At "Dream on" mission game crashes when entering ramen place

+
So after hacking the van, i make call for Elisabeth and she want to meet me at Ramen place. It doesn't matter do i fast travel there, game crashes. If i drive there myself with motorbike, game crashes. It feels it crashes when entering the area, i can't even reach her yet. Anyone else having this?

On PC ?
I suppose yes, but it's a area where there are many NPC and dense activity in the market and above. Maybe lowered some graphic parameters could help (i don't think it's linked to the quest. It's just Elysabeth waiting for you)

Yes on PC.
I don't believe graphics is the issue. Even i have "only" Radeon 480 with Intel i7-3770 i have managed to play the game for 300 hours and finished the game twice. Previous times had no problems, and other missions went smoothly. Still, i can hang out in other places with multiple NCP's and so on.

Ok, i said that because on old-gen console, this was one of "crash" zones (once in two, it was the guaranteed crash) :)
I suppose you haven't any problem during "I fought the law" (same market). But it was probably before 1.22 hotfix. so i don't really know :(
I hope a PC "expert" (what i am not) could help you ;)

Last edited:
Ok, i said that because on old-gen console, this one of "crash" zones (once in two, it was the guaranteed crash) :)
I suppose you haven't any problem during "I fought the law" (same market). But it was probably before 1.22 hotfix. so i don't really know :(
I hope a PC "expert" (what i am not) could help you ;)
I made a test.
I set my graphics at low, and now i got to talk Elisabeth.
We had convo for minute or two, and middle of convo BOOM crash again. I suspect the hotfix now also, since it's not 1st time fixes needs more fixes :(

This is sooo depressing when you wanna put some cyber into punk, but the game melts and crashes. Now i know the pain, what distressed man had in the mission Burning desire. I have the burning desire to play the game, but cyberpunk 2077 burns my pee pee :(

E:
For computer experts, i raised my MSI Afterburner fans speed. Not overclocking, only raised fans so i got 54-55 Celsius temp. So, that can't be it, GPU runs cool enough. Now i tried again, BOOM almost same moment of convo game crashes on LOW graphics settings.

Last edited:
The 480 and your CPU are both above minumum. The game can run on that hardware. Minimum specs are a 470 at 1080p on low. So if you're crashing on a 480 on low...then graphics are likely not the core issue.

Now i tried again, BOOM almost same moment of convo game crashes on LOW graphics settings.

^This is most likely the core issue. Seems like something about your either your save state or installation may be the cause.

0.) Using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

1.) Repair/verify the installation through GOG / Steam / etc. Try the quest again.

2.) Reload to a point before that quest was active and try starting it again. See if the crashes occur the same way.

I'd be super-surprised if graphical settings had anything to do with it. Whenever graphics are too much for a GPU, it just chugs and stutters. It doesn't usually result in a crash. If you try to play a game at settings beyond what your GPU/CPU can handle, a game will simply refuse to launch or crash at launch. Normally, games simply grey out any graphical options or detail levels that would not be possible for the hardware.

Crashes are a result of mechanical functions in a game hitting exceptions. Quest instructions, conflict with APIs, driver issues, etc.

Top Bottom