+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
7_DAYS_16-9_EN.png

I'm really disappointed that some players already received their copies. I pre-ordered CyberPunk the next day it was available on Steam. I wanted ot show you my respect by it and my trust. I didn't compain about 2 postpones: I understood that you don't want X-Box and PS players to be disappointed. But now they have a chance to play before PC players who paid for it almost 1,5 year ago. Confidence is successfully undermined.

Rasuka

Forum regular
I'm really disappointed that some players already received their copies. I pre-ordered CyberPunk the next day it was available on Steam. I wanted ot show you my respect by it and my trust. I didn't compain about 2 postpones: I understood that you don't want X-Box and PS players to be disappointed. But now they have a chance to play before PC players who paid for it almost 1,5 year ago. Confidence is successfully undermined.

But that's not CDPR's fault, they have to send the game off earlier so that everyone gets it by December 10th at the latest.
some people are lucky that they have it earlier, but we don't have to wait long and the few days go by.

jt4gov

Forum regular
That's not on CDPR though, it's on the retailers and distributors. CDPR didn't give the okay to start handing out copies to anyone other than reviewers.

Madae

Forum veteran
But that's not CDPR's fault, they have to send the game off earlier so that everyone gets it by December 10th at the latest.
some people are lucky that they have it earlier, but we don't have to wait long and the few days go by.
I wouldn't say people stealing from a warehouse are "lucky".

My max. download speed is a pitiful 20m/s out here where i live. Sooo, i'm fine now but once my digital copy starts downloading... Ugh... That's when i start pacing the floor with impatient gitters! lol

Madae

Forum veteran
People just got sent early copies by mistake...
Hadn't heard of that. Only saw people were taking them from warehouses. Just saw it was posted today that people got it early.

It's an interesting question, though... since people are breaking the date, either on purpose or by mistake, makes me wonder why bother holding it back.

Hadn't heard of that. Only saw people were taking them from warehouses. Just saw it was posted today that people got it early.

It's an interesting question, though... since people are breaking the date, either on purpose or by mistake, makes me wonder why bother holding it back.

Because you cant just go "hey btw we are releases a week early" all of a sudden. people have plans around the 10th, and more importantly, retailers do as well. Its even possible they dont have the full stock they need yet as well.

And yes, I know plans were interupted by the delay dates, but in that case its giving *more* time and its also something they obviously did not want to do but was necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Madae

Forum veteran
Because you cant just go "hey btw we are releases a week early" all of a sudden. people have plans around the 10th, and more importantly, retailers do as well. Its even possible they dont have the full stock they need yet as well.
I'm just pondering the turn of events.

I wasn't talking about the stores that broke the date, I'm talking about CDPR. Maybe I should have specified better.

I dont understand. If cdpr pushes the date back so do stores. Werent you asking why cdpr cant just release early?

Top Bottom