Gyro Aim for Controllers - Lot of PS5 Players wishing this were a standard...

+
I wish this aiming mechanic were implemented in Cyberpunk 2077. Its my go-to method for aiming. MW2, Fortnite, God of War Ragnarok, Neon White, TLOU, No Mans Sky....quite a few games in the past year have added it. A good Gyro Aim implementation can give "mouse-like" aim that does not rely on Aim Assist. A much more intuitive system. Does not need to replace traditional stick aiming--more options for us players, the better. Just want devs to recognize that this mechanic has become very popular and that there are many who will not play a shooting game unless it has Gyro Aim. I hope to see this get implemented:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/14lm324

List of Playstation games that have Gyro Aim:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/svbqnd

Given that you can use the PS4 keyboard with 'gyro-aim' from the controller, I'm surprised this wasn't a thing on the PS4, never mind the PS5.

it's not hard to figure out, a game releasing on 3 platforms and only one of them has gyro aiming? you don't bother, the value add was clearly way too small for the work required.

Though of course i would have made the same call about ray tracing.

it's not hard to figure out, a game releasing on 3 platforms and only one of them has gyro aiming? you don't bother, the value add was clearly way too small for the work required.

Though of course i would have made the same call about ray tracing.
Gyro Aim exists on all platforms but 1....Xbox. Many PC players I know utilize Gyro Aim through Steam and other 3rd party applications. Hell, I know 1 guy that kicks ass on Apex Legends with literally a single Joycon for fun on PC haha

Xbox controllers are actually the ONLY controller with no Gyro Aim technology. But a lot of the 3rd party variants do. You can actually get the Armor X Pro that converts Xbox controllers into Gyro Aim use. Even phones have Gyro Aim. But its to be expected that MS is going to be adding to their next controller. Theyve been prototyping a bunch of new features such as HD Rumble and Adaptive Triggers like the Dualsense along with an LCD screen.

Unfortunately, we may not see this new controller for another 4 or so years till the new console generation....

Gyro aim cannot be assumed on PC, there for you don't plan a game around people having it. you have to plan around the default controls, mouse and keyboard.

I had to create an account for this topic. I hope it gets seen by the devs.

After months I turned on the PS5 yesterday for the CP2077 2.0 update and a new save.

What an awesome update, thank you CDPR!

Before that I was pretty much just using my Steam Deck and enjoying the gyro-aim function for each and every shooter I played (F.E.A.R. , S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Fallout New Vegas, Singularity ...) This way of aiming is now so ingrained in my flesh and blood.

So when I started CP2077 again yesterday I wanted to aim as usual via aim down sights and bring the crosshair exactly into the target via gyro-aim.
When this was not possible as usual I of course remembered again that it is far from standard on PS5 to offer this function, but please, dear devs, please bring this function into the game. It is so frustrating to have the technology implemented in the controller but not being able to use it.
Aiming with aim assist isn't much fun for me because I don't feel like I'm in charge of what's happening, I want to earn my kills, but without aim assist it's not optimal with just joysticks either.
Gyro-Aim closes the gap and makes the experience so much more immersive.

I really hope you can make this true.
I would really like to be able to play Phantom Liberty with gyro-aim in a few days when I have progressed so far in the campaign with my nomad/netrunner build.

I had to create an account for this topic. I hope it gets seen by the devs.

After months I turned on the PS5 yesterday for the CP2077 2.0 update and a new save.

What an awesome update, thank you CDPR!

Before that I was pretty much just using my Steam Deck and enjoying the gyro-aim function for each and every shooter I played (F.E.A.R. , S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Fallout New Vegas, Singularity ...) This way of aiming is now so ingrained in my flesh and blood.

So when I started CP2077 again yesterday I wanted to aim as usual via aim down sights and bring the crosshair exactly into the target via gyro-aim.
When this was not possible as usual I of course remembered again that it is far from standard on PS5 to offer this function, but please, dear devs, please bring this function into the game. It is so frustrating to have the technology implemented in the controller but not being able to use it.
Aiming with aim assist isn't much fun for me because I don't feel like I'm in charge of what's happening, I want to earn my kills, but without aim assist it's not optimal with just joysticks either.
Gyro-Aim closes the gap and makes the experience so much more immersive.

I really hope you can make this true.
I would really like to be able to play Phantom Liberty with gyro-aim in a few days when I have progressed so far in the campaign with my nomad/netrunner build.
The thingbwith Gyro Aim: it just makes gaming way more intuitive than with sticks and AA. Snapping on to enemies is more like a mouse in terms of feeling of control. Absolutely love it.

On top of it, Gyro Aim frees up the right thumb so performing actions WITHOUT losing aim is massive. You can do things like bunnyhop, dodge or just any form of mobility movements while still being able to aim and attack is much more possible and fluid. This is pretty massive in a game like CP2077 where so many combat interactions revolve around parkour and dodge movements: double jumps, dodge strafing, shoot while dashing, midair maneuvering....all can be done just like a mouse and keyboard but on controller, allowing for flashier and more fun gameplay.

Would love to see CDPR surprise us with a Gyro Aim implementation...

Top Bottom