Total Confusion 2015 - Special guest Mr. Pondsmith

+
Total Confusion 2015 - Special guest Mr. Pondsmith

Yes, this February our beloved prophet will be making an appearance at Total Confusion February 19-22 in Mansfield, MA USA.

http://www.totalcon.com/

Lucky for me this is damn close to where I live. Well, globally speaking that is.

Also a few other R. Talsorian members will be in attendance. Now I am just waiting for the registration to start...

Really looking forward to it.

Interesting, we haven't had any news from him in a long, long time. Probably he will focus on the release of the Mekton Zero Kickstarter project, but any insight on Cyberpunk will be more than welcome.

Do you think we will finally see the Cromebook 5 released?

Don't know what his plan is while there. There are a few slots for Mekton, Mike himself being the ref for one of them. Possibly a playtest/demo/gauge the interest level.
On the Cyberpunk side of things, sadly, there is only one CP game, which of course is being refereed by Mike! That just brings that to "awesomeness" level. If I wasn't busy with RL and had a group to playtest a few scenarios I have laying around, I would run. But I have tried running other CP games at another local con in this area had would have 3 no shows, and 1 game with 1-2 people. Depressing. Then again that was when RPGA was in full swing and 80% of all events where Living City blah blah. Might just bring what I have for a pick up game if I find interest.

Hmmm. I was thinking of going, but I see the CP2020 game is already full. From pre-registrations. That's...a good sign?

Flying in from Canada to watch a game..tempting! But, tough on the budget and schedule. Perhaps next time.

WARM THE POUTING ENGINES.

Last edited:
Max Mike....running a CP2020 game.....fully booked out.....half a world away.......

Soooo not fair!!!!!

Why!!! Why me!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

I will represent you all that can't make it. It is always nice to be in a game session with the author of a THE game! Sorry about gloating :D

I will represent you all that can't make it. It is always nice to be in a game session with the author of a THE game! Sorry about gloating :D

You....know I can take away your ability to gloat, right? FOREVER. Here, anyway.

I might have to frame you for some kind of evil first, but, you know, ALL'S FAIR.

I will forgive you only if you get video.

No video, then punishment. PUNISH.

You....know I can take away your ability to gloat, right? FOREVER. Here, anyway.

I might have to frame you for some kind of evil first, but, you know, ALL'S FAIR.

I will forgive you only if you get video.

No video, then punishment. PUNISH.

Um, need help framing him Sard? I think I saw him, um....maybe possibly, like post something on these forums, once. Yeah, that's the ticket. ;)

*wipes out his corporate immunity card from Arasaka*
I'M ABOVE THE LAW!!

Sard Edit: Oh? Hmm. Checking with Orbital Soviet, it seems your Arasaka privileges are localized to jurisdictions 11, 12 and 21. Didn't they tell you?

Yes, in this jurisdiction, Arasaka has allowed you only a Class "F" identity. Your Corporate Immunity is NO GOOD HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great, I'm in need of a Cyberpunk PnP fix so I'll be eagerly awaiting any news about the brand.

Sard Edit: ONLY IF HE CAN TALK.

Last edited by a moderator:
*wipes out his corporate immunity card from Arasaka*

You can't wipe those out. Only Arasaka or a member of the Corporate Council, (aka the Orbital Soviet) or their official representatives can wipe your card. Representatives. Net Cops. Icemen. Net Weasels. Like, you know, us.

=Sard Edit: ONLY IF HE CAN TALK.

As long as he can type with a finger, stump or the point of his……nose it's fine for me.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned Max Mike is a very nice guy:

Attachments

• 2013-05-02 13.17.44.jpg
    2013-05-02 13.17.44.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 72
Well the con is over. It was a good time.

Met Max Mike, played in his game, and luckily didn't die. Though don't know what's going to happen with my character after this failed attempt to do the bar hop with Danger Girl...

Apparently Lisa convinced him to take a break and head out to the east coast to this convention. Lucky me! There were are few other R Talsorian cronies there: Jay Libby, James Carpio, Dave 'Knighthawk' Simpson..

So there was little news I could get from Mike except he's been hard at work with Mekton and assisting the boyz at Projekt Red. He did hint at a newer version of CP pnp, using some of the things learned about mechanics while creating CP2077 that might make into this edition. Seems like it will be a collaboration between R Talsorian and Projekt Red. Mike has worked out the timeline from 2020 to 2077. He mentioned a bit about the years after the 4th corporate war being a bit Mad Maxian.

So what can I tell you about the scenario? Well we all rolled up Fast and Dirty Expendables. We had a show down with some metaled up goons in the Afterlife, Adam Smasher was a sideline spectator ( thank the cyber gods!). When our soon to be sponsor for a night of fun came in. The goons knew who it was and I was luck to be playing a fixer with a critical roll on my streetwise to figure out that Michiko Arasaka was standing in the door with Arasaka's best security man, Mr. Kim. I think dying from the 3 goons would have been better. So Michiko was having a night out, the first one, from the compound and want to do "the bar hop". She told us that her handle was Danger Girl. Never would have thought I would have seen Max Mike doing an impression of a 17 year old Japanese girl. Back to my character.... I knew my character's life expectancy might be 24 hours or less with this offer, especially with some of the players not knowledgeable about the world. Yes, there was a player who NEVER played Cyberpunk. He was a SR player. Blah! anyways, off we went on a night of AV dog fights, Fugu poisoning, and a narrow escape from Ginger, The Professor, Mrs. Howl, and alligators in the park.

It was good time by all. Even Frank Mentzer (if you don't know who he is, look him up!) came over to our table to say how lucky we were to game with Mike and how jealous he was. Mike told him he'd run a game with him if Frank runs Temple of Elemental Evil for Mike.

Also I was able to catch part of an interview with him by Myth Wits. Heard a bit about R Talsorian's past as well as Mike's. I don't know when they will post that interview online, but you can troll their youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/mythwits

Mike said he might return next year. If so, you all need to keep a look out on Total Confusion's website to find out. http://www.totalcon.com/ In any event I had a great time at the con, even outside of the game with Mike. I am planning to run some games next year as well. Yes CP 2020 games. I just hope there won't be as much snow (the area was slammed with 78" over the past 3 weeks with an additional 2-4" while I was there).

He did hint at a newer version of CP pnp, using some of the things learned about mechanics while creating CP2077 that might make into this edition. Seems like it will be a collaboration between R Talsorian and Projekt Red. Mike has worked out the timeline from 2020 to 2077. He mentioned a bit about the years after the 4th corporate war being a bit Mad Maxian.

Now I'm a happy punk :). The idea of a pinch of Mad Max in the years between editions sounds good to me, a bit of turmoil before the reconstruction.

Man, that game with Mike sounds truly epic,

Hope next year you could bring us more and more news about the future of the Cyberpunk PnP game.

Top Bottom