Homeworld

+
After viewing TB's glowing review I couldn't resist preordering it on Steam. I wanted to wait for a potential GOG release, but I 've proven too weak :p

Do you get the originals if you buy it after launch? I'd like to play the series again. Picked up the first at a salvation army and liked it but got stuck at some level.

Maybe it'll be like D:OS and come to gog a bit late. I'm in no big hurry, so I'll wait a bit, but I'm definitely getting this.

If there's a ever a true CLASSIC game, it's this one.

GOG is the place for classic games.

I guess it's not that easy for everyone :(

Just dug out my copy of the Homeworld manual of the original release. 40 pages of well-written background-story. They don't do such things anymore....

don't be too sad. it's missing tons of mechanics from the original. uses random number generators instead of ballistics, fuel option is gone. the scaled difficulty has been "upgraded" to homeworld 2 level. ai movement and formations totally borked.

of course visually, it's quite decent. i just wish they had actually remastered the second game instead of just enlarging, then applying sharpen/noise on the textures and using the new shader effects. the model quality and detail contrast between hw1 remaster and hw2 remaster is very noticeable. they could have at least used smoothing groups on edges and corners, but they neglected to even do that. amateur move.

don't be too sad. it's missing tons of mechanics from the original. uses random number generators instead of ballistics, fuel option is gone. the scaled difficulty has been "upgraded" to homeworld 2 level. ai movement and formations totally borked.

of course visually, it's quite decent. i just wish they had actually remastered the second game instead of just enlarging, then applying sharpen/noise on the textures and using the new shader effects. the model quality and detail contrast between hw1 remaster and hw2 remaster is very noticeable. they could have at least used smoothing groups on edges and corners, but they neglected to even do that. amateur move.
How are the original games you get with buying it? Do they support modern resolutions and such?

Top Bottom