[2.01] Crashes, Broken police, Overpowered builds

+
I've created completely new character in new game in 2.0 patch. Never used mods in Cyberpunk 2077 or anything like that, but anyway its completely new game install.

1. At the beginning of everything was fine. After 50h of playing I've got game crashing every 10 minutes. At the beginning there was no crashes at al, I played like this more than half week. But then it started like 1 crash per day, now it crashes constantly and its unplayable.
2. Police got broken. It happened after long time from start game everything was fine, but at some point I've noticed police completely broken. it does not react completely, like player does not exists in the game. The police work well in older save files.
3. Builds too overpowered, it does not interesting to play even at maximum difficulty I do not feel any challenge. I've started at max difficulty, I was enjoying gameplay, but once you take some skills or/and some items it become completely no difficulty. Am I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077 at maximum difficulty or I'm playing story mode in A Plague Tale? I've lost the difference around at 20th character level.

RED Staff completely ignore everyone, they never responded to anyone, the DLC launched week ago, and nothing changed. THE GAME UNPLAYBLE, I have no hope.

I'm quit playing it for a time, hope everything get fixed, and this is just me such picky guy. As sign of good wishes, I hold myself from reviewing the game on Steam, I know this is water drop in an ocean, but still i do not want to be involved in to killing such a good game.
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE: It does not game crashing with old save file.

I've deleted MSI Center with MSI Mystic Light, I'm not sure but so far I have no crashes. The interesting moment I had no crashes before while I had this apps installed, I had installed this apps at Windows install, so I had it much longer before Cyberpunk 2077, and I never touched it. had no problems with it while I was playing Cyberpunk before.
Maybe there is other reasons why crashes gone, I've load some older saves, and then tried to load latest saves and change location where I doing quests. I thought it matter to mention, I playing for like hour and no crashes. Will keep updated in case the case is a coincidence and crashes return.

Attachments

• AutoSave-4.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 50
  • msinfo32.txt
    4.2 MB · Views: 39
  • DxDiag.txt
    113.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
this post reminds me of the day skyrim came out many years ago and people was complaining that at highest difficulty you could kill a dragon with a daedric bow and just one daedric arrow...

and that's why i only used falmer arrows that where even worse than iron arrows, to have a challenge.

you should create your own challenges, play however you want, some people enjoy the challenge like you and me, others like being ridiculously op.

me for example i've made a build that has almost perma sandevistan, when sandy is up, i'm good, when sandy is down, im paper thin, i have to plan carefull, do combos, dash, block, counterattack, heal myself with finishers and stuff and i'm lovin it, why can't you try to do the same?

about the crashing, i've come to realise, actually i realised this around 1.2 or 1.3 more than a year ago (right now i have 920 hours) that when the game crashed if i started the game right away it would crash again after a few minutes, so it ocurred to me that if i restarted the pc maybe the issue would gtfo, and you know what? it did, now it crashes once every two or three days, and i've played more than 8 hours a day since 2.0 came out so i just restart the computer and i'm gucci ^_^

[...] be constructive, dude, look for my bug reports in the forum, this is how you report ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloaded the 2.01 path today, the crashes returned, now it crashes even on loading screen on game launch.

Its unplayble, it just crashes every minute now.

be constructive, dude, look for my bug reports in the forum, this is how you report ^_^

Hard to be constructive, when you pay for the game, you get it unplayble. The cops still completly broken, path 2.01 went out, but nothing changed. There is not response, you post something on technical phorum, to recieve some help or get feedback from RED Staff Team to make sure you are not wasting time, but only response you get is from other dudeds who waste time on the forum aswell as you. I feel it waste already, that is why my message less constructive, more emotional. I just can't play my fucking safe game. It was crashing yesterday only ingame, only on my new save file. Today we got 2.01 patch and now it crashes even in game menu, even when you just press button to game lauch it crashes imedietly, even on other save files. And the only help I get is SILENCE. I'm talking to the walls acutally, reporting bugs to the WALLS. I've read some bugs was reported YEARS ago on the forum and NOTHING changed. NOTHING. So how do I know the time I spend to being constructive, detailed and so on, if I never know if any of RED Staff read it.

There is non games on my PC have carashes, none of them! Only Cyberpunk 2077 crashes, its completly new and clean install. TO BE HONEST I FEEL RED TEAM MUST SAY THANKS TO US FOR EVERY BUG REPORT. NOT JUST COMMUNICATE WITH US WHICH IS NOT EVEN HAPPEN TO MAKE SURE IT WILL GET FIXED. WE PAID MONEY TO PLAY THE GAME! NOT TO FOR BETA TEST!

This is just trash pile not the forum. I mean what the fuck we reporting bugs like we in 1990th. There is many modern ways how it could be but we using fucking furm to report bugs to nowhere without any response, and please notice the fact we paid our funking money for this. WTF really! Everyone on their own, have to fix bugs with mods, probalby, this is how it supposed to work looks like. Its like TWO fucking weeks already from the realease of 2.0 and did you seen that short 2.01 path note? THRE IS TONS POF PEOPLE CRYING STRAIGHT FOR TWO WEEKS ABOUT "POLICE DOES NO WORK COMPLETLY" AND NO RESPONSE NO FIXES!

I know it disgusting to read, but I'm upset, have no other words anymore.

I can actually agree that the part of difficulty is not constructive, and this is just another cry that can be ignored because it is subjective how everyone feels the game difficulties and what they would like to feel in the games. I understand that.

But the part about crashing I feel I said clear enough. Why Cyberpunk so special that I must delete every single application from my PC to make it work, reinstall windows, reinstall games hundred times to make sure it will work properly? This is really rare case that a game so picky to environment. The games must be developed same as all other apps, I can use any app, it will not crash and ask me to delete everything from my PC to make it work especially I paid for the app. There is TONS of games that run on my PC without any ISSUE, so why I must follow this "recommendations" like reinstall the game, delete your audio drivers, delete everything fucking application on your PC, reinstall windows, reinstall the game. It is already clean windows install only with just necessary apps installed with HARDWARE drivers. I've deleted some apps (that hardware manufacturer installed on the PC) that potentially could inject or hook to the game process, lie AURA stuff from Asus, like stupid audio driver that uses Nahimic and so on, everything deleted (even I think it should not be deleted because WTF this is part of my hardware).

My PC configurations is
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X [RTX 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G]
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K BX8071513900K
CPU Cooling system: ASUS ROG STRIX LC II 360 ARGB Black 360mm 90RC00F1-M0UAY0 (barely handle the CPU ><)
Memory: KINGSTON FURY Renegade RGB 32GB (16GB x2) DDR5-6400 (KF564C32RSAK2-32)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI (LGA1700, ATX)
Operating system: Windows 11 x64 version 22H2 OS build 22621.2361, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22674.1000.0

Everything that is installed on my PC is licensed software and under warranty hardware. I have no crashes with any other application or games, even older games, or the latest games like Starfield or Assassin's creed, so what a Hell anyone asking me to delete something from my pc to make Cyberpunk working? EXPLAIN ME PLEASE, I WILL LISTEN CAREFULLY why i must do such big moves to make work paid software, but without explanation [...] you can't ask it.

At the end of the day, I send every single crash report, so there is no more constructive part I could bring here, and only reason I mentioned crashes on the forum, because it is UNPLAYBE, i'm upset and tired from this, I can't really play fucking game on modern brand-new PC.

About police broken, I have no Idea what more I could provide to being constructive about this. There is thousands of players experiencing the same problem and seeking for the solution for last two weeks straight. I've provided save file. If I would know that RED read this, if I would get any response from with enough competence, i would even find the reason why exactly it happens, because I have many save files, and there is older saves that have no issue at all, just fucking fix it or give proper response.

I would like to mention also, that I'm not trying to insult anyone, would not like to share you my bad feelings, if can ignore the forum, no one force you to read it right. But literally I have no other options, and I have no idea how I can more precisely express what i'm experiencing playing this game and this bug report system. Here is nothing personal, I understand that big company is very slow for changes, and little depends on ordinary employees.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you've reported a lot of bugs since 2.0.

You're obviously experiencing a lot of issues. One thing though, the forum is not a proper way to report bugs. It's right up there on the technical page.

This subforum is not a channel of CD PROJEKT RED's Tech Support Team!
If you need to contact our Tech Support Team, please visit the Official Tech Support Website

If you really want to report bugs, of any kind, there is a specific page for that. It's been said multiple times that the technical forum is not an official channel to report bugs. That's not to say they won't see it but it's not the proper way of ensuring they do see it.

Use the right channels to report your crash issues and possibly get direct help from CDPR:

That's the only way you might get an answer from CDPR. I'm not saying you will but it's far more likely you will if you do it that way than if you only post on the technical forum.

And if you want a better chance of getting an answer, don't go in super emotional and angry. It won't help your case.

I think crashes somehow referenced to unlimited FPS, and when I alt tab or go to menu or something like this it might crash.

I used their suggestions; they talk by script wrote by someone else and suggest many things that they even does not understand themselves. Once you tried to do their suggestions you just give up and go cry on forum or they will say like there is nothing they can suggest anymore, and we have wait for the fixes. I can tell exactly step by step what they will suggest me to do, I know how it works. But this is not anyhow fixing the game issues, it just trying to exclude that I'm not stupid and my PC does not broken, nothing else. What the reason I send bug reports when game crash, if I must duplicate it somewhere else to support directly? I see no reason. I become super emotionally only because they are ignoring everyone. As I mentioned for example there is in game problem with police, it completely ignoring the player existence, even if you shoot to their face. The problem is existing, many players experience the issue. We waited for two weeks, we have no any info that actually the problem acknowledged by devs, we have no idea if the are working on it or not, we have no idea when it will be fixed. Nothing. NO response at all. So you suggest me to type about this by the link you provided and go through all the useless steps, like delete everything reinstall everything, clean everything and so on, while every single game on my pc runs perfectly fine, but just not Cyberpunk, they will suggest the flow the other staff prepared for them to suggest, and once the done the PROCEDURE, they will just say we are sorry you are experiencing the problem, and I just will have no answer or anything else and tons of wasted time. No thanks. The system does not work, it does not helps, I'm not sure that even I'm talking to human there.

But thank you anyway, I've forgotten they have this support service, I'll try to use it. But I have no believe it will solve anything.

Last edited:
So one thing you can try is limiting fps in the settings also alt tab isent really recommended also i noticed running stuff in the background isent that good for this game either (chome and so on). Not sure why but i have similar speccs just diffrent brands and for me it works fine. This game tends to be speciall tho in stability and shows faults in software/hardware very easily. Heck it doesent even like overlays...

Top Bottom