Main Protagonist - in the books

+
Main Protagonist - in the books

Question - In the books, is the story mainly about Geralt, or does the author skip between several witchers? If different, who else?

Geralt mainly, however a very important character is Ciri, tied to Geralt becouse of the Law of Suprise. The forth book, "Wieża Jaskółki"(I'd translate it as The Swellow's Tower), is mainly about her and in the fifth, "Pani Jeziora" (The Lady of the Lake, if I'm not mistaken), she is the second main character.

Teer1

Forum veteran
The other important character is Yennefer ( sorceress, true love of Geralt, friend of Triss, Ciri's foster mother)There is relatively little about other witchers - none of them is book hero. However several chapters of the books take place in Karen Mohren and one chapter is about battle of Brenne, where one of the witchers die.

I would say Geralt and Ciri are the main Charackters. But Yennever and Dandeilion are important too.

JeanneM said:
Question - In the books, is the story mainly about Geralt, or does the author skip between several witchers? If different, who else?
short stories are about adventures of Geralt (apart from one story which is about Geralts parents).there is also Dandelion,Yen,and others,but Geralt remains main characterin the saga,IMO Ciri gradually becomes second main character. in some tomes there is very little about Geralt. lots about the world generally. narration is led of very different points of view. dozens of interesting characters appear. it`s quite similar to the way of Phillip Dick.so we have the big ones (kings,wizards,and so on), main characters and those who are close to them (Geralt,Ciri,their "teams"), and we have the little ones, ordinary people. they sometimes shift roles, meet each other, have their own issues. it makes the story flow.they are some witchers mentioned in the books (Vesemir,Eskel,Lambert,Coen,and some unnamed appear sometimes not directly,generally as "other witchers")all appear in the first tome of the saga.also Coen in the fourth tome (AFAIR).not really much of other witchers in the saga

I'd love to learn more about Vesemir -- he's seen so much and lived such a long time. And how did he manage to survive the attack on Kaer Morhen?

gamewidow said:
I believe he survived the attack at kaer Morhen by not being there at the time :)
That wasn't what it sounded like when he was telling the story to Geralt in the Prologue.

ausir

Forum veteran
But it is stated explicitly in Blood of Elves that only the ones that weren't in the keep at the time of the massacre survived.

Top Bottom