Cyberpunk Source Material: Games, Movies, Books

+
I'm happy you guys stil maintain this topic alive and going, i would just like to add, im not adding any new items to the list.. But you guys can use this space to discuss new cyberpunk games/animes/mangas..

Oh, I can add things to the list..it's a mod power, you know.

But thanks for the permission to use the thread!

I was on Mod DB the other day, and found this "dystopian cyberpunk" mod for Fallout: New Vegas in the works called, "Wargame 2073 A.D."
I really hope the mod author finishes, and releases this because it looks awesome.
View attachment 3641
http://www.moddb.com/mods/wargame-2073-ad

Also, here's a game in development you might consider adding to the list of PC games:
[video=youtube_share;K-7cCp7QazE]http://youtu.be/K-7cCp7QazE[/video]

Attachments

• 1330030324-wargame-1-173kb.jpg
    1330030324-wargame-1-173kb.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I'll wait until they are relased before adding, though. Although perhaps we need a new section called, "In Development."

I was on Mod DB the other day, and found this "dystopian cyberpunk" mod for Fallout: New Vegas in the works called, "Wargame 2073 A.D."
I really hope the mod author finishes, and releases this because it looks awesome.
View attachment 3641
http://www.moddb.com/mods/wargame-2073-ad

Also, here's a game in development you might consider adding to the list of PC games:
[video=youtube_share;K-7cCp7QazE]http://youtu.be/K-7cCp7QazE[/video]

Thats a cool trailer.

Probably after the Witcher 3 Release, we can expect them to go full on, focusing on updates to fix their new game and after a period of about 2-4 months, we can expect, all the team to head over to Cyberpunk 2077, and of course, then get videos, etc..

Probably after the Witcher 3 Release, we can expect them to go full on, focusing on updates to fix their new game and after a period of about 2-4 months, we can expect, all the team to head over to Cyberpunk 2077, and of course, then get videos, etc..

i am counting on a huge CP77 comeback via gameinformer title story full with artworks, screens and informations, just like they did with the Witcher 3 reveal in gameinformer

the essential cyberpunk reading list

I am reluctant to post anything related to gawker, but IO9 had a pretty good cyberpunk reading list here:
http://io9.com/the-essential-cyberp...utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
and being talked about on reddit here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/3bctg6/the_essential_cyberpunk_reading_list/

One that I want to add on the list is: True Names by Vernor Vinge. Here:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1280983.True_Names
That story stuck with me for years and probably made me excited about the potential of cyberspace long before I read neuromancer.

Star Wars 1313 is not cancelled and it looks punky))

"Star Wars 1313 is still a thing and seems to have added elements of the Uncharted franchise.
"

Last edited:
Cyberpunk Review's - Movies Ratings:

Since the mentioned site with movies list is dead or is it, here is the list it had

Movies Ordered by Star Rating
By SFAM • Updated February 27, 2006

I’m still in the process of uploading my reviews, but here are the ones I’ve reviewed, ordered by quality.

10 Star Movies

Alien
Blade Runner
Brazil
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
La Jetée
Matrix
Metropolis
Technotise: Edit I Ja (Edit & I)
Tetsuo (The Iron Man)
The Terminator
Twelve Monkeys

9 Star Movies

Aeon Flux
Armitage III
Avalon
Battle Angel
Fragile Machine
Gamer
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
Hardware
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions
Natural City
One Point O {Paranoia 1.0}
Robocop
Save the Green Planet
Serial Experiments: Lain
Welt am Draht (World on a Wire)
Wonderful Days {Sky Blue}

8 Star Movies

2009: Lost Memories
A Clockwork Orange
A Scanner Darkly
Akira
Almost Human (Pilot plus First Season)
Artificial Intelligence: AI
Bubblegum Crisis
Casshern
Cypher
Dark City
Equilibrium
eXistenZ
Fifth Element
Gattaca
Lathe of Heaven
Metropolis (2001)
Minority Report
Nirvana
Pi
Puzzlehead
Reboot
Renaissance
Sneakers
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Texhnolyze
The Thirteenth Floor
Thieves
THX-1138
Tron
X-Files: Kill Switch (Episode 11, Season 5)

7 Star Movies

Android
Appleseed
Beyond Human
Black Magic M-66
Brainstorm
Colossus: The Forbin Project
Electric Dragon 80,000V
f8
Hackers
Heavy Metal
Hellevator: The Bottled Fools
I, Robot
Immortel
Malice@Doll
Parasite Dolls
Rubber's Lover
Strange Days
Total Recall
Tron: Legacy
Videodrome
War Games

6 Star Movies

964 Pinocchio
Aeon Flux (2005)
Alien Resurrection
Andoromedia
Appleseed (2004)
Automatic
Bicentennial Man
Code 46
Creation of the Humanoids
Cyber City Oedo 808
Cyberpunk (Documentary)
Final Cut
I.K.U.
Impostor
Johnny Mnemonic
Magdalena's Brain
Real Steel
Returner
RoboGeisha
Surrogates
Tank Girl
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
UCF: Abstract Messiah
Ultraviolet
Virtuosity

5 Star Movies

Cl.One
Code Hunter
Cyborg 2
Death Powder
Eve of Destruction
Freejack
Full Metal Yakuza
Johnny 2.0
Lawnmower Man
Liquid Sky
Looker
Nemesis
Omega Doom
Repo Men
Runaway
Screamers
Slipstream
Terminatrix
The Island
Timecop
Tokyo Gore Police
Virtual Obsession (Host)
We Live in Public

4 Star Movies

Absolon
Armitage: Dual Matrix
Cherry 2000
Cyborg
Cyborg 2087
Futureworld (The Proto-Cyberpunk Sequel to Westworld)
Galerians: Rion
Guinea Pig: Android of Notre Dame
Gunhed
Judge Dredd
RoboCop 2
Teknolust - Not Cyberpunk
Tetsuo II: Body Hammer
UCF: Toronto Cybercide
Webmaster
Xchange

3 Star Movies

Death Machine
Heatseeker
Menno's Mind
Robocop 3
Sixteen Tongues
Virtual Girl
William Gibson: No Maps for These Territories

2 Star Movies

American Cyborg: Steel Warrior
Bronx Executioner
Exterminator City
Veronica 2030 - {NOT Cyberpunk}
Westworld (Not cyberpunk, but a proto-cyberpunk influence)

1 Star Movies

Cybernator
Future War - It’s NOT Cyberpunk
New Rose Hotel - {It's NOT Cyberpunk! Mkay?}
Untraceable (Not cyberpunk, and not for cyberpunk fans)

It's a good list, and it's been here for a while, just thought i should bring that back up

Kaebus2196

It's a good list, and it's been here for a while, just thought i should bring that back up

It has a sticky, so people will come across it easily enough. I am glad you agree though, the lists here have helped me out tremendously as well. Also, to anyone who hasn't, I recommend seeing Split Second. The acting maybe shabby in some bits, but the atmosphere is great and it would remind you of what a cyberpunk adventure could look like. The full movie is uploaded on YouTube and likely isn't going down for awhile.

Altered Carbon is very nice because its a perfect questionning about the importance of memory. Memory is the only think why have to keep to live for eternity. Factualy.

But honestly the best Cyberpunk stuff in the world in my op is Ghost In The Shell. Of course, without William Gibson there's no GITS, But GITS its the perfect well balanced Cyberpunk stuff, there is everything.

The Quantum Thief (and the rest of the Jean le Flambeur books) by Hannu Rajaniemi are some of the best cyberpunk recently published. An excellent blend of Gibson and Banks. At least that's the way I read them.

Also, if you read Nova by Samuel Delany, you'll see where things like jacking in and implants originated. It's a brilliant book besides.

Last edited:
As someone posted numerous times earlier satelight reign needs to be on this list as well as a PC title called Dex, next off there was an awesome cardgame called net runner back in the day which has been re-liscensed with some changed now in an LCG format called android: netrunner, the android boardgame is also solid cyberpunk, I'll dig out nmore of my I have to own everything cyberpunk library to post here later when i get home.;

P.S. shadowrun is totally cyberpunk more accurately cyberpunk+fantasy which still at its core is cyberpunk

Top Bottom