All cloud saves not available in game

+
Hello, I need help with Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5.

I just bought phantom liberty and when I tried to play I noticed most of my previous cyberpunk 2077 saves are missing. I haven’t played the game since beating it about a year ago (give or take). I was a high level and had tons of perks.

Now the only saves showing are from very early game in 2021 (character is only level 7).

I see a much more recent save in the PS5 cloud (from 11/2022) and I tried to load it + overwrite other saves but it won’t work. I have tried 3 times now to load the cloud save.
When I go into the PS5 settings and look at the most recent save on the console, my loaded cloud save shows up. But when I open the game, it’s only showing those old saves from 2021.

please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I need help with Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5.

I just bought phantom liberty and when I tried to play I noticed most of my previous cyberpunk 2077 saves are missing. I haven’t played the game since beating it about a year ago (give or take). I was a high level and had tons of perks.

Now the only saves showing are from very early game in 2021 (character is only level 7).

I see a much more recent save in the PS5 cloud (from 11/2022) and I tried to load it + overwrite other saves but it won’t work. I have tried 3 times now to load the cloud save.
When I go into the PS5 settings and look at the most recent save on the console, my loaded cloud save shows up. But when I open the game, it’s only showing those old saves from 2021.

please help!

I didn’t see this exact topic and don’t have enough posts to start a new thread, so I am posting here per site instructions.
Not sure, just a guess, but maybe deleting the expansion, clear the cache and check if the base game detect your saves. If yes, load the one you want, and create a brand new save. Then install the expansion again and check if the newly created save is available (in theory, it should).

Not sure, just a guess, but maybe deleting the expansion, clear the cache and check if the base game detect your saves. If yes, load the one you want, and create a brand new save. Then install the expansion again and check if the newly created save is available (in theory, it should).
Thank you! I will try that today and report back.

So I figured out my issue and I’m an idiot! lol

I didn’t realize that I moved the PS5 version to external HDD storage, so it wasn’t playable and it was loading the old PS4 version for me to play off the HDD drive. I transferred the PS5 version of the game to console storage and all my saves reappeared. Yay!

Next question - can I play phantom liberty without updating cyberpunk first? I am still on update 1.6.

I know a lot has changed since 1.6. I am just nervous that my current saves won’t work if I update to 2.1. When I was researching my issue I read of people having issues on PS5 with saves being erased or corrupted
Is that something I should worry about? Is playing phantom liberty even an option without updating?

I currently have the 2.1 update paused and I’m installing phantom liberty so I guess I’ll find out soon.

Next question - can I play phantom liberty without updating cyberpunk first? I am still on update 1.6.
Nope you can't, Phantom Liberty require 2.0 and on console, no other choice than updating the game to 2.1.
Just a guess, but I don't think the game in 1.6 will even recognize/detect the expansion at all :)

Nope you can't, Phantom Liberty require 2.0 and on console, no other choice than updating the game to 2.1.
Just a guess, but I don't think the game in 1.6 will even recognize/detect the expansion at all :)
Yeah I figured as much and ended up updating shortly after I made that post. I read that the corrupt save issues seemed to be more with the earlier updates right after 2.0 and that it was (mostly) fixed in a later update.

So far so good! All my saves are still working on the 2.100.000 update. I haven’t started phantom liberty yet but I did get the call to start the mission.

Top Bottom