Cyberpunk 2077 on PlayStations should support gyroscopic aiming.

+

matj1

Forum regular
Aiming is an essencial part of gun combat and gun combat will probably be an important part of Cyberpunk 2077. Aiming with a stick is slow or imprecise in my opinion. PlayStation controllers have gyroscopes inside and they can be used for aiming which is much more precise than aiming with just a stick. I saw a demo of gameplay of Cyberpunk 2077 and when I saw the combat, I thought the aiming was too slow and gyroscopic aiming could improve that.

Gyroscopic aiming should be an option, not mandatory, because I know many people don't like it. Also it wouldn't be used alone but together with stick aiming. The stick would have high sensitivity to allow quick turns and the gyroscope would be used for precise aiming. In that way it can be thought of as a replacement of aiming assist. Personally, I like high sensitivity of the gyroscope to be able to track enemies with it over wide arcs, so not just as an aiming assist.

Gyroscopic aiming isn't large sweeps like on Wii, it's small wrist movements with the controller. (a demonstration in Destiny 2, a longer analysis) Many games on Switch use it (Splatoon 2 and DOOM for example) and people report that when they play shooters on other consoles after playing on Switch with gyroscopic aiming, it's much harder to control them. I use gyroscopic aiming on PC with Steam Controller in almost every shooter game.
I did some tests in Aim Lab and aiming with a gyroscope is to me as precise and fast as aiming with a mouse. (Some tests by other people of gyroscopic aiming against other input methods: by JibbSmart, by Nerrel)

Well, if it's optional... and it doesn't seem like it will take too much time to implement. Personally speaking, I'll just stick with Mouse + KB (because I do have a choice).

On a related note:

matj1

Forum regular
On a related note:
I was aware of the video and I like it but i deliberately not linked it in my original post because it's more about gyroscopic aiming with a flick stick than the more conventional implementation. I think flick stick is too alien to most people and I don't expect it to be implemented in Cyberpunk 2077 and I haven't tried it so I can't say it's good from personal experience. But thank you for posting, I think flick stick is cool and a mainstream YouTube channel can give my opinion some weight.

I doubt the game will support such a thing at launch. Maybe for a future update, but for now, I think CDPR is more concerned with polishing and fixing the actual game than implementing this feature.

Top Bottom