Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
F---

Sorry to kill your excitement! Well, actually, I'm not! :evil:

On the cat problem...

On growling and hissing at them for discipline. Yes, it can be very effective, definitely more so than equivalents to "BAD Dog!". They understand what the sounds mean. I use growling for "That belongs to me! Touch it again and you're dead". and hissing for "You're acting like a spoilt brat, stop it right now".
On biting and scratching during play or while you're petting them. Stop instantly and ignore the cat. Any other reaction will encourage them. It's a phase most kittens go through. And yes to the use of toys to interact to the cat - it stops them from getting bored, and also trains them into realising that your body ISN'T a cat-toy to be ripped to shreds.
On biting and scratching when nervous. Ignore the cat and stay calm. Even the most best-behaved cat will lash out when nervous, and any kind of interaction is at your peril, so you need to reassure the cat from a distance. They learn from watching your behaviour, if you seem agitated or nervous, they will react the same way.
On the furniture - If you're there when it happens, calmly pick up the cat and deposit it in front of the scratching post, then walk away. If you're not there, and it won't stain, or if it's already beyond repair, I recommend chili oil. Lemon juice can also work.
The water spray only works if they don't associate it with you, otherwise they just learn to make sure you don't see them do it, and to be afraid of you, neither of which helps.

You can also try getting her high with cat-nip, but on many cats it won't work until they're about six months old (and it doesn't work at ALL on my current generation of cats. Most disappointing).

Videos of you growling at your cat please. Preferably in public.

Ok read everything i missed...hey how's it going?
Happy holidays everyone!
[video=youtube;C-qlML9Ka9w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-qlML9Ka9w[/video]

@AL890 Don't be shy...you're a man after all...or at least supposed to be one. It takes guts to confess...or alot of drinking :p

Oh, that's not my fault!

I've only created "Valkirians" group...
And created "Topic for praising @Валькирия music".
And "Topic for praising @Валькирия fan-arts"...
And "Topic for praising @Валькирия wisdom"...

And... ehm... ""Topic for praising @Валькирия beauty".

Do not go drunken into that good forumdom.
Stupid posts be should burned and forgotten at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom