Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top o the mornin to ya.... or whatever time it is.
I didn't know, that we have saboteur in local moderation hansa.

@wichat

Cheers!

Just read a few pages of the Gwent thing (wonder if anybody in Gwent'll be playing Gwent?) Drinks for all the mods, genuine Blothulfur's fortified gutrot, aged in the cask and with a slight flavour of drowned rat to add to the bouquet.

Edit: If it helps I recently got a huge consignment of air guitars, maybe we could bundle one with each copy of the Wild Hunt?

Last edited:
Alright guys and gals . I know this thread isn`t for gaming per se but I need to know about Gamescom . I didn`t quite get to do much seeing this weekend . But I did see Kinley`s thread and Zorn`s twitter page and believe it or not that`s all i got to see of Gamescom . Thank you for those guys it was appreciated . Now fill me in or was it just forgettable .

Hello everybody! I'll have a Glass of red wine!
So How was the Gamescom?
I couldn't go there this year 'cause I'm a broke student stuck in Provence (in France, you know Van Gogh, white stones, lavander, and shit..)! (too much sun here, I gonna melt :O)

Call me weird, but I'd take rainy weather over sunny any time.

You're weird...but then again so am I. Unlike most people I save for sunny days. :happy:

I love nice weather, but nice in my perspective is all about how I feel and the atmosphere of it all. It could be sunny or rainy weather, I like it. In moderation of course. A week of rain in the climate where I live and well...it's not so enjoyable anymore.

Mostly though I enjoy a good walk in the rain when many run for shelter. :happy:

Call me weird, but I'd take rainy weather over sunny any time.

If I wake up and it's sunny I have about a 50/50 chance of being in a good mood.

With rain I could have slept two hours and wake up and always be in a great mood.

I really need to move.

Dunno but sometimes Caps Lock or possibly Num Lock may be on .

No I checked it was off. It looked like my old address had been removed so I made a Gmail account on the advice of my sister and I am currently changing all my accounts on the websites I visit. I'm just waiting for Uplay support now.

So anyone up for some tech support?
A bit painful to admit since I'm usually the one everyone comes running too, but...
My PC is being a complete ass...

I swear the thing must be haunted can't figure out what's wrong with the little bastard.
The last few weeks he did the following:
- Forget GPU drivers all of a sudden and restart them.
- Wake up from power saving immediately only to forget the SSD ( D: )
- Refuse to start sound on youtube or games, never happens on VLC though.
- Get stuck in power saving not waking up or going into power saving, fans kept spinning.
- After reboot or startup, tell me there isn't a boot device as if he forgot the C: hard-drive (btw not the SSD)
- Enable and disable USB devices at random.

Things I tried:
ran memtest,
ran HDtune pro (btw that program disables powersaving settings :ermm: )
Exchanged hard drives
reinstalled windows
reinstalled windows on different drives
Went through a dozen drivers for all kinds of stuff
exchanged PSU
removed all USB devices and used PS2 adapters when possible
Exchanged all cables, including the ones from the PSU. (yay for cable management)

So I fear it's the main board that's slowly dying on me especially since the whole no boot device happened. But want to be sure before I consider spending my saved up witcher 3 hardware money on a new one.
But the errors are rare this has been going on for at least two months just some days he behaves perfectly normal and then suddenly he does something strange.

Only thing I'm sure of it can't be heat, the CPU is running at 24°C.
Never had a blue screen or an error in windows logs apart from the I totally forgot your hard-drive was being used...

If it wasn't mine I would never have spend so many hours trying to find out what's bugging him. But it's mine and I actually like my little bastard*.

*I call him little bastard because he lives in a 14 year old case and constantly got upgraded since that time.

After all those attempts, it does start to sound like motherboard power circuits. And unless you have a printed circuit rework lab, those are beyond anything you can repair.

An isolated "oh, I forgot about the SSD" could be the Haswell sleep mode bug. But not the multiple repeated problems; those indicate something more general.

"What's all the hubbub, bub?"
"These Blockbuster bombs don't go off unless you hit them ju-u-u-u-st right."

As I feared, I'm going to search through my hardware piles and see if I can't find a CPU or Mainboard to run some additional tests.

BTW in case it matters the hardware ATM:

CPU: Phenom II X4 965 Black Box
MB: asrock icafe 870 r2.0 ( Northbridge: AMD 870)
GPU: GTX 285 AMP! (runs at a meager 75°C wen hitting 100% usage)
ram: corsair vengeance 2*4GB DDR3 1600 (used to be 16 until my CPU cooler upgrade blocked the space)
2 harddrives C: a normal sata and D: the SSD (which is currently missing again arg... stupid windows updates made me reboot. Reboots not good, break more than they fix)
and whatever that PSU was I tried out last Believe it was a 450w Lepa something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom