[SOLVED] Strange crashes since pathc 2.0

+
I can play the game perfectly fine (like a 5 hour session without a hitch) until I need to load a save. Attempting so crashes the came. More precisely, if I start the game I always can load a save game without any problem, but if I load a save, play for a while, then, attempt to load a save again (the same or different, does not matter), the game crashes (and I think, that it crashes at the beginning of the loading process).

I have no mods and never had.

I tried (obviously without success):
1) fresh installation of the game;
2) setting key buttons to default.

I have 13900KS, 4090 FE, and my Nvidia drivers are up-to-date.

What can cause such crashes, any thoughts?

Do you get any crash report popup or does it just lock up?
Yes, I have them. For example the last one says
Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.5022294 P4CL: 6565293 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x7FF6DA0790E4.
File: <Unknown>
Line: 0

Hmm sadly that error is quite common and broad. It points towards a memory issue but it can really be anything. No overclock on anything? XMP on the ram?

No overclock on anything? XMP on the ram?
I do, my DDR5 is at 7600 mhz, but it passed two benchmarks.

Another repors says:
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x0.

i have a 13900k and my xmp memory was unstable, just in games tho. But if you can play for 5 h without a crash it might just be a very rare issue that happends. For me the Pc shut off at random when i was gaming untill i figured out what it was. disabeling asus own memory things like real time memory timings and lowering from 7200 to 7000 stopped the issues for me.

i have a 13900k and my xmp memory was unstable, just in games tho. But if you can play for 5 h without a crash it might just be a very rare issue that happends. For me the Pc shut off at random when i was gaming untill i figured out what it was. disabeling asus own memory things like real time memory timings and lwoering from 7200 to 7000 stopped the issues for me.
My rig is stable, I have no shut off's (even under extreme load like benchmarks).

My issue is not random, it is consistent and reproducible.

I have found a solution to my problem:

Intel i9 13900KS has two P-cores with x60 ratio (and six P-cores with x56 ratio). Setting in BIOS the ratio of these two cores to x59 (and leaving the other P-cores at x56) completely solved my problem. But I have no idea why this actually works and what the problem is with CP2077, maybe the game just cannot handle 6000MHz, I do not know.

I installed older Nvidia graphics card drivers and it doesn't crash anymore.
546.29 is what I use now, not the newest.

Top Bottom