Wait.

You have -no way- to take a pic or print an image? No cell phone with camera? No printer or printing place nearby?

Yeah I have a phone with a camera but this comes from the age of shit camera phones. I don't have a Printer no but there places that can do it nearby though I have better things to put my money on.

Yeah I have a phone with a camera but this comes from the age of shit camera phones. I don't have a Printer no but there places that can do it nearby though I have better things to put my money on.

...ahh...ah..gasp.

BETTER MONEY?!

Oh, wait, you already have your CE.

Well, seems everybody is either lazy or filthy rich, so no need to have some fun with a cool contest... Maybe I have a chance of winning smthg after all... :p

I DO HAVE a graphic design shop nearby, and a 15 years old dig camera (which is drawing its final breaths as we speak), so I'll give it a try.
If you dont mind, I'll post my entries here as well, you'll have a laugh.

View attachment 4900

PS: By the way, Lady Yennefer DOES look a little bit like Michael Jackson, dont you think so? :p

PSS: The "lazy" bit goes for Sard, of course. :p

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I AM SO DAMN RICH.

So rich I've hired someone to order 24 extra copies of the Witcher CE JUST so I can use them to stop my Rolls-Royce as it arrives in it's berth.

Yes.

Sneeeeeeer.

Attachments

• GERALTS NIGHTMARE.jpg
    GERALTS NIGHTMARE.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 35
  • KILLING_MONSTERS.jpg
    KILLING_MONSTERS.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 60
  • TRISS MIRROR.jpg
    TRISS MIRROR.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 36
  • GERALT WILD HUNT.jpg
    GERALT WILD HUNT.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 34
is Witcher 2 self-contained vis-a-vis Witcher 1?

Which should I start with?

Good question.

Ah, Witcher 1 is a little old-school RPG ish, for several reasons. If you liked Neverwinter Nights, for example, try Witcher 1.

Otherwise, go with Witcher 2. It's easily self-contained enough to make playing Witcher 1 unnecessary.

Your reflexes are probably pretty jumped-up video game wise, Poet, so set it to Dark mode and have fun.

Forum veteran
For the optimal experience, you're going to want to crank everything up to ultra, including ubersampling. You really want to make sure you get a crisp 12-14 FPS, as any more than that will just distract you. I mean, do you really want all those frames hitting your eye holes every second? That's got to be unhealthy.

You should also overclock your video card since the game handles overclocking with grace. Then, be sure to start the game at the Insane difficulty. It's a great starting point for newbies to learn the game because it only gets easier from there, right?

(And Neverwinter Nights is trash. I literally fell asleep playing it. The first Witcher game is a masterpiece, though. It has less action than 2, but more squishy, delightful RPG-ness.)

Top Bottom