Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotten nice bit cooler over here, apparently we're getting the tail end of a hurricane from over the pond. Lovely bit of rain and wind.
@SerieLis. Good luck wi basic and your tour, keep your head down, chin up and never volunteer.

Last edited:
That's what i supposed to do...i think, like chocolate, small boost for a certain duration and then it wears off and you even become more tired than before...

Assuming, of course, that the damn stuff doesn't melt in your hands! It takes ages to get it off!

@Blothufur We've mostly been getting light showers. There was also an 18 degree heat spike for a brief period today. It didn't last long of course!

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever been in such heat. One time at 35º I thought I would die, at least from dehydration since I wouldn't stop sweating.

There's only a way of acting: don't move, be in a wide shadow place and drink water and more water.....

Assuming, of course, that the damn stuff doesn't melt in your hands! It takes ages to get it off!

Not really...washing your hands or taking a quick shower gets it off just fine...unless it goes to your cloths then washing machine is the answer, of course the frustration comes first.

P.S: Dark Chocolate is my favorite, and funny fact, Dentist recommend it over any other kinda, for it melts into your mouth and not ruins your teeth as others do.

There's only a way of acting: don't move, be in a wide shadow place and drink water and more water.....

It's quite a problem when you are at the bathroom...at the highest floor with no air conditioner, closed quarters...you only go out after you took a shower, if not...then...well you can figure it out.

Gotten nice bit cooler over here, apparently we're getting the tail end of a hurricane from over the pond. Lovely bit of rain and wind.

Oh! the tail of the tail of this hurricane will arrive here in two days... leave me a bit of cold air, please!

No, it's more like Geralt does it:
I drink a concoction of coffee and it grants me superhuman powers and reflexes for a short duration.

Some endurance athletes swear by caffeine, at a dose of 3 mg/kg or even more. I've encountered athletes who are very demanding about their coffee. My daughter's school hosted the Serbian national water polo team some years ago. They all wanted espresso, made just so. We only had drip coffee
:sad:

Our choir director tries to sharpen up the sopranos and tenors by telling us to drink 2 cups of coffee before practice.
I tell him I take mine as concentrate.

Really no one has nothing to talk about, no news, from no one else?
some topics, everything could start a conversation...

Mhmmmm coffee. Drink it by the pot. Morning, noon and night, rain or shine, dead of winter or a hot summers day, coffee is the perfect thirst quencher. The nectar of the gods :yes

One of these days I'll get a French press. One of these days :p

Say it ain't so. Please.

Robin Williams, dead at 63, in what appears to be suicide.

Marin County Coroner:
On August 11, 2014, at approximately 11:55 am, Marin County Communications received a 9-1-1 telephone call reporting a male adult had been located unconscious and not breathing inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon, CA. The Sheriff’s Office, as well as the Tiburon Fire Department and Southern Marin Fire Protection District were dispatched to the incident with emergency personnel arriving on scene at 12:00 pm. The male subject, pronounced deceased at 12:02 pm has been identified as Robin McLaurin Williams, a 63 year old resident of unincorporated Tiburon, CA.

An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Divisions of the Sheriff’s Office. Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates Mr. Williams was last seen alive at his residence, where he resides with his wife, at approximately 10:00 pm on August 10, 2014. Mr. Williams was located this morning shortly before the 9-1-1 call was placed to Marin County Communications. At this time, the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made. A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent toxicology testing to be conducted.

Last edited:
What?! I can't believe it! The man was a legend, why would he commit suicide?

Williams’ publicist, Mara Buxbaum, released a statement saying the comedian “has been battling severe depression as of late.”

“This is a tragic and sudden loss,” Buxbaum said. “The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

He had more than his share of troubles with cocaine, alcohol, heart disease, and depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom